Page 243 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1431932332392402412422432442452462472532933437431243 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It is over. Their beef with Ronda got nothing to do with each other. The only reason they are still stuck together as far as I can see is the company wants Becky's overiness to rub off on Charlotte. So kinda the reverse with Charlotte riding her coattails.

If wrestling each other is all they did for 4 months then that is terrible. Seeing the same matches repeatedly is one of the very things many fans are frustrated over and was addressed by the McMachons on Monday. I'm sure that's one the main reasons why they abolished automatic title rematches (thank god).
    If they BOTH have a beef with Ronda, then they are both still involved in the same storyline. That's the point. It's not 2 seperate things... it's all still one angle.

And wrestling each other is not all they did for 4 months. Charlotte wrestled Ronda, and they both wrestled Asuka. Remember that Becky flat out COULDN'T wrestle for the past couple months or so, which required Charlotte to fill that void.

That aside, Beckys overness created the effect of fans booing the face she's working with. Inserting Charlotte protects the other face a little. Fans won't necessarily turn on Asuka or Ronda to the same degree if Charlotte is right there, since fans for whatever random reason seem to be doing that.

Astonishing Member

Having multiple people going after Ronda (who could theoretically win) also adds more intrigue to the Royal Rumble.

As others have said, this has (accidentally) become a good story because it's affecting so many different people and elevating the entire division on both brands.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When it comes to WrestleMania they don't need to be protected. I want Becky to go over but I don't think anyone will get mad if she doesn't. It doesn't need Charlotte, she shouldn't get involved.
    Oh I think that they would, for multiple reasons:

-She's the most over act in the company right now and her booking should reflect that.
    -They made her drop the title to set this all up seemingly. So if she loses the title just to set up her losing ANOTHER big match, people are not going to be happy.
    -She's lost repeatedly at Mania already, so I don't think that people are especially interested in seeing it happen again.
    -Many people fear Ronda becoming the female Brock essentially and this would only be further proof of that.
    -Etc.

The dropping the belt only to lose to Ronda in the end part would probably especially tick a lot of people off because it's the worst of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Having multiple people going after Ronda (who could theoretically win) also adds more intrigue to the Royal Rumble.

As others have said, this has (accidentally) become a good story because it's affecting so many different people and elevating the entire division on both brands.
    It really is weird (and almost wrong to an extent) that Nia's botch legitimately injuring Becky ended up benefitting really everyone, including Becky.

I think really everyone moving foreward is benefiting from all of it. Right now I think you can legitimately argue the womens division SHOULD be the main event at Wrestlemania. It's not just a token gesture to give Divas a chance or whatever... I think you can credibly say in terms of star power and crowd heat the Becky vs Ronda feud should be THE main event. And Beckys heel turn, along with a little help from Nia's botch have really helped propell the womens divison to the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Oh I think that they would, for multiple reasons:

-She's the most over act in the company right now and her booking should reflect that.
    -They made her drop the title to set this all up seemingly. So if she loses the title just to set up her losing ANOTHER big match, people are not going to be happy.
    -She's lost repeatedly at Mania already, so I don't think that people are especially interested in seeing it happen again.
    -Many people fear Ronda becoming the female Brock essentially and this would only be further proof of that.
    -Etc.

The dropping the belt only to lose to Ronda in the end part would probably especially tick a lot of people off because it's the worst of both worlds.
    Also, I do think people almost expect a big title change at the end of Wrestlemania if in fact they are the main event. Not that this happens 100% of the time... there are exceptions. But I think having a challenger fight their way to the top of the mountain and win the world title at Wrestlemania, with the confetti and the balloons coming down, is to a degree the norm now. When a title doesn't change hands it's almost anti-climactic.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Calling Ronda a "female Brock" is being a special kind of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers
    Very foolish considering she's there regularly and not built as a special attraction.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Astonishing Member

tribute to the troops 2018
    dean and Daniel vs seth styles
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-20-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

I agree with that statement of Rhonda Rousey becoming the female Brock Lesnar, specifically in regards to booking. Rhonda Rousey's "legitimacy" and UFC background is a heavy implication in her booking and it's potentially sacrificing any naturally over talent. Vince destroyed the image of Braun Strowman, one of the most organically over WWE Superstars in years, in favor of Roman Reigns. If Rousey goes over Lynch at Wrestlemania, she'll be used no differently than Lesnar.

Losing to Becky Lynch will do nothing but make Ronda Rousey more humble and likable. She was criticized for contemplating suicide after her loss to Holly Holms and WWE should use that loss to build her character into, potentially, one of the most likable Female WWE Superstars.

It's honestly a win-win situation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    What????

Apart from the fact she regularly shows up and is a "smiling face" (at times), she's been booked as a high unstoppable force much like Brock. All based upon her previous UFC status.

Like..what??

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Lynch/Flair has run its course but I have an inkling that it will end up Rousey/Flair still.
    wouldn't shock me at all. rumor has it charlotte has already been told she's in for mania with ronda and becky might be in if they go with a 3way.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Since they are doing the McMahon family gimmick switching over Lynch and Flair for Moon,Banks, and Bliss.

Moon beating Asuka for the title has a ton of backstory.
    Banks has the credentials to make her and Asuka a Mania match.
    Bliss is just money period.

There are so many talents out there that need a mouthpiece that Paige being on a commentary is just a waste.

Nakamura and Paige is money.
    Paige and Dean Ambrose would be heel gold.
    she is??

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It hasn't run it's course yet, because both are still feuding with Ronda. Becky has yet to have her match with Ronda, while the ending of Charlotee and Ronda's match justifies another match from a storytelling standpoint. Obviously there's more story to tell with all 3 women.
    well no **** dude, did you not see where i said i think they're headed for a 3way?? what i posted meant i can't see how anybody watching feels like we need more becky vs charlotte at this point.

As long as the feud is producing good matches, I honestly don't see the problem. The Last Man Standing and the TLC matches were arguably both the matches of the night, and I think you can even give Charlotte the lions share of the credit for the TLC for taking the bumps that she did. She is producing good matches in a feud that the fans are still emotionally invested in, so I really don't see the problem.
    i suspect that's because you don't want to see the problem, or maybe you've lost sight.

just to put things in perspective here becky's last 10 matches

8/7 with charlotte vs IIcons
    8/14 with charlotte vs sonya & mandy
    summerslam vs charlotte vs carmella
    HitC vs charlotte
    9/25 vs lana
    supershow vs charlotte
    10/9 vs charlotte
    evolution vs charlotte
    11/6 vs nikki
    TLC vs charlotte vs aska

8 of her last 10 matches had charlotte in them

If they BOTH have a beef with Ronda, then they are both still involved in the same storyline. That's the point. It's not 2 seperate things... it's all still one angle.

And wrestling each other is not all they did for 4 months. Charlotte wrestled Ronda, and they both wrestled Asuka. Remember that Becky flat out COULDN'T wrestle for the past couple months or so, which required Charlotte to fill that void.

That aside, Beckys overness created the effect of fans booing the face she's working with. Inserting Charlotte protects the other face a little. Fans won't necessarily turn on Asuka or Ronda to the same degree if Charlotte is right there, since fans for whatever random reason seem to be doing that.
    i don't think people are booing aska.

It really is weird (and almost wrong to an extent) that Nia's botch legitimately injuring Becky ended up benefitting really everyone, including Becky.

I think really everyone moving foreward is benefiting from all of it. Right now I think you can legitimately argue the womens division SHOULD be the main event at Wrestlemania. It's not just a token gesture to give Divas a chance or whatever... I think you can credibly say in terms of star power and crowd heat the Becky vs Ronda feud should be THE main event. And Beckys heel turn, along with a little help from Nia's botch have really helped propell the womens divison to the forefront.
    becky's a heel??

