Page 952 of 1004 FirstFirst ... 4528529029429489499509519529539549559569621002 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 15059
  1. #14266
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I always remember when Morrison was done like shit the final months he was there. I think even he got fed up with how he was treated.

    If anyone doesn't remember...


    - Miz was World Champion and the company had spent some time building up a clash of the former WWE Tag team champions (Miz & Morrison). Anyhow they decided to do the most stupid possible deal with this and made Morrison realize how little the company viewed him then.


    - Miz was needing some big PPV matches to build to his Wrestlemania match against Cena. So the company decided to take the former tag team champions feuding and made them feud over free TV. Their hot blow off match was on a WWE RAW.


    - So what program was Miz given to really sell him as a BIG champion ? Was he pushed against Randy Orton , CM Punk , Edge or any of those guys ? FUCK NO....he was placed in a program to feud with Jerry Lawler and that became a PPV main event.

    Not only did Miz struggling to beat Lawler hurt his run during this , it pissed off Morrison who saw how the company viewed him and he would leave months later. Also nothing against Lawler but his program should have been the free match and done on RAW. While John Morrison should have been pushed into the PPV main event.

    Do I think the company regretted this later ? Yes , because a big issue they had was creating stars and why they had to start raiding TNA as we saw the last few years. If your alienating your core stars who you can build around then your screwing up. Hopefully this time Morrison is done right.
    I know some will disagree with me on this, but I do honestly think Lawler deserved ONE PPV world title shot. Just one. He's a legit legend and a good company man, who is probably more over than half the lockeroom. WHich isn't to say I think he should be given any sort of long term push or anything... but one PPV world title shot at a secondary PPV I think is something he deserved. No offense to Morrison, who I agree could have been pushed harder.

  2. #14267
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tessa Blanchard caused a shitstorm on twitter. She made an innocent tweet about women needing to support each other. This opened up the flood gates where her peers calling her out on her bullshit. Chalsea Green mentioned how she bullied her, Priscilla Kelly brought up how she bad mouthed to anyone with ears over incident that had nothing to do with her, Allysin Kay shared a story how Tessa said the n-word to a black woman who she worked with in Japan and spat in her face.

    EDIT: If anyone is interested in the tweets

    https://twitter.com/ImChelseaGreen/s...58204238630912
    https://twitter.com/Sienna/status/1216057780395827200
    https://twitter.com/priscillakelly_/...73625977217024
    https://twitter.com/laabusadoradepr/...268580353?s=21
    https://twitter.com/terracalaway/sta...850601473?s=21
    https://twitter.com/IslaDawn/status/1216088241688010752
    Maybe there was a reason WWE didn't sign Tessa back in the day, despite her obvious talent. If even half these claims are true, you don't necessarily want that in your lockeroom.

    Probably a good thing Tessa is mostly wrestling guys these days, given the legit heat the women in the lockeroom seem to have for her.

  3. #14268
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Maybe there was a reason WWE didn't sign Tessa back in the day, despite her obvious talent. If even half these claims are true, you don't necessarily want that in your lockeroom.

    Probably a good thing Tessa is mostly wrestling guys these days, given the legit heat the women in the lockeroom seem to have for her.
    Couple of people are verifying the stories so there's gonna be some truth there. You got people from all over calling out Tessa. Even some fans got some nasty Tessa stories. Tully had a lot of heat with the boys back in his day. Tessa takes after him in that respect.

  4. #14269
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    AAA's La Parka has passed away

  5. #14270
    Mighty Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - So what program was Miz given to really sell him as a BIG champion ? Was he pushed against Randy Orton , CM Punk , Edge or any of those guys ? FUCK NO....he was placed in a program to feud with Jerry Lawler and that became a PPV main event.
    ... but Miz did feud with Orton, he beat him for the title and then beat him in two PPVs(TLC and the Rumble). Punk cost Orton at the Rumble and was programmed against him for WM(plus, Punk was a heel, anyway). Edge was on SmackDown and also the World Heavyweight Champion along with feuding with Vickie Guerrero/Ziggler/ADR/Kane. Rey was also on SD, so there wasn't exactly a dearth of guys they could've lined up to help Miz's reign.

    Not only did Miz struggling to beat Lawler hurt his run during this , it pissed off Morrison who saw how the company viewed him and he would leave months later. Also nothing against Lawler but his program should have been the free match and done on RAW. While John Morrison should have been pushed into the PPV main event.
    And what did Morrison do to deserve a PPV main event? Be mediocre in the ring and hot garbage on the mic? Lawler at least had the cache of being a well-liked legend who had something they could use to justify it(never competing for the WWE Title on PPV). Also, they'd already run the Miz/Morrison feud after they broke up the team, so it's not like there was a whole lot of interest in running it back.

    Do I think the company regretted this later ? Yes , because a big issue they had was creating stars and why they had to start raiding TNA as we saw the last few years. If your alienating your core stars who you can build around then your screwing up. Hopefully this time Morrison is done right.
    Morrison was never going to be a star. Won't happen this time around either unless something catastrophic happens and a bunch of guys on SD all go out at the same time for an extended period of time. He wasn't good when both Lucha Underground and Impact pushed him to the top so I doubt he even sniffs the main event in WWE with so many guys who are far better than him ahead of him.

