Page 695 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1955956456856916926936946956966976986997057457951195 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Trish being back would be a big deal, because she's a legend and legends returning are a big deal. Again, it's a match that may happen once.
    i said "not such a big deal" there's a difference.

Conversely we've seen Nattia and Becky feud before, and in theory we can see them again on any given RAW, Smackdown, or house show. It's tough to make that a big deal, even if Nattie is in Canada. Which isn't to say it couldn't be a bigger deal than it currently is... I just don't think it would be as big a deal as Trish.
    becky now isn't the same as becky in 2016, and again they could've been building to this match since mania.

1)a top star
    2)a hart family member in canada
    3)feud built all summer
    4)blowoff stip title(the title that main evented mania) match
    5)2nd biggest show of the year

no reason it should be overshadowed by a 1 off with little to no build or history to it.

i heard fantasma signed with WWE/NXT, man i hope he keeps a mask. would be sweet if they gave him something similar to his lucha underground king cuerno gimmick.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i said "not such a big deal" there's a difference.

becky now isn't the same as becky in 2016, and again they could've been building to this match since mania.

1)a top star
    3)feud built all summer

no reason it should be overshadowed by a 1 off with little to no build or history to it.

i heard fantasma signed with WWE/NXT, man i hope he keeps a mask. would be sweet if they gave him something similar to his lucha underground king cuerno gimmick.
    not to mention, the connection between nattie and ronny. it would easier for them to book it as nattie wanting payback for her friend losing her title.

but you are right. a non-title match like charlotte/trish that has almost no build shouldn't be booked higher than a title match between a active wrestler in her home country vs. the biggest female wrestler in the company.

BANNED

1)a top star
    3)feud built all summer
    Becky vs Natty at Summerslam is a terrible idea and a boring one at that.

Ultimate Member

It's Charlotte vs. Trish, guarantee it goes on after both title matches. Vince has shown over and over and over again that he will put his "special attraction matches" or matches featuring his favorites, over other matches even if it makes no sense. I mean for example a meaningless match between Roman and Samoa Joe main evented Backlash over the WWE title match featuring AJ Styles, JUST because Roman was in it.

And yeah while they're TRYING to make Becky vs. Nattie interesting, it just feels so, meh, for their second biggest show of the year. Mostly because "meh" describes Nattie pretty well overall.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not to mention, the connection between nattie and ronny. it would easier for them to book it as nattie wanting payback for her friend losing her title.

but you are right. a non-title match like charlotte/trish that has almost no build shouldn't be booked higher than a title match between a active wrestler in her home country vs. the biggest female wrestler in the company.
    I think a payback angle would make Nattie come off whiney, because Ronda lost relatively clean to Becky. Ronda herself isn't interested in a rematch, so it would be Nattie making a stink about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's Charlotte vs. Trish, guarantee it goes on after both title matches. Vince has shown over and over and over again that he will put his "special attraction matches" or matches featuring his favorites, over other matches even if it makes no sense. I mean for example a meaningless match between Roman and Samoa Joe main evented Backlash over the WWE title match featuring AJ Styles, JUST because Roman was in it.

And yeah while they're TRYING to make Becky vs. Nattie interesting, it just feels so, meh, for their second biggest show of the year. Mostly because "meh" describes Nattie pretty well overall.
    Nattie being "meh" is maybe part of the problem, as far as their match not necessarily being as hype as the Trish/Charlotte match. Nattie is solid all around, but she's not necessarily quite as dynamic as the other 3 women in the conversation. In Canada that won't be an issue because I'm sure she'll be super over during the actual show. But as far as the build up to Summerslam, I usually don't expect Nattie to be one of the scene stealers of the show. Not that the segments with Nattie and Becky haven't been perfectly fine... but the one segment we had with Charlotte and Trish was probably better.

Ultimate Member

Nattis is just not that charismatic. I mean she has her moments sure, but overall she comes across as pretty bland. Also she's been in WWE so long and her character has barely changed that people kind of know already what they're getting with her.

Honestly this being in Canada is probably THE big reason why they're going with Nattie because she often gets mini-pushes when they run PPV's in Canada, for obvious reasons.

Becky is doing her best to try and elevate this though, I'll give her credit for that.

Astonishing Member

G1 CLIMAX 29 night 13
    fun spoilers:
    SANADA beat Okada
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-03-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

They'd have been better off running Naomi or Carmella against Becky rather than throwing Nattie out there when no one really cares about her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

i think i'd go the other way with it and say natalya is pissed that people & becky looked at her as ronda's sidekick rather than her equal, claim she's not just ronda's equal but better and will prove it by beating becky where ronda failed.

people sayin natalya is meh or whatever should realize most of the division is meh because they don't get ****. natalya is honestly damamged goods at this point. not only has she not been given anything good she's endured some horrible stuff. never forget the farting gimmick.

people would be more into natalya if she was new to the company, most of the fans she had have lost hope by this point.

Ultimate Member

Nah most people I talk to find her "meh" even when she is champion. She's just, not that interesting or charismatic and she never has been. She's the textbook definition of "eh."

The ONLY reason she's even in this spot I suspect is because she's a Hart and the show's in Canada. Also it just shows how Raw DESPERATELY needs more talent for that division, it's SUPER-thin right now.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

They have talent in the division, they just chose to push Nattie over them because Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    They have talent in the division, they just chose to push Nattie over them because Canada.
    Certainly being in Canada was probably the deciding factor in putting her in the ring with Becky.

But that aside, they know Nattie can give a solid match with Becky. It likely won't be a moty candidate, but it likely won't stink up the joint either. She's an OKAY choice. It's not terribly exciting, but it won't suck either.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Nah most people I talk to find her "meh" even when she is champion. She's just, not that interesting or charismatic and she never has been. She's the textbook definition of "eh."

The ONLY reason she's even in this spot I suspect is because she's a Hart and the show's in Canada. Also it just shows how Raw DESPERATELY needs more talent for that division, it's SUPER-thin right now.
    Aside from her last name, I do think she's a veteran and good company person that pretty much everyone likes and respects. And I think in the companies eyes, that justifies the occasional push even if we're probably past the point where she's ever going to be a top person. She's sort of like Kane... she can be put in a main event in a pinch if need be and it works okay. In the least she's solid, and well liked and respected enough.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i think i'd go the other way with it and say natalya is pissed that people & becky looked at her as ronda's sidekick rather than her equal, claim she's not just ronda's equal but better and will prove it by beating becky where ronda failed.

people sayin natalya is meh or whatever should realize most of the division is meh because they don't get ****. natalya is honestly damamged goods at this point. not only has she not been given anything good she's endured some horrible stuff. never forget the farting gimmick.

people would be more into natalya if she was new to the company, most of the fans she had have lost hope by this point.
    either way would be better.

but yeah. hard to buy nattie as a contender at this point.