Page 1208 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 20870811081158119812041205120612071208120912101211121212181258 ... LastLast
Results 18,106 to 18,120 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Well, wrestling seems to thrive on pandering to nostalgic older fans. But yes, I agree that while the nods to the past are nice, the new generation should be allowed to shine on their own without being stuck in the shadows of stars of the 80s and 90s.
    Evolution was the Horsemen . They were booked strong and everyone got over.
    MJF
    Page
    FTR
    Are all at the top of their game, adopting the horsemen mantle just add to them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I groaned when Dream appeared followed by a "They better not let him win"

Honestly I would be fine if they just let Dream go. I know ppl handle things differently but with those type of allegations damn going silent. I'd be declaring my innocence all day every day.
    What if they investigated and he was innocent? You can't let him go then. I dunno, the fact that he's on TV seems to me that he's been cleared.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Spoilers for next week Saturday Dynamite are out in the wild. Two notable spoilers are

spoilers:
    Erick Rowan made his AEW debut to help Brodie Lee win the TNT title. Bludgeon Bros together again.

NWA women champ Thunder Rosa appeared to challenge Shida for the women's title at All Out.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The AEW women's division doesn't have the stars to cover for bad creative. Other than Brit , there is no one doing anything interesting.
    true. it takes time to make stars though, brit didn't happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Well, wrestling seems to thrive on pandering to nostalgic older fans. But yes, I agree that while the nods to the past are nice, the new generation should be allowed to shine on their own without being stuck in the shadows of stars of the 80s and 90s.
    i think it would be cool to see an old vs new thing happen with the women, bring in lufisto & cheerleader melissa as bitter vets who never got their due. would be good for them to work with some of the less xperienced ladies and also gauge who the crowd wants to get behind out of the babyfaces(when crowds come back).

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Evolution was the Horsemen . They were booked strong and everyone got over.
    MJF
    Page
    FTR
    Are all at the top of their game, adopting the horsemen mantle just add to them.
    page is super over as a babyface like they wanted him to be from the start, why waste that for the 500th rehash of the horsemen??

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    What if they investigated and he was innocent? You can't let him go then. I dunno, the fact that he's on TV seems to me that he's been cleared.
    WWE covered for Moolah for decades. They'll ignore it if there's money to be made.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    WWE covered for Moolah for decades. They'll ignore it if there's money to be made.
    WWE has let people go for violations of this nature though, so I do think Dream would be gone if they investigated this and found anything. As good as Dream is, he's probably not someone WWE would really be hurt by if he were let go. Nor is he someone they would be afraiid AEW would take if they let him go, given the nature of the allegations. Impact might, because IMpact will take anyone.

So while we obviously don't know for sure, if he's back on TV I think it's fair to assume they tried to investigate the matter and didn't find anything. But we'll see. If WWE starts getting a lot of heat over Dream, they might just let him go anyways. Again, I don't think he's such a valuable talent that it would be worth the backlash.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    WWE has let people go for violations of this nature though, so I do think Dream would be gone if they investigated this and found anything. As good as Dream is, he's probably not someone WWE would really be hurt by if he were let go. Nor is he someone they would be afraiid AEW would take if they let him go, given the nature of the allegations. Impact might, because IMpact will take anyone.

So while we obviously don't know for sure, if he's back on TV I think it's fair to assume they tried to investigate the matter and didn't find anything. But we'll see. If WWE starts getting a lot of heat over Dream, they might just let him go anyways. Again, I don't think he's such a valuable talent that it would be worth the backlash.
    I don't think it's a fair assumption, given how WWE has acted in the past.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, you can't hide/ignore this stuff like you could back then. WWE's a publicly-traded company now and they would stand to lose a lot of money trying to cover up for a non-draw like Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I don't think it's a fair assumption, given how WWE has acted in the past.
    That's my point though. WWE has already released at least 3 guys due to the speaking out movement. Granted they were all probably not as big a star as Dream, but it's not like Dream is freaking John Cena here. He could be let go without NXT really missing a beat.

Astonishing Member

That's my point though. WWE has already released at least 3 guys due to the speaking out movement. Granted they were all probably not as big a star as Dream, but it's not like Dream is freaking John Cena here. He could be let go without NXT really missing a beat.
    Exactly. There is no reason to cover for the guy. Quite frankly, cutting him and bringing him back in a year would be the best cover, if they truly had seen some legitimacy in the allegations.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    true. it takes time to make stars though, brit didn't happen overnight.

i think it would be cool to see an old vs new thing happen with the women, bring in lufisto & cheerleader melissa as bitter vets who never got their due. would be good for them to work with some of the less xperienced ladies and also gauge who the crowd wants to get behind out of the babyfaces(when crowds come back).

page is super over as a babyface like they wanted him to be from the start, why waste that for the 500th rehash of the horsemen??
    I really don't see the Horsemen in AEW as pure heels. They should be. But FTR has not been handled as heels. I find the Young Bucks to be kind of unlikable. Page had a heel storyline at first, but honestly, it's the rest of the Elite that look more jerky.

AEW Horsemen at best would be cool heels. Sadly, we have way too many wrestlers trying to be cool heels.

AEW released Jimmy Havoc, Bea Priestley, and Sadie Gibbs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No loss in Havoc. Never was a fan. Kip and Sammy would be a much better team.

If you don't use your women properly than the lost of them doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Just as well. Obviously none of the UK people can travel here to work. And you can probably rehire them back later.

Just as well. Obviously none of the UK people can travel here to work. And you can probably rehire them back later.
    Havoc is likely to stay fired being one of the many wrestlers implicated by the speaking out movement.