Page 842 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 342742792832838839840841842843844845846852892942 ... LastLast
Results 12,616 to 12,630 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I can see why... especaily given we're talking about a real life couple. And cheating angles involving married couple historically don't work out well in real life.

That said, because it was so over the top I actually found it kinda funny. Lana and Lashley making out literally standing over Rusev after they low blowed him (must be a signature move for those Bellator guys), becauase of how messed up it was, made me laguh. But I get it's not for everyone... which is part of the reason I was a little surprised that was the main event. I would have thought Seth and Rowan would have been. I'm guessing those Lana segments are getting good ratings if they closed a RAW go home show with that.
    I was shocked that it was the last segment.

Lana calling Rusev a sex addict is only going to get him more support from the fans. Lashley is so punchable right now. He is a pure heel not a cool heel.

I don't get the push back. They are adults. They agreed to do it.They are acting, and married actors have love scenes with other people all the time. If they break up, it's because they wanted to.

I left you because of a storyline is ridiculous.

I would never agree to something like that, but I am not them, and have no right judge them or their relationship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I was shocked that it was the last segment.

Lana calling Rusev a sex addict is only going to get him more support from the fans. Lashley is so punchable right now. He is a pure heel not a cool heel.

I don't get the push back. They are adults. They agreed to do it.They are acting, and married actors have love scenes with other people all the time. If they break up, it's because they wanted to.

I left you because of a storyline is ridiculous.

I would never agree to something like that, but I am not them, and have no right judge them or their relationship.
    If you really don't get why people are objecting to Vince and Heyman working out their cuckold fetish via wrestling storylines...well I don't know what else to say.

Astonishing Member

I can see why... especaily given we're talking about a real life couple. And cheating angles involving married couple historically don't work out well in real life.
    As others have said, it's different now. WWE isn't requiring couples to have kayfabe on the road, so Lana/Rusev are still travelling together, Lana posts the occassional instagram photo of both of them still married, etc.

The last segment was one of those "so bad it's good" segments, I love soap opera in wrestling and this was reminiscent of one of those silly Attitude Era storylines. It's up there with Kane/Lita/Snitsky. And guess what? Rusev is over, again. Lashley has more heel heat than he's ever gotten in WWE.

WWE having it's latest signee totally skip NXT (like the old days) goes give credence to the rumor that NXT is now over bloated (and unhappy) and they don't really have room anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    As others have said, it's different now. WWE isn't requiring couples to have kayfabe on the road, so Lana/Rusev are still travelling together, Lana posts the occassional instagram photo of both of them still married, etc.

The last segment was one of those "so bad it's good" segments, I love soap opera in wrestling and this was reminiscent of one of those silly Attitude Era storylines. It's up there with Kane/Lita/Snitsky. And guess what? Rusev is over, again. Lashley has more heel heat than he's ever gotten in WWE.

WWE having it's latest signee totally skip NXT (like the old days) goes give credence to the rumor that NXT is now over bloated (and unhappy) and they don't really have room anymore.
    Yeah, I think for me at least this definately fell into the "it's so bad it's good" category.

Rusev is frankly a terrible actor... I don't know if it's intentional or if he's just bad, but his delivery is terrible. But I think that actually makes the whole thing funnier in a weird way. It's like a really really bad B rate movie. I think it actually feels less offensive (at least to me) because it's so over the top cheesy and fake.

And if nothing else, I do think this was a good chance for Bobby to really show some descent promo work. It was never his strong point, but I think we're seeing his best work in the WWE in this angle.

Allegedly one reason they want nxt japan is to send a bunch of talent there for excursions

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have no problem with cheating angles if done once with a couple and it helps someone get heel heat as its done for Lashley. Plus if its done so over the top silly it works perfect as Heyman has made the angle (making out over Rusev is funny to hear). Plus the whole sex addict line.

One of my favorite couples storylines was the angle ran with Kurt Angle/Jeff Jarrett in TNA. People would post here how disgusted they were by this etc. But what many did realize was , the people involved all had fun with the angle. Kurt had moved on clearly and had no problems doing it. Jeff and Karen was having good heel fun . Even the kids all would show up. One of my favorite segments was where Jeff and family is at dinner tabel and he's supposed to be in pure evil heel mode. The youngest kid is close so he leans over n winks at him to show , "This is for fun..were doing this for fun."

There was so many comical moments with Jeff during this. When he believed he was a MMA star was my all-time favorite.

It was a funny , silly angle and things like this should never leave the business. If everyone is fine with it like the Angle/Jarrett one ..then it should be ok.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

That last segment was embarrassingly bad. I have never understood Rusev's booking TBH. The guy has all the tools go be a top guy in the company, but instead WWE would rather keep doing stupid crap like this with him instead.

It's baffling, and a tremendous waste of potential.

Word going around is that a Japanese fed has agreed to serve as nxt japan. not clear who it is yet

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That last segment was embarrassingly bad. I have never understood Rusev's booking TBH. The guy has all the tools go be a top guy in the company, but instead WWE would rather keep doing stupid crap like this with him instead.

It's baffling, and a tremendous waste of potential.
    They gave him the main event slot in a segment clearly designed to get him over.

It's much better than than when he was the faceless Bulgarian Brute who wasn't allowed to talk. At least he gets to be in campy segments that will hopefully show his personality more in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    If you really don't get why people are objecting to Vince and Heyman working out their cuckold fetish via wrestling storylines...well I don't know what else to say.
    Do you react this way to all tv shows. I don't get the cuckold stuff.... Not my bag, but cheating couples has been a wrestling , drama, and soap opera staple for years.

Edge had several cheating storylines with one real life with Lita. I don't remember the moral outrage.

Dreamer/Beaulah/Raven is a classic.

Lesnar beats the living hell out of Rey Mysterio son in front of Rey is okay with you, but a fake affair is pushing the line.

Come on.

Astonishing Member

Thank you. It's a storyline doing its job. No one winning an Emmy for acting though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Do you react this way to all tv shows. I don't get the cuckold stuff.... Not my bag, but cheating couples has been a wrestling , drama, and soap opera staple for years.

Edge had several cheating storylines with one real life with Lita. I don't remember the moral outrage.

Dreamer/Beaulah/Raven is a classic.

Lesnar beats the living hell out of Rey Mysterio son in front of Rey is okay with you, but a fake affair is pushing the line.

Come on.
    I watch wrestling for wrestling, not this Russo-esque trash.

Take your 'moral outrage' angle and shove it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. i have never liked these kinds of angles, especially with real life couples.

plus, rusev is so damn talented. this is a total waste, regardless of how it's supposed to get him over. it didn't work the last two times. it's not gonna work now.

Rusev was fucked as a monster character type in 2014/2015 when they decided they wanted him to be beaten like some version of Drago by Cena. It wasn't gonna get better for him. I remember seeing that and knowing Rusev would never really get to that height again due to WWE.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Someone who I haven't seen for a few years is Ryback. Anyhow a reason we haven't seen him wrestling at all is what he claims happened at the end of his WWE run. He had turned down a $500,000+ a year downside guarantee but as he claims health wise he had to do it.

From what I have seen on 2 podcast shoots Ryback claims he was hurting in his back and shoulder. As he thought he needed time off to heal his body then. Anyhow things got worse as he'd wake up in bad shape with his back and he went to have a MRI done. He was scared of course as they told him his discs in his back all needed disc fusion surgery. Also his shoulder needed surgery as well.

This after fixing his nose and ear as he claims. That due to busted noses and a ruptured ear drum early in WWE run he couldn't hear right out of one ear. So someone told him to go see a Doctor in Vegas who did work with stem cells. He would go and the doctor would start stem cell procedures on his back and shoulder. He's had 2-3 years worth of them done and has 2-3 more left to finish. But as he told he's 80% health wise and wants to return to wrestling at some point.