Ultimate Member

The whole Nia thing is ridiculous,

I don’t know if she’s actually responsible for Kairi’s latest injury but if she is, then she should be sent back to developmental or fired. There’s no point in keeping a woman on the roster if she’s unsafe.

Astonishing Member

We don't even know if Nia hurt Kairi, it's unfair to pin it on her until we know.

I'm sure the match makers are putting them together because Kairi is so damn good at getting rag dolled around and making Nia look good. Kairi could have easily flung herself outside the ring and cut herself accidentally. We've all seen her take some crazy bumps before. (Not saying that's what happened just that we don't know)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    We don't even know if Nia hurt Kairi, it's unfair to pin it on her until we know.

I'm sure the match makers are putting them together because Kairi is so damn good at getting rag dolled around and making Nia look good. Kairi could have easily flung herself outside the ring and cut herself accidentally. We've all seen her take some crazy bumps before. (Not saying that's what happened just that we don't know)
    You are not wrong . Hope it was just a common accident. It ain't Ballet

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    You are not wrong . Hope it was just a common accident. It ain't Ballet
    I hope so too.

It just seems these mistakes tend to happen around Nia.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The logo on the TNT belt doesn't look spray painted at all. It will have to look crude and hand written for that. The belt is a nod to the old NWA tv belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Looks like an old school NWA belt to me.
    I'm talking about the black TNT placed on it . It looks like something out of place like the letters were on the belt Hogan is showing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Is there room for a serious sports minded pro wrestling show? I think NXT comes the closest. I haven't really seen MLW. NWA has its moments but the in ring isn't really there yet. Plus having senior citizens be your tag champs killed it for me.

Astonishing Member

Is there room for a serious sports minded pro wrestling show? I think NXT comes the closest. I haven't really seen MLW. NWA has its moments but the in ring isn't really there yet. Plus having senior citizens be your tag champs killed it for me.
    Not in the mainstream. The second it started to get popular or wanted to expand it's audience it would turn into WWE-lite.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Not in the mainstream. The second it started to get popular or wanted to expand it's audience it would turn into WWE-lite.
    I would like see something like UFC or pro boxing with dial turned up.ROH has the name value for it, but I don't think Marty is capable or willing to book something like that.

Ultimate Member

There was a brief period that TNA tried this. This was probably TNA at their best (circa 2007 or 2008, I honestly can’t remember).

But they gave up and turned to WWE lite when Hogan, Russo and co came in.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

To me that decision was not a good one for the NWA. I love the Rock N Roll Express and consider em a great tag team for what they accomplished over the couple decades. But in no way should they be tag champions of a company in their late 50's/60's. Its just silly to do. In January the NWA made Eli Drake and James Storm tag team champions.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think the in ring for NWA is fine. They ain't trying to make every match an epic like AEW. Having the short matched and saving the barn burners for the main-event is rather refreshing.

Intermediary

MLW is fairly straight up, its what the NWA should be modeling after IMO

Court Bauer has a solid YOUNG roster and a relationship with AAA, The Crash, DragonGate

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

MLW has lots of hidden gems on their roster. How no one have gone after Jacob Fatu and the Von Erich brothers is insanity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    MLW is fairly straight up, its what the NWA should be modeling after IMO

Court Bauer has a solid YOUNG roster and a relationship with AAA, The Crash, DragonGate
    I have to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm talking about the black TNT placed on it . It looks like something out of place like the letters were on the belt Hogan is showing.
    I understood what you wrote.

I was merely saying what I saw.

The homage looked more NWA than NWO to me but wasn't the NWO paint a homage to the NWA, too, in a way?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium