Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i always thought he was decent in the ring, i didn't even realize he was signed with WWE until like 3 months ago.
    When he was Gunner in TNA, I saw the upside.But he was NXT for awhile with no real single run.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-07-2020 at 12:19 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in listening to some of Jim Cornette's latest podcast on the Revival and its crazy at what was going on behind the scenes...

- The Revival guys were getting praised by everyone on NXT and how great their matches was. Jim Cornette even has heard the praise and they bring up how everyone was high on them from going from NXT to main roster.

- They hit a thud with Vince McMahon. That they would be working and producers would tell them how great they were and how to keep working at it. But they couldn't get Vince to push them due to how he viewed them. Cornette admits that fans started to turn them face because of how they were being treated and compared it to Midnight Express in WCW when they were turned by fans because people were tired of seeing them lose. Even when they turned heel.

- Finally in a moment that is supreme comedy after what many thought was a great tag team match against New Day where they did an old school type tag match ; all of them come to the back. They are all happy because fans bought into it and a few praised them for it. Then up walks Vince who tell Revival guys they are gonna be like Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard. Which the Revival are like HOLY **** that is some awesome praise. Were like those guys ? One of the greatest tag team wrestlers who ever worked and drew money all over the world ?

- Its then they realize Vince is using it to diss them. That he doesn't mean it as a compliment and even Jim Cornette is like WTF ? Its the most absurd thing all of them agree on , Vince McMahon trashes one of the greatest tag teams and compares the Revival to them.

(People in comments post that Jim should just show up with Revival and become their heel manager in AEW really and given his praise of them...he should)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So in listening to some of Jim Cornette's latest podcast on the Revival and its crazy at what was going on behind the scenes...

- The Revival guys were getting praised by everyone on NXT and how great their matches was. Jim Cornette even has heard the praise and they bring up how everyone was high on them from going from NXT to main roster.

- They hit a thud with Vince McMahon. That they would be working and producers would tell them how great they were and how to keep working at it. But they couldn't get Vince to push them due to how he viewed them. Cornette admits that fans started to turn them face because of how they were being treated and compared it to Midnight Express in WCW when they were turned by fans because people were tired of seeing them lose. Even when they turned heel.

- Finally in a moment that is supreme comedy after what many thought was a great tag team match against New Day where they did an old school type tag match ; all of them come to the back. They are all happy because fans bought into it and a few praised them for it. Then up walks Vince who tell Revival guys they are gonna be like Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard. Which the Revival are like HOLY **** that is some awesome praise. Were like those guys ? One of the greatest tag team wrestlers who ever worked and drew money all over the world ?

- Its then they realize Vince is using it to diss them. That he doesn't mean it as a compliment and even Jim Cornette is like WTF ? Its the most absurd thing all of them agree on , Vince McMahon trashes one of the greatest tag teams and compares the Revival to them.

(People in comments post that Jim should just show up with Revival and become their heel manager in AEW really and given his praise of them...he should)
    There's a lot of interesting things that came from that podcast. Jim asked them how many guys in the current roster are aware of the guys of his generation and Scott Dawson answered it by telling him a story.

He told a story about how Ricky Morton was brought in to be a guest trainer at the PC. Ricky was standing in the middle of the Ring and no one wanted to talk to him. Even the tag guys didn't seem interested in Ricky Morton. Revival go up to Albert to ask him what's up and he is as dumbfounded as they are. Albert call in all the trainees to give Dawson the floor to give a speech on the importance of Morton and all his contributions. He was both passionate and pissed as he told this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's a lot of interesting things that came from that podcast. Jim asked them how many guys in the current roster are aware of the guys of his generation and Scott Dawson answered it by telling him a story.

He told a story about how Ricky Morton was brought in to be a guest trainer at the PC. Ricky was standing in the middle of the Ring and no one wanted to talk to him. Even the tag guys didn't seem interested in Ricky Morton. Revival go up to Albert to ask him what's up and he is as dumbfounded as they are. Albert call in all the trainees to give Dawson the floor to give a speech on the importance of Morton and all his contributions. He was both passionate and pissed as he told this story.
    That story about Ricky had me floored. How in the hell can you be a tag wrestler and not wanna pick the brain of Ricky Morton? Hell how can you be a babyface and not talk to the greatest seller of all time? I was shocked and yet not surprised in the slightest.

Its sad but as we get further from that generation its gonna keep happening. Its like the Enzo deal , as one of the Vaudevillian guys brought up in a shoot. They asked Gotch about Enzo and he details a story where Enzo was told a story by a guest at the Performance Center about Manny Fernandez (The Raging Bull). Anyhow 80's wrestler and former partner of Dusty Rhodes. Enzo is stunned and looks at everyone and remarks how he can't believe Kalisto would do something like that. (Kalisto's 1st name is Manny and he thought it was him)

As Gotch claims a few were stunned at this because Enzo claimed his mentor was Dusty Rhodes and had no clue who Manny Fernandez was at all.

A lot of this generation will have no idea who the 80's generation is. They will have grown up on the 90's and 2000's era. Its not wrong since time passes but the WWE needs to instill in these kids...here is the forefathers of the business. Ricky Morton paved the road you travel and "playing Ricky Morton" is considered his deal as a face in peril.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Its sad but as we get further from that generation its gonna keep happening. Its like the Enzo deal , as one of the Vaudevillian guys brought up in a shoot. They asked Gotch about Enzo and he details a story where Enzo was told a story by a guest at the Performance Center about Manny Fernandez (The Raging Bull). Anyhow 80's wrestler and former partner of Dusty Rhodes. Enzo is stunned and looks at everyone and remarks how he can't believe Kalisto would do something like that. (Kalisto's 1st name is Manny and he thought it was him)

As Gotch claims a few were stunned at this because Enzo claimed his mentor was Dusty Rhodes and had no clue who Manny Fernandez was at all.

A lot of this generation will have no idea who the 80's generation is. They will have grown up on the 90's and 2000's era. Its not wrong since time passes but the WWE needs to instill in these kids...here is the forefathers of the business. Ricky Morton paved the road you travel and "playing Ricky Morton" is considered his deal as a face in peril.
    A lot of those guys were still active heading into the early to mid 90s. The modern guys should at least be aware of them even if they didn't get to see them in their prime when they started watching. The way Dawson told the story he framed it as many people in the PC just not being wrestling fans at all. Understandable since the WWE likes to recruit athletic people from all sorts of sports. Not to mention many of those guys current work at WWE as trainers and agents. They should pick the brain of the greats when they are freely available.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-07-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    That story about Ricky had me floored. How in the hell can you be a tag wrestler and not wanna pick the brain of Ricky Morton? Hell how can you be a babyface and not talk to the greatest seller of all time? I was shocked and yet not surprised in the slightest.
    There are a couple older wrestlers I can buy newer guys not caring about. But the Rock n Roll Express surpises me. It wasn't that long ago they were inducted in the Hall of fame. And they do still wrestle.

Amazing Member

Anyone else having trouble with the network?? I cant open it in my phone or xbox.

Astonishing Member

A lot of those guys were still active heading into the early to mid 90s. The modern guys should at least be aware of them even if they didn't get to see them in their prime when they started watching. The way Dawson told the story he framed it as many people in the PC just not being wrestling fans at all. Understandable since the WWE likes to recruit athletic people from all sorts of sports. Not to mention many of those guys current work at WWE as trainers and agents. They should pick the brain of the greats when they are freely available.
    Big E said he wasn't a big fan coming, but he later grew into a wrestling nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with the network?? I cant open it in my phone or xbox.
    Its working on PS4.... I'm watching the company rewrite some history as we get a 24/7 Documentary on Ric Flair's final WWE Match at Wrestlemania 24. Its clear as we heard reports Flair did not want to retire. He still wanted to keep going but was pushed to do that by Vince .

In clips from 2008 you see a set of clips of Flair looking more sad than happy he's being honored in Hall of Fame. With Dusty there giving him a hug and Flair remarking how he loves the business so much. Its basically a man who knew he was told to end it in ring wise and he really didn't want to at that point.

Once Anthem ever decides to sell Impact and Vince buys tape library (and he would for video of AJ Styles , Samoa Joe , Bobby Roode , Kurt Angle etc) were gonna see this redone I'm sure. Flair will reveal.."I really didn't want it to end like that and thought , one last run. I should have quit , but I thought I could keep going..."

Its working on PS4.... I'm watching the company rewrite some history as we get a 24/7 Documentary on Ric Flair's final WWE Match at Wrestlemania 24. Its clear as we heard reports Flair did not want to retire. He still wanted to keep going but was pushed to do that by Vince .

In clips from 2008 you see a set of clips of Flair looking more sad than happy he's being honored in Hall of Fame. With Dusty there giving him a hug and Flair remarking how he loves the business so much. Its basically a man who knew he was told to end it in ring wise and he really didn't want to at that point.

Once Anthem ever decides to sell Impact and Vince buys tape library (and he would for video of AJ Styles , Samoa Joe , Bobby Roode , Kurt Angle etc) were gonna see this redone I'm sure. Flair will reveal.."I really didn't want it to end like that and thought , one last run. I should have quit , but I thought I could keep going..."
    There might be a bit of revisionist history here ... but I think WWE just wants the end of Flairs career to be rememberd by what we got at Wrestlemania, rather than what he ended up getting.

Flairs last few matches being Hogans minion in TnA just isn't the way anyone wanted his last match to be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There might be a bit of revisionist history here ... but I think WWE just wants the end of Flairs career to be rememberd by what we got at Wrestlemania, rather than what he ended up getting.

Flairs last few matches being Hogans minion in TnA just isn't the way anyone wanted his last match to be remembered.
    This history will last til the library gets acquired at some point and Flair remarks how his run started promising as a manager. Yet he couldn't stop himself from getting in ring again. We will see the WOOO off scene and match with Lethal. (and Vince nearly got some of it had Corgan managed to get the company. There talk he was gonna try and work a deal to netflix the library to WWE Network or outright sell half it to a certain point).

It's for the best that Flair's TNA run is forgotten

Ciampa got squashed. Kross getting the rocket brother!