  6. #14271
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    13,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    ... but Miz did feud with Orton, he beat him for the title and then beat him in two PPVs(TLC and the Rumble). Punk cost Orton at the Rumble and was programmed against him for WM(plus, Punk was a heel, anyway). Edge was on SmackDown and also the World Heavyweight Champion along with feuding with Vickie Guerrero/Ziggler/ADR/Kane. Rey was also on SD, so there wasn't exactly a dearth of guys they could've lined up to help Miz's reign.



    And what did Morrison do to deserve a PPV main event? Be mediocre in the ring and hot garbage on the mic? Lawler at least had the cache of being a well-liked legend who had something they could use to justify it(never competing for the WWE Title on PPV). Also, they'd already run the Miz/Morrison feud after they broke up the team, so it's not like there was a whole lot of interest in running it back.



    Morrison was never going to be a star. Won't happen this time around either unless something catastrophic happens and a bunch of guys on SD all go out at the same time for an extended period of time. He wasn't good when both Lucha Underground and Impact pushed him to the top so I doubt he even sniffs the main event in WWE with so many guys who are far better than him ahead of him.
    You must have watched an entirely different John Morrison than what a lot of us saw. If you had said this early in his WWE career after MNM was split up...sure. But the Morrison by 2011 was a very solid worker and ok on the mic enough. His mic work wasn't spectacular but decent enough.

    He showed in Lucha Underground and Impact what the WWE missed on. He had good runs there.

    Honestly given how fucked this company can be with talent (EC3 sitting at home) if they screw up with Morrison again its on them. That is their fuck up.

    While Lawler was an ok legend , no way should you build your World Champion having problems beating a 50+ year old man clean. Its moronic as shit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  7. #14272
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    AAA's La Parka has passed away
    He never recovered from that botched dive from what I read. Such a damn shame. RIP

  8. #14273
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He never recovered from that botched dive from what I read. Such a damn shame. RIP
    dammit R.I.P
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  9. #14274
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,700

    Default

    Feuding miz against Lawler did miz no favors as a champion, didn’t really do anything for Lawler either, let’s not pretend there weren’t better options and remember they have a staff of people labeled as “creative “.

    Also just to be clear AAA la parka is not LA PARK aka the chairman of WCW. Still sad news.

  10. #14275
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,894

    Default

    even if he wasn't the original, i still loved watching la parka wrestle.

    RIP, my amigo.

  11. #14276
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    even if he wasn't the original, i still loved watching la parka wrestle.

    RIP, my amigo.
    I’m still sad about Mr Niebla.

  12. #14277
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    https://twitter.com/AdamColePro/stat...24617335885824
    not Naito not Okada not Omega not Rollins not WALTER #AdamColeBayBay

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    WALTER in NXT UK
    1 year now today
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-12-2020 at 07:19 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  13. #14278
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Couple of people are verifying the stories so there's gonna be some truth there. You got people from all over calling out Tessa. Even some fans got some nasty Tessa stories. Tully had a lot of heat with the boys back in his day. Tessa takes after him in that respect.
    Been hearing about this. I even heard she called another wrestler the N-word. Shes really a bully.


    Like father, like daughter.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-12-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  14. #14279
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You must have watched an entirely different John Morrison than what a lot of us saw. If you had said this early in his WWE career after MNM was split up...sure. But the Morrison by 2011 was a very solid worker and ok on the mic enough. His mic work wasn't spectacular but decent enough.

    He showed in Lucha Underground and Impact what the WWE missed on. He had good runs there.

    Honestly given how fucked this company can be with talent (EC3 sitting at home) if they screw up with Morrison again its on them. That is their fuck up.

    While Lawler was an ok legend , no way should you build your World Champion having problems beating a 50+ year old man clean. Its moronic as shit.
    Honestly I never saw Morrison as a top guy myself. He had a pretty cool look, and was obviously super athletic. But his mic skills were only just okay, and at least IMO he wasn't a guy that could pull off 4-5 star matches and steal the show on any given night. Honestly I can't think if any Morrison matches that really stood out to me in the WWE. Not that he was bad... but even back then there were people better than him (and that certainly can be said now only moreso). Not that I would have minded him getting more of a push... but I wasn't losing sleep over him not getting it.

    The only times I REALLY thought Morrison stood out was when he wa part of a package. With Melina or Miz, I think it created a more well rounded package that I think was able to generate more heat with the crowd. By himself, he seemed more IC level than World title level. In my opinion at least.

    And yes, I did see him in Impact and LU. He was fine. But to be blunt, the bar is lower there than it is in WWE. Almost any upper mid-card guy could (and likely would) main event there.

    All that said, I was a big fan of the Miz/Morrison tag team and they seem to be revisiting that. It's a very welcome addition to the tag team scene. Afterwards, who knows... maybe they can do something with him getting a big singles push too. Again, credit where credit is due... he is super athletic, and he looks the part.

  15. #14280
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Been hearing about this. I even heard she called another wrestler the N-word. Shes really a bully.


    Like father, like daughter.
    I read an incident where she was racist with a fan. She got into a shoot fight with Deonna Purrazzo in a battle royale
    https://twitter.com/enfantsquid/stat...47795360538626

    Apparently, they continued it when they got to the back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •