Page 810 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 310710760800806807808809810811812813814820860910 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Kenny Omega went 30 minutes against Joey Janela on AEW Dark. Just...why?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Because AEW is less than a year old as an organization and needs to maximize every opportunity it gets to generate buzz and distinguish itself as a brand name in wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Because AEW is less than a year old as an organization and needs to maximize every opportunity it gets to generate buzz and distinguish itself as a brand name in wrestling.
    One of their main-event guys went 30 minutes against a jobber. This doesn't make anyone look good and it's egregious. Kenny doesn't need to make every match an epic. He should have killed in sub 5 minute match.

I personally don't mind that sort of thing if the actual match is good (I didn't see it, but I'm assuming it was).

But as I said earlier, from a booking perspective I can understand people like Cornette being critical of having longer matches just for the sake of longer matches. If there's no build up, and if the stars aren't necessarily on the same level then it arguably isn't worth giving it that much time unless there's as plan to build up one or both guys. If it's just putting out a good match purely for the sake of putting out a good match, then logistically it might be smarter to go shorter even if it hurts match quality.

Though again, I personally don't mind that sort of thing.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

maybe he wanted to wrestle the guy. i mean, it was non sanctioned so the match won't affect either of their records.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    time for some AEW dark.

you're welcome
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-15-2019 at 11:47 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I personally don't mind that sort of thing if the actual match is good (I didn't see it, but I'm assuming it was).

But as I said earlier, from a booking perspective I can understand people like Cornette being critical of having longer matches just for the sake of longer matches. If there's no build up, and if the stars aren't necessarily on the same level then it arguably isn't worth giving it that much time unless there's as plan to build up one or both guys. If it's just putting out a good match purely for the sake of putting out a good match, then logistically it might be smarter to go shorter even if it hurts match quality.

It's Jelly Janela. It's impossible for the match to be good. A match running long won't make it good. I don't know why anyone thinks that.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i enjoyed it. probably the best JJ match i've seen. then again, i haven't seen many of his match outside of AEW.

It's Jelly Janela. It's impossible for the match to be good. A match running long won't make it good. I don't know why anyone thinks that.
    Again, I didin't watch the match so I can't really judge. I'm certainly not a fan of Janela, and if even Kenny can't get a good match out of him then giving it half an hour probably was a waste of time which could have been better spent on someone else. Even if the match was good, it's not going to do Kenny any favors. Though I'm at least assuming Kenny won the match.... something he's not doing a whole lot of in AEW.

Astonishing Member

A long match does not equal a good match. I don't want to see Seth Rollins and Otis have a 30 minute match.

God, NWA Power is such a breath of fresh air. A simple formula. Have a promo to make care, then have a well paced match with a clear winner.

Cornette does the heavy lifting by actually having an opinion about the performers while still pushing both of them.

Again, I didin't watch the match so I can't really judge. I'm certainly not a fan of Janela, and if even Kenny can't get a good match out of him then giving it half an hour probably was a waste of time which could have been better spent on someone else. Even if the match was good, it's not going to do Kenny any favors. Though I'm at least assuming Kenny won the match.... something he's not doing a whole lot of in AEW.
    Would you want for Seth Rollins to go 30 minutes against Curt Hawkins because that's essentially what that match was. Kenny won but since the match was "unsanctioned" it won't count in the record.

Renee Young has been unleashed now that she's hosting a show outside of WWE control
    https://twitter.com/wweonfox/status/...905408006?s=21

Royal, if you still lurking what do you think of this news?
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-r...for-nxt-japan/

WWE tried to buy Noah to turn it into NXT Japan.

Royal, if you still lurking what do you think of this news?
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-r...for-nxt-japan/

WWE tried to buy Noah to turn it into NXT Japan.
    Not Royal but ... Meiko Satomura and Daisuke Sekimoto were rumored as negotiating to become trainers for WWE around the time KENTA was coming in to NXT. So, I bet that was the timeframe they begun talks with NOAH and they probably got heated up around the time KENTA had his match with Naomichi Marufuji (crowd was lit for KENTA).

I hope it never happens because the Global Honored Crown is a neat system for titles. I'd hate to see it go.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-16-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Would you want for Seth Rollins to go 30 minutes against Curt Hawkins because that's essentially what that match was. Kenny won but since the match was "unsanctioned" it won't count in the record.
    Again, I personally wouldn't mind it because I do think it would be a descent to good match IF they allow Hawkins to actually work. But I understand the criticism. There's a perception that Seth would be devalued by showing he has difficulty with a curtain jerker.