Page 1250 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2507501150120012401246124712481249125012511252125312541260 ... LastLast
Results 18,736 to 18,750 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think you are missing the point that they are trolling him.

It's childish on both fronts yet I can't help but side with Kiss and Janelle.

Corny's an asshat.
    It's all fun and games until it's not. Being an asshat doesn't make him wrong. Janela will just have to find another way to troll that won't get lawyers on him. All the while Corny stays winning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not childish on Cornys part if their trolling violates his trademark though. Anyone would contact lawyers over that.... it's just business. Cornette may be an asshat but that doesn't mean he's not right.

Yeah, I get that they are trolling Cornette but I would agree this makes them look worse than Cornette. Guys like Janella are frankly lucky to be getting the national exposure they are... they shouldn't be using the opportunity they have to troll critics online. It just justifies Cornette criticism of them.
    Completely agree.Of course is must be noted that Corny had a segment about naming their tag team before this.

Ultimate Member

Jey's promo was fantastic, and it's going to be painful to watch when Roman murders him on Sunday.

Bayley's promo was solid as well.

This feud with Corbin is doing nothing for Riddle, it needs to end soon.

They're not doing much to sell the LHP as legit challengers for those titles.

The IC title picture is so much fun right now.

Alexa's performance during this whole storyline has been fantastic, and tonight was no exception. He was legit intimidating when she snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think this looks bad on them. Corny is living in their heads rent free.
    joey tweets, corny contacts his attorney. i think the kids these days call that "triggered" yes??

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not childish on Cornys part if their trolling violates his trademark though. Anyone would contact lawyers over that.... it's just business. Cornette may be an asshat but that doesn't mean he's not right.

Yeah, I get that they are trolling Cornette but I would agree this makes them look worse than Cornette. Guys like Janella are frankly lucky to be getting the national exposure they are... they shouldn't be using the opportunity they have to troll critics online. It just justifies Cornette criticism of them.
    how so?? he earned it as much as anybody else with the work he put in over many years.

It's all fun and games until it's not. Being an asshat doesn't make him wrong. Janela will just have to find another way to troll that won't get lawyers on him. All the while Corny stays winning.
    winning what, miserable old fuk contest??

don't me get wrong, i don't blame corny. the "midnight express" name is basically a license to print money. just look at the old new midnight express and it's plain to see.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 09-25-2020 at 11:27 PM.

I'm really on the fence with this Alexa/Fiend stuff at the moment. For me, it's all about how this plays out, going forwards. On the one hand, Alexa is absolutely nailing it, both in her wrestling, and with her broader performance in general. And given the Fiend's possibly tweener'esque status right now, it's not like Alexa would even need to turn heel to make this work. A more aggressive babyface('ish!) Alexa would be something very fresh.

But then there was that staredown of Roman. And that worried me. See, the whole Alexa being possessed by the Fiend angle is potentially problematic at best. It takes away all of Alexa's agency and essentially makes her a tool for the Fiend, rather than being a character in her own right. The story needs to let Alexa be her own person, create her own character and most importantly, make her own decisions.

I've never been a fan of using women with male wrestlers, because 99% of the time, it's the women who get the short end of the stick with regards to ringtime and matches. Instead, it's 5 years standing on the sidelines doing a whole bunch of not a lot, only to get put straight into a title match on a preshow which everybody knows they ain't gonna win. Just as a purely random example.

In this case though, the risk is even higher. The implications of a female superstar who is, to all intents and purposes, enslaved to a man? That's a line the WWE need to walk very carefully indeed.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Incredible Member

messy hair alexa eyeing that samoan beef steak.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    joey tweets, corny contacts his attorney. i think the kids these days call that "triggered" yes??
    Corny is protecting his trademark. It's a business move plain and simple.

winning what, miserable old fuk contest??

don't me get wrong, i don't blame corny. the "midnight express" name is basically a license to print money. just look at the old new midnight express and it's plain to see.
    For Janela to spend so much energy trying to troll someone he should have long ignored is pathetic. It won't prove anything and all it does is justified his criticism of him. Joey strikes me as someone he can't handle negativity.

Astonishing Member

In this case though, the risk is even higher. The implications of a female superstar who is, to all intents and purposes, enslaved to a man? That's a line the WWE need to walk very carefully indeed.
    At this point she seems to be possessed/affected and not enslaved. It's not like the Fiend is having her attack Roman and take the title from his lifeless body yet. The Fiend hasn't really asked her to do anything. Or the Fiend is some sort of supernatural entity that has possessed Alexa and Bray the same.

Mighty Member

The real-life feuds occasionally make for interesting tell-all stories. ("Dark Side of the Ring" is certainly one of my guilty pleasures, as are Cornette's stories from the territory era.)

But, real-life drama should not be the go-to source for gimmicks and angles. (A quick joke about Sonya DeVille having a rough week, after the attempted kidnapping and murder-palooza, is one thing. Building a gimmick to troll a grumpy old man is a waste of the viewers' time.)

Now, back to important stuff....

On the one hand, Alexa is absolutely nailing it, both in her wrestling, and with her broader performance in general. And given the Fiend's possibly tweener'esque status right now, it's not like Alexa would even need to turn heel to make this work. A more aggressive babyface('ish!
    I would be more okay with this if I thought WWE had a definite plan for Cross and Bliss.

I tend to think that the "conplexity" cited by the announcers is more a result of WWE creative not being sure about how to handle Alexa than any real plan. (That being said, if I am wrong, bravo to all involved.)

Alexa is carrying this well though. The changes in her manner, gait and facial expression are impressive. She was not staring Roman down. She was thinking about killing him. (Have your ever seen a dog or cat with a high prey-drive? She was looking at Roman the way that my cat looks at birds outside.)

Speaking of manner and expression, is Matt Riddle going heel? During matches, he tends to put on a more aggressive face. And, his recent match against Corbin was particularly ferocious.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have nothing against Janela but the New New Midnight Express just doesn't fit the team he has. It would be like if Janela was online feuding with Ole Anderson and decided to call his team the New Minnesota Wrecking Crew and people be like , this just doesn't work. Of it was Kevin Sullivan and called it New Varsity Club comically.

Yes we know Cornette is an ******* at times and he isn't some good guy for sure. But here with this , if a guy who is this creatively bankrupt to infringe on a copyright you have pending then Cornette is right to step in.

But hell the more apt name would be the Midnight Cowboys since Kiss and Janela seem more of a party team aspect mixed in with a western type look. Its more fitting than trying to do a GOTCHA on an old man online your feuding with.

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/jo...appy-about-it/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Corny is protecting his trademark. It's a business move plain and simple.

For Janela to spend so much energy trying to troll someone he should have long ignored is pathetic. It won't prove anything and all it does is justified his criticism of him. Joey strikes me as someone he can't handle negativity.
    so how much is joey going to have to pay corny for the tweet??

seriously, in a discussion involving corny you think joey is the one who can't handle criticism?? i guessing corny already went on a rant that spent more time an energy than a tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I have nothing against Janela but the New New Midnight Express just doesn't fit the team he has. It would be like if Janela was online feuding with Ole Anderson and decided to call his team the New Minnesota Wrecking Crew and people be like , this just doesn't work. Of it was Kevin Sullivan and called it New Varsity Club comically.

Yes we know Cornette is an ******* at times and he isn't some good guy for sure. But here with this , if a guy who is this creatively bankrupt to infringe on a copyright you have pending then Cornette is right to step in.

But hell the more apt name would be the Midnight Cowboys since Kiss and Janela seem more of a party team aspect mixed in with a western type look. Its more fitting than trying to do a GOTCHA on an old man online your feuding with.

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/jo...appy-about-it/
    it was just a joke though, but corny called his attorney because he's living in their heads rent free(though attorney fees may still apply).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

seriously, in a discussion involving corny you think joey is the one who can't handle criticism?? i guessing corny already went on a rant that spent more time an energy than a tweet.

it was just a joke though, but corny called his attorney because he's living in their heads rent free(though attorney fees may still apply).
    To be fair Cornette had someone do t-shirts I believe with his image on them over hardcore wrestling. While I don't agree with Cornette on good hardcore wrestling (chairs , tables ok...but they have to fit in match instead of just insane **** for it) , the idea we'd see someone make shirts of Jim Cornette's face is wild.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/09...ornette-merch/

Jim being paranoid about this isn't shocking given the heat he has with Janela.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair Cornette had someone do t-shirts I believe with his image on them over hardcore wrestling. While I don't agree with Cornette on good hardcore wrestling (chairs , tables ok...but they have to fit in match instead of just insane **** for it) , the idea we'd see someone make shirts of Jim Cornette's face is wild.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/09...ornette-merch/

Jim being paranoid about this isn't shocking given the heat he has with Janela.
    just out of curiosity, what is the midnight express gimmick supposed to be anyways??

The thing is, their very existance bothers Cornette. If that's all they wanted to accomplish, they already do that every week they show up on TV. They didn't need to infringe on his copyright to do that. All that does is actually put Cornette in the right. Ignoring Cornette and simply continuing to do what they do is the best way to get back at him.

Yes, Joey is the one who can't handle criticism. A few weeks ago he handed over his twitter account to a social media manager because he couldn't handle all the **** he was catching for a botch on Dark with Taz laughing at him over an obvious **** up. I remember this guy throwing disses at Corny whenever he had a PPV match when AEW first start. Personally I think the man is bitch made.