Kinda wish the finals of the Cruiserweight tournament would be Tozawa and KUSHIDA. This was my first time seeing a lot of these guys as I don't watch 205 Live (except for KUSHIDA from NJPW), but I think Tozawa impressed me the most out of this thing. He showed way more personality and skill than I've ever really seen out of him before this. I think the only guy that impressed me more out of this thing was Tony Nese, but he was out pretty quickly.

I know a lot of people are pulling for Drake, and I admit he has a better story for this whole thing, but as far as what's done in the ring and character-wise, I think there are better choices.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Kinda wish the finals of the Cruiserweight tournament would be Tozawa and KUSHIDA. This was my first time seeing a lot of these guys as I don't watch 205 Live (except for KUSHIDA from NJPW), but I think Tozawa impressed me the most out of this thing. He showed way more personality and skill than I've ever really seen out of him before this. I think the only guy that impressed me more out of this thing was Tony Nese, but he was out pretty quickly.

I know a lot of people are pulling for Drake, and I admit he has a better story for this whole thing, but as far as what's done in the ring and character-wise, I think there are better choices.
    I was really pulling for Kushida vs Tozawa. When is the last time, when we had two japanese wrestlers go at for a championship in a WWE ring.

I wouldn't mind Tozawa and Kushida tagging either.

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Ripley doesn't come across as a heel to me either. And it's not often that I see Rollins get complimented as a face.
    It's not unusual for a "bad @$$" face to have a bit of a heel vibe I suppose... Austin being the best example. But yeah... I think she comes off as a face. She's now cowardly, she's not cheating to win, and she's not hating on the fans or other faces. She's probably not the sweetest person in the world, but in modern day wrestling that's no longer a part of the criteria for being a face.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I was really pulling for Kushida vs Tozawa. When is the last time, when we had two japanese wrestlers go at for a championship in a WWE ring.

I've loved Tozawas work from day one. He's a solid worker, and despite whatever language issues he may or may not have, I do think he does a good job conveying emotion and telling a story. He comes off entertaining and at times funny. I never got a vibe of him being a top star or anything... but I've always found him to be one of the more entertaining guys in 205 live.

Kushidas very very good... though I'm not getting a great sense of his character really. I'm not familiar with his work in Japan, so I'm not sure if there's an actual story behind the Back to the Future cosplay aspects or if he's just a big fan of the franchise. It's lacking a bit of context for me. Still, he's fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Kushidas very very good... though I'm not getting a great sense of his character really. I'm not familiar with his work in Japan, so I'm not sure if there's an actual story behind the Back to the Future cosplay aspects or if he's just a big fan of the franchise. It's lacking a bit of context for me. Still, he's fun to watch.
    He was in a tag team with Alex Shelly in NJPW called the Time Splitters, and after they split he kept the Back to the Future style. It's not really a character thing, just how he looks.

For as long as I've watched him, he's never really had a "character" more than just being that he's good. He was considered the Ace (leader) of the NJPW junior heavyweight division because he won basically every title and tournament that division had, often more than once. One you hit that Ace level, that kinda is your character over there, just like Tanahasi is for the heavyweight division.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

She saved a heel Io from a beating. Io acted like she wanted the smoke instead. She obviously wants revenge on Charlotte. I don't see anything heel yet. If she talks disrespectful to a face then maybe.
    It just seems like she's coming across as very whiny and entitled to many people.

Astonishing Member

Ironically the most "face" one in the NXT 3-way feud is Io--but if there were an NXT audience, they would arguably be cheering for her anyway.

I think they are setting up Charlotte for a fall--in storyline she's over extending herself--they keep reminding us she's on every show and how hard she's working. Wouldn't be surprised to see a storyline where she challenges for the RAW and Smackdown titles too.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ironically the most "face" one in the NXT 3-way feud is Io--but if there were an NXT audience, they would arguably be cheering for her anyway.

I think they are setting up Charlotte for a fall--in storyline she's over extending herself--they keep reminding us she's on every show and how hard she's working. Wouldn't be surprised to see a storyline where she challenges for the RAW and Smackdown titles too.
    Charlotte isn't staying in NXT forever, so I think it's pretty easy to imagine her losing to Rhea. Build Charlotte up as an unbeatable monster to slay for the hero.

