Page 249 of 681 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 10215
  1. #3721
    Incredible Member darthjoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    728

    Default

    The worst thing of all the discussion, is that week after week we scream to "change the product" "listen to fans, please" "boring" "stupid booking" etc, etc, etc.
    But when vince shows up: rating go up, "we don't deserve him chants" everything is great again. That only gives Vice the reason.
    Its as if what we need is more vince the shows?????

  2. #3722
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,865

    Default

    Really people were complaining about the McMahon's/Authority hogging too much of the show. So I don't think that the answer is, them having MORE screentime.

  3. #3723
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I find the argument that we don't know the whole story behind every decision to be true. But it's all opinion. Just because you have the numbers and research doesn't ensure making a correct decision.

    That's true of any industry.

    I find that more often fans are mad that doesn't stay consistent to their own logic. Many of us are the bastards son of Vince.We have learned from watching his successes and failures.
    Well yeah that's the thing. If you've been watching long enough, you tend to notice trends, and what tends to work and what doesn't, or what's entertaining and what's not, etc.

    So it gives you a pretty good basis of judgment there I think.

  4. #3724
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And in the last PPV, they had both Charlotte and Becky put over Asuka to win the Smackdown title, so there's at least some investment in putting over Asuka too.
    This is where you lost the debate. Nobody "put over" Asuka, because between the three, she's the actual Pro Wrestler. She made them look good because it was her job. She could have ripped them at any time and wreck the booking.

    And the reason you're getting booking Becky and Flair is that you have a booking dept that is having a hard time not treating it like a novelty and are running into mental walls. So instead of rectifying the situation they throw more novelty junk titles at it to keep the roster quiet.

    The Womens division in the WWE is nothing more then a joke until it wielded by Steph to get brownie points and back pats from media. I get more intrigue and fun watching an Invicta card then this roster. If it wasn't so scatterbrained, seven pages of this forum and a shit ton of energy would not have been wasted.

    Now take your "mental superiority" over the subject, get it good and drunk over New Years so it loosen up and come back with another ridiculous argument.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

  5. #3725
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    This is where you lost the debate. Nobody "put over" Asuka, because between the three, she's the actual Pro Wrestler. She made them look good because it was her job. She could have ripped them at any time and wreck the booking.

    And the reason you're getting booking Becky and Flair is that you have a booking dept that is having a hard time not treating it like a novelty and are running into mental walls. So instead of rectifying the situation they throw more novelty junk titles at it to keep the roster quiet.

    The Womens division in the WWE is nothing more then a joke until it wielded by Steph to get brownie points and back pats from media. I get more intrigue and fun watching an Invicta card then this roster. If it wasn't so scatterbrained, seven pages of this forum and a shit ton of energy would not have been wasted.

    Now take your "mental superiority" over the subject, get it good and drunk over New Years so it loosen up and come back with another ridiculous argument.
    When someone asked my favorite feud in the WWE, my main roster answer was Becky and Flair. My favorite wrestler rigjt boe is Becky. So at least least for me, I think the handling of the womans division has been pretty good in the last couple months.

  6. #3726
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The WWE doesn't make any face look good against her. All the good of Nia's victory became voided when Alexa beat her for the title. They even made Sasha look weak against her.
    Nia beat Alexa for rhe title in a relative squash, and lost the belt in a Mitb cash in after Nia was already on the losing end against Ronda. Alexa may have come out on top in the end, but I don't think looked weak.

  7. #3727
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,865

    Default

    And then Alexa proceeded to win the blowoff match at Extreme Rules after that. So again, she won the feud in the end and walked away with the belt, so the Mania loss meant very little since she still won the feud ultimately.

    Also in regards to Asuka, not only did Becky and Charlotte NOT put her over, but her title win felt less about her and more like it was a prop in the ongoing Becky/Charlotte/Ronda feud, which if anything undercuts Asuka's win to some extent because she feels like a prop in someone else's story.

  8. #3728
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And then Alexa proceeded to win the blowoff match at Extreme Rules after that. So again, she won the feud in the end and walked away with the belt, so the Mania loss meant very little since she still won the feud ultimately.

