Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No offense to Ziggler, but is the RAW main event talent pool so shallow that Ziggler is getting a PPV WWE title match?

I'm sure the match itself will be pretty good, but geez....
    Ziggles and Drew have history so it should make for nice filler feud.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would listen to the second half of the podcast where he tears a new ******* on the twitter mob that harassed his wife and Bobby Fulton. He's absolutely on point on those people. Honestly, they are no better than the folks that drove Hana Kimura to suicide.
    Yeah, his defense of his wife had me a little teary eyed. In an issue, where it's just one person word against another, you need to show humility. There are real people on both sides of the issue.

Astonishing Member

Ziggles and Drew have history so it should make for nice filler feud.
    I would have preferred Nakamura. Nakamura deserves another singles run. Plus my desire to see the Emperor and Empress to rule the WWE at the same time is strong.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I won't go major detail but Cornette laid down his involvement in OVW and the timeline.

- He admits from 1999 to 2005 he was OVW booker and part owner . He was in charge of the TV and getting prospects to the WWE main roster. That they sent many talents up to the main roster. During all this time and given his relationship with Johnny Ace , no one spoke to him to get rid of him. That if someone did speak up Johnny Ace he would have been fired sooner . Ace had way more power than he did.

- Cornette claims in 2010 he returned to OVW because Danny Davis needed help. The company was in major money problems and while he worked for ROH , he agreed to help write the TV awhile to steer things back. Jim claims there was no contracts then because OVW had lost its farm league deal by this stage. They had maybe 4 guys who could get contracts but given the shape the company was in they couldn't. So he had to write TV around this awhile. This ended once the Sinclair deal was done because he was needed full time in ROH.

- He again helped Danny in 2015 get a Knoxville local TV deal to help. He did a couple shows for him then but that was the end of anything he did for OVW. In 2018 Davis sold the company to Al Snow and retired to Florida.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Wow, Charlotte tapped

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I would have preferred Nakamura. Nakamura deserves another singles run. Plus my desire to see the Emperor and Empress to rule the WWE at the same time is strong.
    He's in a feud for the Smackdown tag titles

Astonishing Member

Charlotte tapped to Asuka!!!!!!!

It's A New Day!
    Yes, It Is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Wow, Charlotte tapped

He's in a feud for the Smackdown tag titles
    I would have saved the Asuka win for or a PPV match ... but nonetheless it was a win Asuka needed.

Astonishing Member

I would listen to the second half of the podcast where he tears a new ******* on the twitter mob that harassed his wife and Bobby Fulton. He's absolutely on point on those people. Honestly, they are no better than the folks that drove Hana Kimura to suicide.
    Screw that. With the outrageous **** he's said including death threats, accusations of grooming and pedophilia, and just plain spewing homophobic and transphobic garbage about a number of wrestlers like Kenny Omega, Nyla Rose, and Sonny Kiss he's got no damned business standing on a soapbox.

Trying to bring up comparisons to Kimura's suicide just further shows what a slimeball he is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Screw that. With the outrageous **** he's said including death threats, accusations of grooming and pedophilia, and just plain spewing homophobic and transphobic garbage about a number of wrestlers like Kenny Omega, Nyla Rose, and Sonny Kiss he's got no damned business standing on a soapbox.

Trying to bring up comparisons to Kimura's suicide just further shows what a slimeball he is.
    Seriously, stop listening to him. How has he not been cancelled already? Regardless of whether or not allegations about him are true, he should already be irrelevant.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is why I didn't go into the graphic stuff and presented the OVW timeline. Also Cornette brings up allegations of him being able to work the Kentucky athletic commission guy which he called nonsense. Since the guy would be in huge legal trouble himself for even doing something like this. That he can get him to vouch for him , that none of this happened. As he joked he would literally while running OVW beg the guy to hold off testing a guy til after a match or waiting so he can renew his license after it. Each time the guy would tell him he couldn't. So he's suddenly gonna do this ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like it's Sasha vs Asuka at Extreme Rules

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Looks like it's Sasha vs Asuka at Extreme Rules
    Yes!! I actually think their first match is Asuka's best match in WWE. Sasha is being booked ridiculously strong the past month so there's a chance she wins this. (Or the "is there where Bayley sabotages Sasha to prevent her from also winning two belts")

The comparisons to Kimura are apt here as the mob can't hurt Jim directly so they attacking people closest to him to do it. Where's the justice in harassing a 60 year old cancer patient? These are people living in glass houses wanting to throw stones. Main source of the accusations is shaky at best. He was in OVW in 2017 when Jim was long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Seriously, stop listening to him. How has he not been cancelled already? Regardless of whether or not allegations about him are true, he should already be irrelevant.
    He hasn't been cancelled because he hasn't worked full time at any company since 2012 and his main source of money is his podcast and website to sell collectibles. He's an full ownership of his platforms. There's nothing they can do unless he himself wants to stop.

Astonishing Member

He hasn't been cancelled because he hasn't worked full time at any company since 2012 and his main source of money is his podcast and website to sell collectibles. He's an full ownership of his platforms. There's nothing they can do unless he himself wants to stop.
    Well if no one listened to his podcast or bought stuff of his website, he wouldn't make any money...