Astonishing Member

Charlotte isn't staying in NXT forever, so I think it's pretty easy to imagine her losing to Rhea. Build Charlotte up as an unbeatable monster to slay for the hero.
    I honestly believe that Io should be the one to pin Charlotte. Probably, in a triple threat. Ripley would do most of the damage, and Io would slide in to pin Charlotte.

It frees up Charlotte to go back to Raw and fill Becky spot.

It gives Io the biggest win of her career. Starts a real died with Ripley. Makes the women's division bigger than just Rhea.

Now we have Rhea positioned as someone who can work her way up the NXT roster to earn another shot at Io or go to Raw and beat Charlotte for the Raw women's championship that she will inevitably get in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I feel the opposite. I don't believe Seth in this role and all of it feels incredibly forced. He doesn't handle a candle to when Punk did it. I feel his best role was being a tool of the authority.
    Hes not as good as Punk, but thats a pretty high bar to meet.

I think the gimmick works well enough. More than anything I think it shows his ability to evolve. The Seth Rollins we get is never the same we got 3 years ago. He manages to keep it fresh while staying on top.
    those are the kind of comments that have always made me feel punk was overrated by his fans.
    you might be right though Immortal, the authority **** was so played out by that point i had tuned out so i can't say for sure. still though he may've been doing better work but it was a real shitty role.

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Ripley doesn't come across as a heel to me either. And it's not often that I see Rollins get complimented as a face.
    rollins is easy to get over as a face because he's good in the ring. if they just don't put him on the mic too much he's good to go.

i'd love to see towzawa & owens fka Nightmare Violence Connection reunited. holy **** this match could happen any given night in a WWE ring in 2020

that story should've already happened at mania this year. i mean at this point in charlotte's career winning the rumble again should be enough build considering she was never really broken down.

I honestly believe that Io should be the one to pin Charlotte. Probably, in a triple threat. Ripley would do most of the damage, and Io would slide in to pin Charlotte.

It frees up Charlotte to go back to Raw and fill Becky spot.

It gives Io the biggest win of her career. Starts a real died with Ripley. Makes the women's division bigger than just Rhea.

Now we have Rhea positioned as someone who can work her way up the NXT roster to earn another shot at Io or go to Raw and beat Charlotte for the Raw women's championship that she will inevitably get in a few months.
    I'd think they'd want Rhea to get her win back from Charlotte, but yeah... Io winning works too.

That said, I think in NXT right now there's probably more milage in a face champ than a heel since most of the top females seem to be heels. But NXT isn't as strict as with the face vs heel stuff as the main roster, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

Astonishing Member

I'd think they'd want Rhea to get her win back from Charlotte, but yeah... Io winning works too.

That said, I think in NXT right now there's probably more milage in a face champ than a heel since most of the top females seem to be heels. But NXT isn't as strict as with the face vs heel stuff as the main roster, so I suppose it doesn't matter.
    I don't think a win against Charlotte means much . Ripley lost clean by tap out. Unless, they have Ripley do to Charlotte what Brock did to Cena at Summer Slam. We know that's not going to happen. Ripley beating Charlotte for the Raw Women's title is a big win that pushes Ripley much further. Ripley is much better fit for the Becky Lynch role.

I don't think a win against Charlotte means much . Ripley lost clean by tap out. Unless, they have Ripley do to Charlotte what Brock did to Cena at Summer Slam. We know that's not going to happen. Ripley beating Charlotte for the Raw Women's title is a big win that pushes Ripley much further. Ripley is much better fit for the Becky Lynch role.
    The fact that Charlotte loses to infrequently I think means a win over her means more than a win over any other female in the industry apart from Becky.

That said, I suppose they might want to save that for Rhea being on the main roster. Either way, I'd still say that Rhea being Charlotte is probably the most reasonable outcome. If anyone is going to take the belt off of her and send her packing from NXT it would be her. IMO at least. Though if Io does it, I wouldn't be complaining.

Extraordinary Member

I'm calling Bryan vs AJ as the final match of this intercontinental title tournament

Ultimate Member

Braun vs. Miz and Morrison is fine as a filler feud.

AJ vs. Nakamura was really good, I wish their Mania match had been more like this.

Good physical heel vs. heel match between Bayley and Charlotte, the latter's inconsistent selling aside. And surprise win by Bayley. Charlotte couldn't lose clean though of course.

Sonya pinning Mandy clean was also surprising, but cool. I really want Mandy vs. Sonya in an Extreme Rules Match.

Jeff vs. Daniel Bryan could be really fun. My guess is Sheamus gets involved.

Really good show.