Page 781 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2816817317717777787797807817827837847857918318811281 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,715 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If he wasn't a legit draw, he wouldn't be getting the money and schedule he is getting now. If Vince wasn't paying him this much, someone else would be and doing the exact same thing for the same reason. He's be in AWE being paid millions for only wrestling a handful of times a year, because he can justify it. Any fed on the planet that could afford him would do it.
    Because the company believes he's worth it. People have mocked Vince for years for paying his over inflated salary for the handful of dates each year for awhile. Because the WWE itself makes a shit ton of money essentially with Brock having no effect on it. I mean the Smackdown deal itself is $1 billion dollars. As Cornette joked , Vince can change NOTHING now and still never worry as his company is in no danger. So he can keep shoving Lesnar out there. Keep having him bury guys and do long title reigns with no one caring

AEW hopefully has enough common sense to not bury the guys they are building for the future to Brock Lesnar in this act if they did sign him. Or hand him a title and rarely get title defenses from it.

Its 2019 , Brock Lesnar's act is stale as I posted above. You have seen it for 5 years. At this point I'm sure Vince will do it for another decade.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I'll wager 99% of the wrestlers in the lockeroom would have been happy to swap places with Kofi last night if it meant winning the WWE title at Wrestlemania and holding the belt for the better part of the year.
    I'd argue that's a problem in and of itself. Modern pro wrestlers are so used to WWE being the only game in town and are so strongly conditioned into believing that they're expendable ("We're just happy to be here!") that none of them stand up for themselves for fear of being 'cast from the garden'.

Hopefully, with AEW's ascendance and other organizations like NJPW becoming more global, this will change. Whether or not WWE changes with it...eh.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Because the company believes he's worth it. People have mocked Vince for years for paying his over inflated salary for the handful of dates each year for awhile. Because the WWE itself makes a shit ton of money essentially with Brock having no effect on it. I mean the Smackdown deal itself is $1 billion dollars. As Cornette joked , Vince can change NOTHING now and still never worry as his company is in no danger. So he can keep shoving Lesnar out there. Keep having him bury guys and do long title reigns with no one caring

AEW hopefully has enough common sense to not bury the guys they are building for the future to Brock Lesnar in this act if they did sign him. Or hand him a title and rarely get title defenses from it.

Its 2019 , Brock Lesnar's act is stale as I posted above. You have seen it for 5 years. At this point I'm sure Vince will do it for another decade.
    Any wrestling company on the planet that could afford Brock would think he's worth it too. Including AEW.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Some of y'all here need to stop using the word "bury" when that's not what happened to Kofi. Wasn't happy with it myself, but that wasn't a "burial."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Some of y'all here need to stop using the word "bury" when that's not what happened to Kofi. Wasn't happy with it myself, but that wasn't a "burial."
    ...I'd hate to see your idea of a burial then.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I don't think a buriel is just losing a match. I think its an attempt at having that wrestlers standing lowered. And I'm not sure thats what the wwe is doing here. But we'll see.

Any wrestling company on the planet that could afford Brock would think he's worth it too. Including AEW.
    Thus far the only company I see being dumb asses handing Brock a huge salary for little is WWE. Not Anthem , not Sinclair and well AEW doesn't seem in a rush to get into a Brock sweepstakes to do a WWE act.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Kofi was SQUASHED in that match. I mean its not technically the word buried...but its hard to claim how Kofi wasn't hurt by this silly booking. When he lost a squash match in 10 seconds.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Kofi lost in 7 seconds with no offense to a single move. WWE didn't waste any time introducing a new program for Brock. This is the very definition of burial.

Thus far the only company I see being dumb asses handing Brock a huge salary for little is WWE. Not Anthem , not Sinclair and well AEW doesn't seem in a rush to get into a Brock sweepstakes to do a WWE act.

Kofi was SQUASHED in that match. I mean its not technically the word buried...but its hard to claim how Kofi wasn't hurt by this silly booking. When he lost a squash match in 10 seconds.
    No one is in a rush to sign a guy who is already under contract with the WWE. If he were actually available, and IF they could afford him it would be a different matter. Right now Brock is probably the biggest star in the industry. He won't be hurting for work anytime soon.

No one is in a rush to sign a guy who is already under contract with the WWE. If he were actually available, and IF they could afford him it would be a different matter. Right now Brock is probably the biggest star in the industry. He won't be hurting for work anytime soon.
    Even when his deal comes up to expire I have never heard anyone in a rush to get Brock Lesnar. I have heard people discuss CM Punk and trying to get him. Or AJ Styles or Kenny Omega when WWE and AEW both wanted him in early 2019.

How can Brock be the biggest star in the industry and he barely shows up beyond a couple big shows a year ?

Even when his deal comes up to expire I have never heard anyone in a rush to get Brock Lesnar. I have heard people discuss CM Punk and trying to get him. Or AJ Styles or Kenny Omega when WWE and AEW both wanted him in early 2019.

How can Brock be the biggest star in the industry and he barely shows up beyond a couple big shows a year ?
    You hear people discuss Punk because he's a free agent. Brock isn't. People who are signed potentially fall under contract tampering.

And is there any full time wrestler right now who you would consider a bigger star than Brock Lesnar? I think Roman is probably the closest you get, but I don't think he's frankly at his level either.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-06-2019 at 11:41 AM.

You hear people discuss Punk because he's a free agent. Brock isn't. People who are signed potentially fall under contract tampering.

And is there any full time wrestler right now who you would consider a bigger star than Brock Lesnar? I think Roman is probably the closest you get, but I don't think he's frankly at his level either.
    To list...

Undertaker
    John Cena
    AJ Styles
    HHH
    Kevin Owens
    Seth Rollins

2 of the guys barely work now in HHH and Undertaker. But that is just a list of guys right now. Brock Lesnar isn't some mega star. If he was his act has waned due to the select few dates he shows for due to an over inflated contract the last few years. Notice Goldberg himself barely works now ala Lesnar and I didn't list him because it would be silly to list them as huge impact stars currently.

The WWE could not have Brock Lesnar and not miss a fucking beat. Sorry they could. They wouldn't miss much at all beyond what we have seen for 4-5 years.

And even when people discuss his contract coming up for renewal I didn't see companies scrambling to sign him. I think many of them sit and laugh at Vince for signing this guy and keep giving him a GOD push repeatedly as he just squashed his star he spent months pushing. Yep...I'm sure Cody Rhodes and company are busy like...wow we dodged bullets signing with Vince.

To list...

Undertaker
    John Cena
    AJ Styles
    HHH
    Kevin Owens
    Seth Rollins

2 of the guys barely work now in HHH and Undertaker. But that is just a list of guys right now. Brock Lesnar isn't some mega star. If he was his act has waned due to the select few dates he shows for due to an over inflated contract the last few years. Notice Goldberg himself barely works now ala Lesnar and I didn't list him because it would be silly to list them as huge impact stars currently.

The WWE could not have Brock Lesnar and not miss a fucking beat. Sorry they could. They wouldn't miss much at all beyond what we have seen for 4-5 years.

And even when people discuss his contract coming up for renewal I didn't see companies scrambling to sign him. I think many of them sit and laugh at Vince for signing this guy and keep giving him a GOD push repeatedly as he just squashed his star he spent months pushing. Yep...I'm sure Cody Rhodes and company are busy like...wow we dodged bullets signing with Vince.
    Taker, Cena and Triple H are very arguable points. I'd still out Brock ahead of them as he's still main eventing, but it's debatable.

AJ, Seth, and KO ... Not so much. These are guys who only wrestling fans know. Brock has more mainstream recognition in addition to being a more accomplished wrestler for a longer period.

Could WWE do just fine without Brock? Sure. WWE could lose any wrestler in the lockeroom without really feeling it. Doesn't mean Bocks not the biggest star. Just means WWE is that big at this point.

And if you honestly believe no other wrestling company would be interested in Brock Lesnar, we will have to strongly agree to disagree. That level of star power and credibility can't be manufactured. I'm certain Fox wanted Lesnar both on Smackdown and as champion for that reason.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

To list...

Undertaker
    John Cena
    AJ Styles
    HHH
    Kevin Owens
    Seth Rollins

and brock is a former IWGP champion. and i don't see new japan waiting with baited breath to sign him again. because we all know how that turned out.

brock is only a draw in the WWE because the WWE is the only place he would be a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and brock is a former IWGP champion. and i don't see new japan waiting with baited breath to sign him again. because we all know how that turned out.

brock is only a draw in the WWE because the WWE is the only place he would be a draw.
    If you are a draw in the WWE, you are a draw in wrestling PERIOD. I'm not even talking about the main eventers. WWE mid-card guys can be considered big stars outside the WWE, let alone main eventers. Heck, if we're talking Japan Brock would probably be a draw in Japan purely because he's BIG. The fact that he's a credible athlete and fighter I think actually means MORE over there than it does in the states.