Page 650 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1505506006406466476486496506516526536546607007501150 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I like how Mosley just looks like he’s enjoying himself. He’s back in his element and loving it. Can’t wait to see the Moxley/Omega match.

I’m honestly not sold on Page being a top guy or something. As others have said, MJF just seems more ready to be a top dickhead heel.
    That's sort of the problem with wrestlers being bookers... part of you wonders if nepotism isn't playing a role in who they are pushing. Not that Page isn't good, but you wonder if he's not being a top spot because he's buddies with the guys in charge.

I definately think MJF has more of "it." He's the guy I'd probaby be pushing the hardest. Though as I've said earlier because he's a good heal, he can keep his heat without necessarily winning matches. So arguably Page needs the actual wins more.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I was disappointed by the main-event of Fyter fest. I was hoping Moxley can get something good out of joey janela but that didn't happen.
    i thought it was great. i'm probably a bigger fan of janela than most though, but at the very least it delivered for it's audience and i'm guessing will be generally well received.

did anybody catch ospreay vs eagles from the NJPW austrailia show?? i hear it really cemented eagles going forward and probably should've main evented considering the reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    who would you argue that with?? who cares??

also funny they didn't hold off on mox debut and title win for fear it would overshadow the BOSJ finals main event(and it didn't).

nobody did and you didn't need to. actually most of us are wondering why you keep going back to that. seth did it to be a douche, you.....i have no idea why. it was the stuff you had wrong that's being taken issue with.

i think seth obviously takes pride in his ability as a wrestler, as i believe he grew up a fan. it wouldn't surprise me if it bothers him that he has what's supposed to be the top title in the business and fans(like he used to be) don't give a fuk. wouldn't surprise me if he wishes fans/dirtsheets talked about his matches the way they do about, maybe not will ospreay matches in particular but he's an xample. he wouldn't go online looking for attention if he was truly fulfilled with what he has.
    that's my ring psychological analysis anyways

it makes me wonder how familiar with MJF work people who say this are. he's a good midcard heel mostly due to character(and even that's slightly generic) but in the ring he's nothing special. i think AEW is trying to be more of a workrate type of company and while the top guys in AEW could carry him to something decent i don't think people want to see somebody get carried in the main event.

in MLW to me MJF is the least interesting guy in the midcard stable he's the leader of.
    Someone actually DID argue about them being on the same level ... thats how this conversation started. But like I said, if we're all in agreement (or at least everyone else is) that Will isn't on Seths level then cool. Nothing more to discuss.

And as for MJF... I don't think he's necessarily a 5 star match worker either. But I do think he's good at generating heat with the crowd. And thats especially important for a new fed. A lot of new viewers probably don't know who a lot of these wrestlers are, so his ability to stand out in that way without having tons of vinettes and promo time to build up his character I think is a pretty big asset. As a sports entertainer, he's one of the biggest standouts on the product IMO at least (and yes, I'm not familiar with his stuff outside AEW... I can only judge what I'm seeing here and to me is he doing a good job catching my attention so far). I wouldn't even necessariy have him win th belt... but I think his ability to get heat would justify him in my mind at least being a front runner to chase after it.

Not that I have a problem with Page. He's good. And if you have a heel Jericho being the other contender, a face makes more sense booking wise.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-30-2019 at 06:23 AM.

I was disappointed by the main-event of Fyter fest. I was hoping Moxley can get something good out of joey janela but that didn't happen.
    I think you pretty much got what you should expect out of a Joey Janela match.

Ideally these sort of matches should have more emotional stakes, being the culmination of some months of storytelling. Instead we get a death match with relatively minimal build up as it's Jons first match on AEWs second show. So it can't be what it potentially could have been under more ideal circumstances.

But it's a Joey Janela match. It is what it is.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

i thought it was great. i'm probably a bigger fan of janela than most though, but at the very least it delivered for it's audience and i'm guessing will be generally well received.
    The match mostly consisted of these guys putting themselves through tables and falling into barbed wire and thumbtacks. Even by deathmatch standards I found it lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac
    That's my biggest issue with the match ultimately boils down to. It's a Joey Janela match. I doubt I will ever enjoy something from him.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Someone actually DID argue about them being on the same level ... thats how this conversation started. But like I said, if we're all in agreement (or at least everyone else is) that Will isn't on Seths level then cool. Nothing more to discuss.
    who?? i missed it.

and yes i agree if we're all in agreement that will and seth are on the same level as far as wrestling and promo's and is actually have better matches on a regular basis we're all done.

And as for MJF... I don't think he's necessarily a 5 star match worker either. But I do think he's good at generating heat with the crowd. And thats especially important for a new fed. A lot of new viewers probably don't know who a lot of these wrestlers are, so his ability to stand out in that way without having tons of vinettes and promo time to build up his character I think is a pretty big asset. As a sports entertainer, he's one of the biggest standouts on the product IMO at least (and yes, I'm not familiar with his stuff outside AEW... I can only judge what I'm seeing here and to me is he doing a good job catching my attention so far). I wouldn't even necessariy have him win th belt... but I think his ability to get heat would justify him in my mind at least being a front runner to chase after it.

Not that I have a problem with Page. He's good. And if you have a heel Jericho being the other contender, a face makes more sense booking wise.
    this is what i mean, AEW is trying to appeal to pro wrestling fans more than sports entertainment fans. heat is great but won't matter if the match is a dud. if MJF is going to wrestle for the title it should definitely be a TV main event and not a PPV.

