Amazing Member

Would have preferred a regular cage for the type of match they were presenting.

To my it was kinda jarring that they were having this really good "grounded/mma" style match and suddenly they are fighting on top of the cage and Riddle with the dive. It was a really cool and well executed floating bro but it didnt fit with the match, especially when Thatcher ends it almost immediately after with a choke.

Really liked the match but I would have cut the fighting on top. Didnt care for the cage design.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I would like see something like UFC or pro boxing with dial turned up.ROH has the name value for it, but I don't think Marty is capable or willing to book something like that.
    watch josh barnett's bloodsport shows, or old UWFi. it works for mania weekend because you have a town full of hardcore fans but aside from that there's no audience for it. too much real mma easily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    MLW has lots of hidden gems on their roster. How no one have gone after Jacob Fatu and the Von Erich brothers is insanity.
    i've been saying that about fatu for 3yrs now, the von erichs are athletic but pretty god damned bland

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I understood what you wrote.

I was merely saying what I saw.

The homage looked more NWA than NWO to me but wasn't the NWO paint a homage to the NWA, too, in a way?
    i don't think so unless by NWA you mean eazy, dre, cube, ren & yella.

Who wants them when you can have Marco Stunt ,Jimmy Havoc, and Brandon Cutler.
    MLW has their guys that are not as good as marco, cutler, and jimmy(longest reigning PROGRESS world champion) might still work there.

It wasn't a standard cage match. It was a blood sport match. Honestly, that style of match only works when the guys have some sort of legitimate material art or grappling background. A Seth Rollins wouldn't be able to make that style of match work.
    nah, if nick gage can pull it off i'm sure there's other brawlers who can do the same. necro butcher would've been awesome.

I am talking more about the actual cage design.It looked more intimidating and honestly more safe.
    idk man it looked like somebody could easily fall off the top of that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The CW title match was great. And really creative finish. Really sells Drake's "refuse to give up" character. I'm guessing Drake loses when Fantasma reveals that he's been behind the kidnappings all along.

The Mia and Keith segment was funny. Mia feels much more charismatic when she's interacting with Keith. Tegan's cameo was fun to.

Shotzi vs. Raquel was really fun to. And Shotzi has top babyface potential, provided she doesn't cripple herself first.

The women's tag was good, but I really don't like WWE constantly trying to hype up PPV matches, by having the people involve eat losses beforehand. But whatever. Io definitely should win the title now. Well she should anyway, but especially now.

I didn't expect them to mention Hana Kimura. Good on Mauro and NXT for doing that, and RIP Hana, I'm sure Ip appreciated that as well.

Tweener Balor is so cool and Scarlett is incapable of not looking spectacular.

The ME, WOW!! That was a fight. So cool, hopefully they use this concept again. And Thatcher looked like a freaking beast here, push him hard NXT. And Riddle looked great as well, if he is leaving NXT, then he went out like a fighter.

Overall, really good show.
    i'm a big thatcher fan, have been for some time now and these are the type of matches where he shines but to be honest he's not so great at adapting to other styles and not a talker. i do kind of miss the bootleg william regal stuff he used to do way back.

Not really excited for the Cruiserweight tournament finals. The match just doesn't seem like it will be that great. Yeah, Drake has the best "story" of the lot, but he doesn't exactly set the world on fire in the ring (he's great at selling, but not so much the offense). Fantasma did nothing for me the entire tournament. For a final match it just seems "meh."

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, you can also argue a door on a cage doesn't make sense if escape is a win condition.
    They have to get into the cage somehow for the match to even start.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

The design won't make sense to use if escaping the cage is still a win condition.
    I don't want escaping the cage to be an option. The cage needs to be the end of a fued. A clear winner. The cage needs to be earned. The walkway on top is safer for fighting on top and performing top rope dives. It opens up a lot more creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not really excited for the Cruiserweight tournament finals. The match just doesn't seem like it will be that great. Yeah, Drake has the best "story" of the lot, but he doesn't exactly set the world on fire in the ring (he's great at selling, but not so much the offense). Fantasma did nothing for me the entire tournament. For a final match it just seems "meh."

They have to get into the cage somehow for the match to even start.
    Not necessarily . They can raise or lower the cage.

My issue is nore that a door shouldn't be a viable escape option if escape is a win condition. To me thats always been silly.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not necessarily . They can raise or lower the cage.

My issue is nore that a door shouldn't be a viable escape option if escape is a win condition. To me thats always been silly.
    It takes too long. Both guys about to enter into this situation that is supposed to be barbaric would have to get in the ring and just look at each other for 5-10min for the cage to lower and be secured. That's why they always lower/raise the thing during commercial breaks or backstage interviews/promos.

I do agree that the door should not be an option for escape, though. Sometimes wrestlers can do fun things with it (the most recent example I can think of was the Nox/Kai NXT match), but mostly it's more of a problem than it should be.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It takes too long. Both guys about to enter into this situation that is supposed to be barbaric would have to get in the ring and just look at each other for 5-10min for the cage to lower and be secured. That's why they always lower/raise the thing during commercial breaks or backstage interviews/promos.

I do agree that the door should not be an option for escape, though. Sometimes wrestlers can do fun things with it (the most recent example I can think of was the Nox/Kai NXT match), but mostly it's more of a problem than it should be.
    There are a LOT of fun things you can do with the door. And I imagine that's why they keep it around. But inherently, it's still silly.

Astonishing Member

I always assumed the door was there to keep people honest. If I’m Big Show Vs Rey Mysyerio in a cage match, the door is there to prevent Rey from just out running Big Show and escaping the cage in 30 seconds. If you climb and haven’t incapacitated your opponent enough they just can take the door exit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I always assumed the door was there to keep people honest. If I’m Big Show Vs Rey Mysyerio in a cage match, the door is there to prevent Rey from just out running Big Show and escaping the cage in 30 seconds. If you climb and haven’t incapacitated your opponent enough they just can take the door exit.
    That's a good point.

Astonishing Member

Thoughts on the Jeff Hardy storyline?

It might be a little tasteless--but I kinda like it. (He obviously didn't do it)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Thoughts on the Jeff Hardy storyline?

It might be a little tasteless--but I kinda like it. (He obviously didn't do it)
    I don't know how you can do a personal storyline with Jeff without bringing up his **** ups. It doesn't help that he keeps doing it. It's unavoidable.

Extraordinary Member

I missed Smackdown, what happened?

Ultimate Member

Didn't like the Jeff stuff.

Sonya vs. Lacey was a nice hard hitting match and the double count out worked here. I like how physical and aggressive Sonya's matches have been recently. They really feel like fights and clearly she and Lacey aren't done.

Gable actually won, it's a miracle.

Sasha also won, a double miracle. Also that was the best Alexa match that I've seen in awhile. Also good on Sasha for the Hana Kimura tribute as well.

Never thought I'd see a Fast Times at Ridgmont High reference in WWE in 2020. And, it actually worked.

Sheamus vs, DB was very good as well.

All in all, a mostly good show.

Oh the irony in Matt Hardy and his wife Reby finding the Jeff angle tasteless after Matt was almost drowned by the Inner Circle just days after Shad drowned for real.

Incredible Member

Rumor running around that they are looking at Sonya as the possible replacement in BatWoman. Just a rumor mind you.