Page 659 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1595596096496556566576586596606616626636697097591159 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 19298

Helluva performance by Archer!!

Sanada vs ZSJ was amazing and it was sooooo good to see Kenta just unleash.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Jarrett's rep comes from many of the early years of TNA. The two that stand out to me as the most egregious were Raven and Rhyno's NWA title reigns being cut short just to put the belt back on Jeff (and neither ever held the title again which made it worse). But it got toned down considerably later on, starting with Christian debuting.

Also even the Women in TNA/Impact have had many brutal and nasty matches with each other over the years.
    I really can't remember Rhyno's title run but I do remember Raven's and the network (Spike) requested that the belt be put back on Jarrett before the show debuted there. So they had to oblige them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, what is the Thread's consensus on Jushin Thunder Liger?
    legend, but shinjiro otani is my dude from that era of jrs

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I really can't remember Rhyno's title run but I do remember Raven's and the network (Spike) requested that the belt be put back on Jarrett before the show debuted there. So they had to oblige them.
    i call BS on that one. slapnuts is a conman and liar.

i'm really xcited for the impact PPV tonight, they've done a great job building things up. i'm looking forward to all the title matches, even the monsters ball. i'm even going to try and convince my brother to watch, he's a mark for brian cage and johnny mundo.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-07-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah it looks like a really good card on paper. The Monster's Ball Match and Tessa vs. Sami are my two most anticipated.

Speaking of Tessa, if you're brother is a fan of Brian Cage, then he and Tessa actually had a really good match at WrestleCircus awhile back. You can find it online pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    legend, but shinjiro otani is my dude from that era of jrs

i call BS on that one. slapnuts is a conman and liar.

i'm really xcited for the impact PPV tonight, they've done a great job building things up. i'm looking forward to all the title matches, even the monsters ball. i'm even going to try and convince my brother to watch, he's a mark for brian cage and johnny mundo.
    Spike (and the NWA then) wanted a "star" to have the title at this point and this was before the company had Kurt Angle , Christian or anyone from WWE. Once they got people into the company from WWE...Jarrett lost the title as we saw. In fact his last real run as champion was 2005-2006 as he dropped the title to Christian (who came in and then Sting , who returned) . So after that Jarrett never held the championship as the roster added Scott Steiner , Booker T , Kevin Nash , Kurt Angle and others .

In fact the NWA wasn't happy with the title changes and wanted a hand in picking the champion as time passed so TNA then formed their own titles to not have to listen to them by 2007.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Spike (and the NWA then) wanted a "star" to have the title at this point and this was before the company had Kurt Angle , Christian or anyone from WWE. Once they got people into the company from WWE...Jarrett lost the title as we saw. In fact his last real run as champion was 2005-2006 as he dropped the title to Christian (who came in and then Sting , who returned) . So after that Jarrett never held the championship as the roster added Scott Steiner , Booker T , Kevin Nash , Kurt Angle and others .

In fact the NWA wasn't happy with the title changes and wanted a hand in picking the champion as time passed so TNA then formed their own titles to not have to listen to them by 2007.
    slapnuts is a liar and a conman.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-07-2019 at 06:30 AM.

I think it's pretty darn debatable whether or not Jarret was a bigger "star" than Raven though. If there's a difference it's pretty negligable. In the WWE they were both mid-card guys. If we were talking about Monty Brown or something I could buy the arguement... but Raven has had as much national exposure as Jarret. Who told the network that Jarret was the bigger star? Jarret?

Ultimate Member

Raven was also well-known from his time in ECW and WCW as well.

Yeah who told Spike that Jarrett was a "bigger star" than Raven? I suspect Jeff himself or someone close to him.

And the Rhyno thing was even worse arguably.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's pretty darn debatable whether or not Jarret was a bigger "star" than Raven though. If there's a difference it's pretty negligable. In the WWE they were both mid-card guys. If we were talking about Monty Brown or something I could buy the arguement... but Raven has had as much national exposure as Jarret. Who told the network that Jarret was the bigger star? Jarret?
    Raven was also well-known from his time in ECW and WCW as well.

Yeah who told Spike that Jarrett was a "bigger star" than Raven? I suspect Jeff himself or someone close to him.

And the Rhyno thing was even worse arguably.
    As much as I love Raven as an ECW guy. Its clear he really wasn't bigger than Jarrett was given what we saw as years played out. Raven went to WCW and was around mid-card awhile with a heel stable. But his push after the Raven's Flock era ended saw him lose the US Title (where he never got a run) and fade from the company by 1999. He never main evented ECW again as Heyman saw his ring shape and he slowly got himself back in shape by 2000.

Raven's run in WWF was low card and appearing on Heat. This was a big fault of the WWF who had a great heel in Raven and never saw him as much more than Sunday Night heat fodder. A fact its said that Vince was backstage and saw him there and asked , "When did we sign Johnny Polo back ?" So his career there was never much sadly.

Now examining Jeff Jarrett he was mid-card champion in WWF and WCW. He had runs where he flirted at upper-card at times but once he returned to WCW in 1999 he finally got the push to a World title due to injuries (Bret Hart being lost) and others out of company (Benoit walked out with 3 others) and others were deemed too old to keep getting runs (Flair and Hogan) . So in any case Jarrett by the end of the Monday Night wars was seen as a bigger star than Raven by the NWA and Spike TV.

Once they were able to bring in more stars like Christian , Kurt Angle and Sting (a fact Spike paid half his salary) Jarrett drifted away from the main event.

Ultimate Member

Jeff Jarrett was never believable as a top guy though, his top guy runs consistently failed.

As much as I love Raven as an ECW guy. Its clear he really wasn't bigger than Jarrett was given what we saw as years played out. Raven went to WCW and was around mid-card awhile with a heel stable. But his push after the Raven's Flock era ended saw him lose the US Title (where he never got a run) and fade from the company by 1999. He never main evented ECW again as Heyman saw his ring shape and he slowly got himself back in shape by 2000.

Raven's run in WWF was low card and appearing on Heat. This was a big fault of the WWF who had a great heel in Raven and never saw him as much more than Sunday Night heat fodder. A fact its said that Vince was backstage and saw him there and asked , "When did we sign Johnny Polo back ?" So his career there was never much sadly.

Now examining Jeff Jarrett he was mid-card champion in WWF and WCW. He had runs where he flirted at upper-card at times but once he returned to WCW in 1999 he finally got the push to a World title due to injuries (Bret Hart being lost) and others out of company (Benoit walked out with 3 others) and others were deemed too old to keep getting runs (Flair and Hogan) . So in any case Jarrett by the end of the Monday Night wars was seen as a bigger star than Raven by the NWA and Spike TV.

Once they were able to bring in more stars like Christian , Kurt Angle and Sting (a fact Spike paid half his salary) Jarrett drifted away from the main event.
    They were both mid-card guys by WWE standards. Yeah, Jarret became a world champion in the dying days of WCW, but frankly that doesn't really mean anything. If one was a bigger star, it's fairly negligable. This sounds more like Jarret HIMSELF selling himself as a bigger star than Raven because again, neither are REALLY top stars. They're just both moderately high end mid-card guys.

Ultimate Member

Jeff Jarrett was never believable as a top guy though, his top guy runs consistently failed.
    Quoted in agreement.

He was just a guy that basically booked himself to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They were both mid-card guys by WWE standards. Yeah, Jarret became a world champion in the dying days of WCW, but frankly that doesn't really mean anything. If one was a bigger star, it's fairly negligable. This sounds more like Jarret HIMSELF selling himself as a bigger star than Raven because again, neither are REALLY top stars. They're just both moderately high end mid-card guys.
    I doubt Jarrett was trying to sell himself as a huge star as I'll explain below in a post. No one who Main Evented WCW its final year was gonna do huge given how badly it was ran. Booker T and Scott Steiner both were champions and both deserved runs for sure. But it came right as the company was dying. Jarrett was a solid heel champion but the company was on its death bed due to bad decisions by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted in agreement.

He was just a guy that basically booked himself to the top.
    Not exactly as I'll point out.....