Ideally these sort of matches should have more emotional stakes, being the culmination of some months of storytelling. Instead we get a death match with relatively minimal build up as it's Jons first match on AEWs second show. So it can't be what it potentially could have been under more ideal circumstances.

But it's a Joey Janela match. It is what it is.
    yeah they did some good promos in the time they had to build it though. on the plus side it's something the can revisit down the line if they want.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-30-2019 at 06:44 AM.

who?? i missed it.

and yes i agree if we're all in agreement that will and seth are on the same level as far as wrestling and promo's and is actually have better matches on a regular basis we're all done.

this is what i mean, AEW is trying to appeal to pro wrestling fans more than sports entertainment fans. if MJF is going to wrestle for the title it should definitely be a TV main event and not a PPV.

yeah they did some good promos in the time they had to build it though. on the plus side it's something the can revisit down the line if they want.
    To me the in-ring aspects are close enough that it's not really worth debating who is better, to me at least. They're both really good. You can credibly argue one is better than the other, or as good or whatever. It's the more objective measurements of them as a super star where the divide is more obvious. Or at least more obvious to some.

As for MJF... I admit I only watch him in AEW. He's able to catch my interest to the point where I want to see more of him. But if his outside work sucks, then yeah... I guess he powers at be in AEW know more about him than me and are booking accordingly. I like him though... that's the most I can say at this point after seeing him twice.

Just to throw this out there... if AEW is trying to appear more to the straight up wrestling fans, I personally think (just my opinion mind you), think the NXT Taker Overs are the better pure wreslting product in comparison to the 2 AEW shows I've seen. Not that the AEW shows are bad by any means, but I personally NXT shows IMO are more consistant. They also have the benefit of longterm storytelling that AEW obviously lacks at the moment given they have only had 2 shows.

As far as the build up to the Moxley Janela match... they did what they could given the circumstances. BUt it's literally their second show, so what can ya do. I might have booked this match for later, but if they wanna give Jon a big debut match and they want to save him and Omega for later, then I suppose this works as well as anything else they can deliver.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-30-2019 at 07:00 AM.

The match mostly consisted of these guys putting themselves through tables and falling into barbed wire and thumbtacks. Even by deathmatch standards I found it lacking.

That's my biggest issue with the match ultimately boils down to. It's a Joey Janela match. I doubt I will ever enjoy something from him.
    Honestly I'm not a big fan either. I'm just not disappointed because ultimately we got pretty much what we should expect to get from a Joey Janela match.

To me the in-ring aspects are close enough that it's not really worth debating who is better, to me at least. They're both really good. You can credibly argue one is better than the other, or as good or whatever. It's the more objective measurements of them as a super star where the divide is more obvious. Or at least more obvious to some.
    that was a long way of saying they're on the same level(in that aspect). i don't believe anybody ever said will was better, just that he's having better matches far more frequently.

As for MJF... I admit I only watch him in AEW. He's able to catch my interest to the point where I want to see more of him. But if his outside work sucks, then yeah... I guess he powers at be in AEW know more about him than me and are booking accordingly. I like him though... that's the most I can say at this point after seeing him twice.

As far as the build up to the Moxley Janela match... they did what they could given the circumstances. BUt it's literally their second show, so what can ya do. I might have booked this match for later, but if they wanna give Jon a big debut match and they want to save him and Omega for later, then I suppose this works as well as anything else they can deliver.
    pretty much. also you don't really need much reason to have a hardcore/deathmatch when both guys have reputations for that kind of thing. like if it was announced tomorrow that foley and necro butcher were coming out of retirement and having a match just being them is reason enough for a hardcore match.

speaking of coming out of retirement when the fuk did erick stevens come back?? i always enjoyed his matches, very rough hard hitter.

that was a long way of saying they're on the same level(in that aspect). i don't believe anybody ever said will was better, just that he's having better matches far more frequently.

pretty much. also you don't really need much reason to have a hardcore/deathmatch when both guys have reputations for that kind of thing. like if it was announced tomorrow that foley and necro butcher were coming out of retirement and having a match just being them is reason enough for a hardcore match.

speaking of coming out of retirement when the fuk did erick stevens come back?? i always enjoyed his matches, very rough hard hitter.
    Erick Stevens has been appearing in Being the Elite for while now. I'm guessing he's a coach for AEW.

Ultimate Member

This show just reminded me how much I miss hardcore matches in WWE from time to time. Especially if you're going to have gimmick PPV's like Extreme Rules and HIAC.

Erick Stevens has been appearing in Being the Elite for while now. I'm guessing he's a coach for AEW.
    AEW has coaches? Do they have some sort of training center? That's kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    This show just reminded me how much I miss hardcore matches in WWE from time to time. Especially if you're going to have gimmick PPV's like Extreme Rules and HIAC.
    Part of me feels the opposite. I think Codys chair shot I think actually made me sort of glad WWE is somewhat distancing itself from that sort of thing. I know he's fine but still... I don't entirely feel that sort of thing is necessary.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i actually loved the "main" event. mostly because we actually got to see how damn creative and insane mox can get. plus, you could tell mox was having a blast out there. i only know joey because one of my friends is a massive fangirl for him.

so yeah, once they said it was non-sanctioned, i knew what to expect.