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Very foolish considering she's there regularly and not built as a special attraction.
    while they obviously have their differences i think they obviously have their similarities as well. especially neither getting paid all that money to put over becky or a different fan favorite the company isn't fully behind, at mania.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-21-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    I really like rhea ripley
    but first NJPW on axs tv January 4th 2016
    aj styles challenges shinsuke nakamura for IWGP intercontinental championship
    bullet club vs chaos

coming up
    KUSHIDA challenges kenny omega for the IWGP junior heavyweight championship
    part 2
    bullet club (tanga fale takahashi vs yano and dem boys for4 the NEVER openweight 6 man tag championship
    evil and bushi looking sharp as they accompany to the ring as he tetsuya naito vs hirooki goto
    tomaaki honma and tobe makabe take on Anderson and gallows(accompanied by amber gallows) for the IWGP tag team championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-21-2018 at 03:57 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    wouldn't shock me at all. rumor has it charlotte has already been told she's in for mania with ronda and becky might be in if they go with a 3way.

she is??

well no **** dude, did you not see where i said i think they're headed for a 3way?? what i posted meant i can't see how anybody watching feels like we need more becky vs charlotte at this point.

i suspect that's because you don't want to see the problem, or maybe you've lost sight.

just to put things in perspective here becky's last 10 matches

8/7 with charlotte vs IIcons
    8/14 with charlotte vs sonya & mandy
    summerslam vs charlotte vs carmella
    HitC vs charlotte
    9/25 vs lana
    supershow vs charlotte
    10/9 vs charlotte
    evolution vs charlotte
    11/6 vs nikki
    TLC vs charlotte vs aska

8 of her last 10 matches had charlotte in them

i don't think people are booing aska.

becky's a heel??

while they obviously have their differences i think they obviously have their similarities as well. especially neither getting paid all that money to put over becky or a different fan favorite the company isn't fully behind, at mania.
    Again, I'd argue Beckys last few matches were Charlotte were the matches of the night, so I don't see the problem. If you can deliver a good to great match in a feud that's over with the fans, then there's no problem there.

And no, they're not booing Asuka... because the one match she had with Becky had Charlotte involved, where she could play the heel. THat's the point. Adding Charlotte protects any feels from potentially getting booed like Ronda does when she started building her feud with Becky.

And Beckys not a heel now, but she did turn heel on Charlotte.

Again, I'd argue Beckys last few matches were Charlotte were the matches of the night, so I don't see the problem. If you can deliver a good to great match in a feud that's over with the fans, then there's no problem there.
    there's 2 problems you can't or flat out refuse to see, 1)as been pointed out over and over is even though the matches are good at a certain point enough is enough. if you wait until people stop caring then you blew the ending to the story.
    2)nobody else is getting a chance to get a rub from beckys' popularity, and charlotte really doesn't need it.

And no, they're not booing Asuka... because the one match she had with Becky had Charlotte involved, where she could play the heel. THat's the point. Adding Charlotte protects any feels from potentially getting booed like Ronda does when she started building her feud with Becky.
    charlotte's a heel??

And Beckys not a heel now, but she did turn heel on Charlotte.
    becky's a face??

i hear aska vs becky was announced for the rumble, so much for no mandatory rematches. but atleast charlotte isn't in the match...........YET.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-21-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    there's 2 problems you can't or flat out refuse to see, 1)as been pointed out over and over is even though the matches are good at a certain point enough is enough. if you wait until people stop caring then you blew the ending to the story.
    2)nobody else is getting a chance to get a rub from beckys' popularity, and charlotte really doesn't need it.

charlotte's a heel??

becky's a face??

i hear aska vs becky was announced for the rumble, so much for no mandatory rematches. but atleast charlotte isn't in the match...........YET.
    You can barely count the number of times they have wrestled each other on one hand in the span of months. That's not really THAT much. When 2 wrestlers are feuding, that's fairly normal. And that's especially true for a division with like 8 people in it. It's pretty much the standard feud formulla. Star off with a normal match, and as the feud ramps up they're given a couple gimmick matches, with maybe a few tag matches on TV in between.

Again, the matches are good and the fans are still emotionally invested. As long as both those things are true, there's no actual problem there.

As far as other people getting the rub from Beckys popularity, Nia benefitted from it and Asuka became the champion during the feud.