Page 942 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4428428929329389399409419429439449459469529921042 ... LastLast
Results 14,116 to 14,130 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sonya's response doesn't seem encouraging
    https://twitter.com/SonyaDevilleWWE/...354668544?s=19
    On Total Divas, Sonya was forced to kill her own lgbt storyline with Mandy because her girlfriend didn’t approve of it.

Astonishing Member

yup
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

So, when is Wrestle Kingdom happening again?

The finish to elite vs lucha bros & pac was fukn awesome. Great episode over all imo.

Very glad they finally pulled the trigger on janela vs Sabian and Penelope.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-02-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, when is Wrestle Kingdom happening again?
    Jan 4th every year

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    The finish to elite vs lucha bros & pac was fukn awesome. Great episode over all imo.

Very glad they finally pulled the trigger on janela vs Sabian and Penelope.
    My only worry is that they devolve Penelope into a lita-lite, chants and all

Astonishing Member

"The Lana/Lashley wedding has already surpass CM Punk's return on WWE on FOX Channel with whopping 5.4 Million Views and is the 3rd most watched video since the channel was created."

Aleister Black and Buddy Murphy had an awesome match and this is the most talked about segment.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    "The Lana/Lashley wedding has already surpass CM Punk's return on WWE on FOX Channel with whopping 5.4 Million Views and is the 3rd most watched video since the channel was created."

Aleister Black and Buddy Murphy had an awesome match and this is the most talked about segment.
    Last nights raw in a way perfectly sums up Heymans booking. Good wrestling mixed with over the top sports entertainment. As long as you have the former, you can't complain TOO much about the later.

I suppose the Lana/Lashly stuff falls under "it's so bad it's good" category.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Last nights raw in a way perfectly sums up Heymans booking. Good wrestling mixed with over the top sports entertainment. As long as you have the former, you can't complain TOO much about the later.

I suppose the Lana/Lashly stuff falls under "it's so bad it's good" category.
    Spectacle >Sport.

There is like 15+ hours of weekly wrestling out there for the public to consume. We get a few 4 star matches on a weekly basis.

Those are not going to move the needle anymore. You need the man bites dog moments to get the casual fans eye.

As much as die hards have disdain for some of this, for the outside world this is what they eat up.

The danger comes from doing stuff like this to the point where it just comes as lazy and commonplace.

Impact has been trying to this for awhile, but they don't have the WWE platform to get the ratings bump from this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Spectacle >Sport.

There is like 15+ hours of weekly wrestling out there for the public to consume. We get a few 4 star matches on a weekly basis.

Those are not going to move the needle anymore. You need the man bites dog moments to get the casual fans eye.

As much as die hards have disdain for some of this, for the outside world this is what they eat up.

The danger comes from doing stuff like this to the point where it just comes as lazy and commonplace.

Impact has been trying to this for awhile, but they don't have the WWE platform to get the ratings bump from this.
    Arguably four matches and above never moved the needle. Kenny Omega matches can have all the stars it wants but without emotional investment it won't stick with people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Arguably four matches and above never moved the needle. Kenny Omega matches can have all the stars it wants but without emotional investment it won't stick with people.
    Exactly, AEW had a great main event last night, but honestly I didn't give a rats tuckus about who won. That's not good. The only heel in that match was PAC.

Lashley did an interview with SI about how he didn't care about being hated. The man is being threatened and called racial slurs because even though it's 2020, a black man with a white woman still draws heat.

But ignore the racism and prejudice, and you still have a storyline where there is a clear heel and a clear face.

Rusev can't beat up Lana, but Liv can. Which why a lesbian angle is brought in. You can't be emotionally invested in a match until unless you care who wins or loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    My only worry is that they devolve Penelope into a lita-lite, chants and all
    i think penelope is going to shine in this, maybe moreso than sabian. her and joey just have great chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

i can dig some it's some it's so bad it's good tv. for instance i got a huge kick out of rosie vs donald but this i honestly didn't even get a chuckle out of.

Spectacle >Sport.

the casuals don't stick around though. they'll watch the youtube clips and then check youtube again next week but few are going to subscribe or start watching weekly.

i just don't see what the harm in catering more to your loyal fanbase would be. whenever i hear people who watch WWE talk about it it's rarely positive unless they're talking about nxt.

Exactly, AEW had a great main event last night, but honestly I didn't give a rats tuckus about who won. That's not good. The only heel in that match was PAC.
    the fans cared, people were really happy to see the elite finally looking elite in victory and cody celebrating in the ring with them created a great moment for their fans.

Lashley did an interview with SI about how he didn't care about being hated. The man is being threatened and called racial slurs because even though it's 2020, a black man with a white woman still draws heat.

But ignore the racism and prejudice, and you still have a storyline where there is a clear heel and a clear face.
    yeah the black man is the clear heel because he took the white mans woman, that's great. we should totally ignore racism if it gets heat.

the defense of this horrible angle that get me the most is when people say it's gotten rusev over. getting rusev over isn't rocket science, that's never been much of a problem for him.

Rusev can't beat up Lana, but Liv can. Which why a lesbian angle is brought in. You can't be emotionally invested in a match until unless you care who wins or loses.
    wait why does liv need to be a lesbian to beat up lana??

When there's some competition out there, talent has more leverage to ask for more money. It was like that when WCW was around too. I think it's less that anyone got played and more that's the way it is when you're not the only game in town. It's why competition is good for talent.
    that's called "playing 2 sides against each other" and basically what i meant when i said vince got played because he paid up and isn't going to doing anything more with randy.

For top talent at AEW when their contracts are up I'm sure it will be the same. Jericho or Moxley just need to tease a WWE return and they'll get anything they want from Khan.
    if that happens then khan will be the one who got played.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-02-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that's called "playing 2 sides against each other" and basically what i meant when i said vince got played because he paid up and isn't going to doing anything more with randy.

if that happens than khan will be the one who got played.
    Eh... I wouldn't saying giving someone a raise to stick around is the same thing as getting played. To me that implies being lied to or taken advantage of. But I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

Eh... I wouldn't saying giving someone a raise to stick around is the same thing as getting played. To me that implies being lied to or taken advantage of. But I suppose it's a matter of perspective.
    i wouldn't either but that's not what happened. randy PLAYED aew and vince against each other, vince paid more than he wanted to keep randy, aew did not. if it was as simple as orton's contract coming up and vince giving him a raise then sure nobody got played, but orton literally played the 2 sides against one another to get more money.

if it turns out orton gets some huge main event push i'll gladly admit i was wrong.