Page 1271 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2717711171122112611267126812691270127112721273127412751281 ... LastLast
Results 19,051 to 19,065 of 19299
  1. #19051
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Treating the talent as contractors and taking a cut of their social media money is inexcusable.
    Meh. when they are on twitch et al basically being their WWE character but doing something other than wrestling so they can make extra money I see no problem with WWE wanting a cut of that.

  2. #19052
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Meh. when they are on twitch et al basically being their WWE character but doing something other than wrestling so they can make extra money I see no problem with WWE wanting a cut of that.
    WWE shouldn't get a cut because they've done nothing to earn it. Twitch, Cameo, etc, the talent are doing on their personal time and using their legal names. They are not in character when they do these things.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 11-15-2020 at 10:24 AM.

  3. #19053
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    7,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE shouldn't get a cut because they've done nothing to earn it. Twitch, Cameo, etc, are doing that the talent are doing on their personal time and using their legal names. They are not in character when they do these things.
    This.

    WWE getting a cut of the performers online activity money is preposterous.

    Most of the performers are using their own names and doing the online stuff at their own leisure. WWE swooping in to claim part of their royalties isn't just greedy it's immoral.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  4. #19054
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    9,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This.

    WWE getting a cut of the performers online activity money is preposterous.

    Most of the performers are using their own names and doing the online stuff at their own leisure. WWE swooping in to claim part of their royalties isn't just greedy it's immoral.
    Right. There are several hosts/DJs on Sirius XM who have podcasts, but Sirius XM doesn't get a cut from the podcast. The only money they make from it is if the personality in question promotes the podcast on their Sirius XM show. Then Sirius XM should get paid for the advertising time. Same thing with WWE. The only way they should get a cut is if the performer promotes their social media channel during a WWE promo or interview.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  5. #19055
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    699

    Default


  6. #19056
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,384

    Default

    Apparently Vega was making more money on Twitch than through her WWE contract. Which is kinda crazy when you think about it. Makes sense she didn't want to give that up.

  7. #19057
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Apparently Vega was making more money on Twitch than through her WWE contract. Which is kinda crazy when you think about it. Makes sense she didn't want to give that up.
    Yeah, they were estimating about 300k a year for her!

  8. #19058
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah, they were estimating about 300k a year for her!
    Wow well at least she should have enough money to take time to figure out her next move. You can't just expect ppl to walk away from money like that.

  9. #19059
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    880

    Default

    The rules have been thrown out. Tyler Breeze will be defending his LRLR title against none other than Austin Creed.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

    "And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

  10. #19060
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,003

    Default

    The New Day will be DLC characters for Gears 5

    https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/...66714289512448

  11. #19061
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,003

    Default

    Sasha Banks revealed that she got her role in the Mandalorian after the show's execute producer saw her interview on hot ones

    https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/1329072289418100743

    Doing an interview while eating hot wings is what got her into Hollywood, not being on WWE TV every week lol.

  12. #19062
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sasha Banks revealed that she got her role in the Mandalorian after the show's execute producer saw her interview on hot ones

    https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/1329072289418100743

    Doing an interview while eating hot wings is what got her into Hollywood, not being on WWE TV every week lol.
    Well Jon Favreau googled her after the interview, so it was good she had work out there already.

  13. #19063
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,372

    Default

    So it seems that War Games is a thing this year

  14. #19064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So it seems that War Games is a thing this year
    I wasn't that worried about War Games. Yeah, it's 8 guys in the ring at once, but it's two rings so there's more room.

    The Royal Rumble, though? That just has "bad publicity" written all over it.
    Last Read: Family Tree vol. 2: Seeds

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

  15. #19065
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I wasn't that worried about War Games. Yeah, it's 8 guys in the ring at once, but it's two rings so there's more room.

    The Royal Rumble, though? That just has "bad publicity" written all over it.
    There has been rumors floating that they are considering running it as a 20 person gauntlet.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •