Page 987 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 48788793797798398498598698798898999099199710371087 ... LastLast
Results 14,791 to 14,805 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    If that’s the business they’re in they’re huge failures. Also a terrible business for a promotion like them to be in because if they ever succeed in making a star, said star will leave to go somewhere that matters.

In a perfect world NWA Powerrr would be replaced with NWA wildside replays. I’ll take AJ Styles vs Jason cross over magnus vs beautiful billy Orton or whatever old dude they throw out there.
    Damn, you really hate Powerr

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If that’s the business they’re in they’re huge failures. Also a terrible business for a promotion like them to be in because if they ever succeed in making a star, said star will leave to go somewhere that matters.

In a perfect world NWA Powerrr would be replaced with NWA wildside replays. I’ll take AJ Styles vs Jason cross over magnus vs beautiful billy Orton or whatever old dude they throw out there.
    How did NWA hurt you?

The stars that NWA would create wouldn't really have anywhere to go but WWE. Do you see guys like Aldis, James Storm, Trevor Murdoch, the Dawson's fit in at AEW for instance? They wouldn't know what to with more traditional guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How did NWA hurt you?

The stars that NWA would create wouldn't really have anywhere to go but WWE. Do you see guys like Aldis, James Storm, Trevor Murdoch, the Dawson's fit in at AEW for instance? They wouldn't know what to with more traditional guys.
    I think it would actually be kinda cool if they could put together some sort of old school traditional guy heel stable. Get a mouth piece who can do their best Jim Cornette impression, and you can have a potentiall cool angle.

Astonishing Member

How did NWA hurt you?

I don't think Nick Aldi's,Storm,Ricky Starks,The Blackhearts, or even Tim Storm would have a problem on either AEW or WWE. I actually think they would be huge assets in AEW. Cody, Jericho, MJF, and Moxley are pretty traditional wrestlers. I would love to see a talent share between the two. Much more than ROH and NWA.

BANNED

Loving all the slow changes for WWE.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I don't think Nick Aldi's,Storm,Ricky Starks,The Blackhearts, or even Tim Storm would have a problem on either AEW or WWE. I actually think they would be huge assets in AEW. Cody, Jericho, MJF, and Moxley are pretty traditional wrestlers. I would love to see a talent share between the two. Much more than ROH and NWA.
    Aldis wouldn't fit. If you watch his interview with Chris Van Vilet he talks about how he can't gel with the philosophy of having a match for the sake of it. He needs to care about the participants in order to care about the match. Having been mentored by guys like Angle, Nash and Booker while he was in TNA he wants to work programs that can potentially draw money. Only Cody and Jericho have that way of thinking in AEW.

Astonishing Member

Aldis wouldn't fit. If you watch his interview with Chris Van Vilet he talks about how he can't gel with the philosophy of having a match for the sake of it. He needs to care about the participants in order to care about the match. Having been mentored by guys like Angle, Nash and Booker while he was in TNA he wants to work programs that can potentially draw money. Only Cody and Jericho have that way of thinking in AEW.
    Cody is one of the head shot callers in AEW. I think Nick can have a good match with anybody. It's wrestling , so every match is not going to be a money drawing match, sometimes it's just a stepping stone to that next match. All of the guys that mentored him have had matches like that.

I believe that the National Treasure can keep things Strictly Business with anyone

But when it's They Said vs She Said, you kinda have to go with the They in most cases.
    I disagree ever one in the world can say the sun is Green doesn't mean it's true.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I disagree. Bazler has a presence about her. She looks and feels like a bad @$$ ... in some ways moreso than Ronda. She comes off very believable. She's the perfect monster heel in the womans division. And that's something sorely needed on the main roster.
    She gets a lot of flack for being not good in the ring but she’s had a lot of fantastic matches. Her slow and methodical style isn’t super exciting but she does her job and she does it really well. Basically the heel Randy Orton of the women’s division.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I disagree ever one in the world can say the sun is Green doesn't mean it's true.
    Lol. I need you on my jury

Lol. I need you on my jury
    Again I think she probably did it.

Damn, you really hate Powerr
    If you say so. To me the nostalgia gimmick wore off pretty fast especially when the real deal is so easily accessible. Plus I really liked NWA wildside.

Honestly I can’t imagine trying to show someone who doesn’t have some nostalgic feeling for studio wrestling powerrr and them not telling me wtf is this ****??

How did NWA hurt you?

Fit in or not if NWA made stars of them they’d go and that was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Loving all the slow changes for WWE.
    Raw is still too long but has been good in 2020 especially in comparison to 2019, smackdown still kind of sucks and I wonder if Fox has figured out how badly they got hustled.

Cody is one of the head shot callers in AEW. I think Nick can have a good match with anybody. It's wrestling , so every match is not going to be a money drawing match, sometimes it's just a stepping stone to that next match. All of the guys that mentored him have had matches like that.

I believe that the National Treasure can keep things Strictly Business with anyone
    I think aldis can have an OKAY match with anybody but a great match with very few and I like him. I actually like quite a few people on that roster but again if it’s the star making business they’re in they’re some shitty business men.

Astonishing Member

If you say so. To me the nostalgia gimmick wore off pretty fast especially when the real deal is so easily accessible. Plus I really liked NWA wildside.

Honestly I can’t imagine trying to show someone who doesn’t have some nostalgic feeling for studio wrestling powerrr and them not telling me wtf is this ****??

Fit in or not if NWA made stars of them they’d go and that was my point.

Raw is still too long but has been good in 2020 especially in comparison to 2019, smackdown still kind of sucks and I wonder if Fox has figured out how badly they got hustled.

I think aldis can have an OKAY match with anybody but a great match with very few and I like him. I actually like quite a few people on that roster but again if it’s the star making business they’re in they’re some shitty business men.
    I don't enjoy the NWA for the nostalgia. I don't really have a nostalgia gene. I didn't grow up watching that style of wrestling. The show just has most of the people that I enjoyed in TNA, and it's promo heavy so I get to actually get invested in characters. Sadly, nowadays a good promo is a hell of a lot harder to find them a good match.

That being said the whole business with the Rock and Roll Express has been a huge turn off for me.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Agree on all accounts.
    bazler just gets it when it comes to wrestling. ronda is hit or miss at times. and shayna just looks like she will snap your limbs and laugh about it.