Page 1246 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2467461146119612361242124312441245124612471248124912501256 ... LastLast
Results 18,676 to 18,690 of 19298

People do want our lives back, so if for two or three hours, we can pretend that the corona virus doesn't exist, by watching RAW or Smackdown, we'll do it gladly. And then, we go back to wearing our masks when we go outside and crossing the road when we see another person, especially if it's someone we don't know.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

AEW has signed Serena Deeb. Good move imo. They need veteran women who can go on TV now, and can of course work with the younger/greener women. So this is a good pick up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    AEW has signed Serena Deeb. Good move imo. They need veteran women who can go on TV now, and can of course work with the younger/greener women. So this is a good pick up.
    I'd sign Sarah Stock too while I'm at it. Not only can they still go, they know how to teach and can work with the new girls. They can't bring in outside people to fight Shida forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Especially on the women's side of things, AEW really should hire any former WWE talent ... even just the nxt ones.

Still a bit surprised Emma never made it to AEW.

Astonishing Member

I am perfectly okay with the WWE not talking about Covid. It's a tv show that operates in its own reality.

Mighty Member

Lol, yeah who's ever heard of using current politics in a wrestling angle?
    And how well has it worked?

More importantly, the curtain dropped years ago. There is no need for wrestling angles to draw inspiration from the talents' lives.

Yes, there were chances to use the pandemic for humor. But, then fans would have complained about it being "ridiculous", and it might have drawn heat from advertisers.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

More importantly, the curtain dropped years ago. There is no need for wrestling angles to draw inspiration from the talents' lives.
    Sometimes the talents lives or backstage ongoing are more interesting than the actual product.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sometimes the talents lives or backstage ongoing are more interesting than the actual product.
    Like GLOW, the Hardy angle, the other Hardy angle, etc.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

after months since her debut on raw , they finally made a promo for bianca. guess she's about to re-debut again

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

That would have been funny.

But, I cannot blame WWE for wanting to stay away from it. The pandemic has become overly politicized, on top of simply being intrusive. WWE is probably banking that people want their lives back.

And, using the pandemic in an angle (especially an angle about a feckless heel dodging work) might draw the ire of frothing activists. Those frothing activists have time on their hands, and might be able to convince USA or Fox to punish WWE.

The current state of the product is because of poor creative decisions that precede the current problem(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Lol, yeah who's ever heard of using current politics in a wrestling angle?

Yes, there were chances to use the pandemic for humor. But, then fans would have complained about it being "ridiculous", and it might have drawn heat from advertisers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Everyone knows Sami stayed home due to Lockdown , he's a heel and likely would have been ok with this really. Since it would be a comedic take on a bad guy just milking the system til he's forced to return. I mean for **** sakes we already have Vince running a stable on TV that is echoing our times in tasteless ways . A guy in a mask beating up his mail man and neighbors in comical ways to claim he keeps defending the belt during lockdown would be a tad bit better.

"I am like Goldberg right now...I am like at 200-0 title defense wise. Sometimes I'm even having 2-3 wrestling matches a day.." (Then we flash to heel Sami making a kid tap out in a submission ..."Say it , say I quit and Mr. Zayn you are the GREATEST IC CHAMPION !"

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So Bane is in Retribution lol. Who are the 3 main guys again? P.S. The Randy Orton **** is getting old.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    So Bane is in Retribution lol. Who are the 3 main guys again? P.S. The Randy Orton **** is getting old.
    Dominik Dijakovic, Dio Maddin, Shane Thorne. I like them all in NXT, but so far this gimmick is baaaaad.

Incredible Member

retribution with the stupid names, rejects from the mad max movies, t-bar , slapjack and mace. dio maddin must have gotten concused after the brock lesnar beating , shouldn't he be seeking retribution against him,

Ultimate Member

This was the Raw of, iffy decisions.

The Retribution stuff just isn't interesting and makes little sense.

THREE DQ finishes in one show, yikes.

I like Andrade and Garza, and I like Street Profits. But this match AGAIN, come on WWE? It doesn't even make sense for the former to be still together without Zelina.

Speaking of Zelina, I like her and I don't have an issue with her wrestling more. But she looked rough tonight. And it shows you how little WWE thinks of this match that it's already been put on the pre-show, and Asuka deserves better than that.

Also they continue to disrespect Mickie, and you have Bianca who has been on the MR for like SIX MONTHS and yet spent most of that time on Main Event because, inexplicably, they cannot find anything consistent for her on Raw. And Shayna is stuck in tag action for some reason as well?

Hell judging by tonight, even Asuka vs. Peyton would be a better option.

Keith Lee, look I get what WWE is trying to do here. They want to protect him, but ultimately the story is still Drew vs. Randy, and doing non-finishes CAN work if done strategically. But they've already done like five of these with Keith since he came to Raw and, it's getting tedious. If you don't want either guy to lose, don't book the match to begin with. And if you want to still do Randy vs. Drew, that's completely fine. But then give Keith something else to do with someone else where he can get decisive wins and then do the main event with him later.

This trying to have it both ways booking with him is losing it's effectiveness by the week.

I'm actually kind of interested in the Aliyah stuff.

Ultimate Member

Retribution is lame.

I don't see the point of it at all.