    Also in regards to Asuka, not only did Becky and Charlotte NOT put her over, but her title win felt less about her and more like it was a prop in the ongoing Becky/Charlotte/Ronda feud, which if anything undercuts Asuka's win to some extent because she feels like a prop in someone else's story.
    I"m not saying Alexa didn't win the feud in the end... I'm just saying I don't think Nia looked weak. They split the wins. That's what you do when you don't want EITHER looking weak.

    But I do agree that the title right now is secondary to Becky. That and the build up towards Ronda is the priority... Asuka is getting some spotlight in the process, but she's a secondary consideration to Becky right now. It's putting a spotlight on her and got her a main event PPV match, which is better than anything she would have gotten had she not been involved in the angle at all. But shes sort of riding the tide Becky is forming.

  9. #3729
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I"m not saying Alexa didn't win the feud in the end... I'm just saying I don't think Nia looked weak. They split the wins. That's what you do when you don't want EITHER looking weak.
    The problem with that type of booking is that no one gets over. It's why no one likes 50/50 booking.

  10. #3730
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The problem with that type of booking is that no one gets over. It's why no one likes 50/50 booking.
    Sure, you can say getting a 50% win rate doesn't make someone look as strong as getting a 100% rate. But my point was that it didn't make Nia look weak. And looking weak is what happens when you have someone incapable of getting a win over the other... that has it's downsides too.

    You want Alexa looking strong if she's going to be the next obstacle for Ronda. Alexa was the top heel of the division, and she needed to be built up as at least somewhat of a credible opponent for Ronda in order for it to actually mean something when Ronda beats her for the title. Ultimately it was more important, booking wise to give Ronda as credible opponent as possible in a big match than it was to build up Nia.

    Right now Ronda isn't going to put over anyone (and realistically shouldn't). So the strongest push anyone can really get is being built up in order to eventually lose to her. Because Ronda is at the top, and no one on RAW can or should change that. Beckys got a shot though.

  11. #3731
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    ​It doesn't help ANYONE, including Alexa.
    That's not true. It helped Alexa a lot. Plus its not her fault the WWE booked her as one of the best wrestlers of the last decade (just about every promise she made she came through on, wrestler after wrestler got beat by her, she won titles all the time, etc)

  12. #3732
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,865

    Default

    Perhaps, but it also soured some fans on her who might not have otherwise. Kind of like Triple H's Reign of Terror now that I think about performance.

  13. #3733
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,575

    Default

    very good match between rusev and nakamura
    was it worth it vince?

    wrestle kingdom 11 on axs tv week begins
    juice robinson takes on cody (trained by the American dream) vs (the son of the American dream)
    roopongi vice (rocky romero and baretta) vs the young bucks for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_J...m_Championship
    hiromu takahashi challenges KUSHIDA (is he truly 205Live bound?) for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_J...t_Championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-26-2018 at 03:37 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  14. #3734
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,865

    Default

    I continue to love the push that Mustafa Ali is getting, hopefully it continues. On the flip side, it's a shame that they still haven't figured out how to use Almas well.

    I'm worried for Nakamura. They couldn't even book him well as champion, so WTH is he going to do now that he's lost it?

    Rusev winning is cool, but he should have won like half a year ago when he was at his peak overness. Also I feel like him being stuck with the US Title shows that his booking hasn't really grown. He should be challenging for the WWE title, in the main even picture by now.

    They pretty much ignored the women this week.

    I'm curious to see where AJ goes from here

  15. #3735
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    That's not true. It helped Alexa a lot. Plus its not her fault the WWE booked her as one of the best wrestlers of the last decade (just about every promise she made she came through on, wrestler after wrestler got beat by her, she won titles all the time, etc)
    I think they HAD to push Alexa hard because quite frankly WWE was lacking in credible main event level heels. They have plenty of credible viable faces in the womans division, but the were lacking in the heel department. Nia turning heel again and Alexa returning form injury helps with that a lot on RAW. But over on Smackdown the top faces basically have to wrestle each other when they want a high profile match because none of the heels are on their level. They tried pushing Carmella hard earleir this year, but unlike Alexa I don't think she could really sell herself as a top performer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •