Page 885 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 385785835875881882883884885886887888889895935985 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    An episode of NWA power got pulled cause of cornette saying a racist line
    http://nodq.com/news/576217645.shtml...SRsKq-5JLY6feo
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nwa+power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hsdKmWkn_M&t
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-19-2019 at 11:43 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's his own fault. The talent come up with their own names.
    I've heard different things there. I remember one guy showing the list of names he was given to choose from. I've wondered for years how they decide who gets to keep their names
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not 100% convinced AEW can handle a womens division better than the WWE.

It's perfectly fine in that we're getting reasonably talent wrestlers putting out reasonably solid enough matches. But they're not doing a great job creating stars or getting the audience emotionally invested IMO.

I'm 100% sure Kairi would have an easier time having a top spot in AEW than the WWE, but that's not necessarily because they book their women better. It could entirely stem from there not really being any competition for her at the top spot. In AEW she's not competing with Becky Lynch or Charlotte Flair or Sasha Banks. She can step over Riho and Brit Baker without breaking a sweat honestly. Riho is sort of a poor mans Kairi, and Brits entire character is based around being an dentist. A freaking dentist. That's what she's competing with in AEW. She or any other top WWE female star would be running the division in a week and a half.
    Can you name a great female talent who has been horribly misused or berryed in aww??
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I will go you one better, Vince does a piss poor job of booking most non English speaking performers. While funny enough HHH has no problem doing this.Io is one of the biggest stars on NXT.

I assume Kong can work a basic match or why sign her. She would have to be carried, but that's fine for a monster heel who is twice the size of most her competition.

When I have a champ, I want to know how much momentum a performer would get by beating them. Beating Riho doesn't mean much other than becoming the new champ. Kind of like beating Tony Nese for the cruiserweight title.

AEW hasn't been around long enough to say that they know how to push Japanese talent. They don't have a Japanese star yet.

Both Riho and Kairi are champs of poorly run divisions IMHO.
    Riho is over as champion though, she's Japanese and a star in the promotion. I wouldn't say the division is run poorly, nobody is getting berryed or misused, it just isn't as good as it could be imo. And I think that could change in time as talent gets more established in their roles and create history with one another.

Also I think beating riho for the title could do a hell of a lot to get heat on a heel.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

knew this was coming.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

Can you name a great female talent who has been horribly misused or berryed in aww??

Riho is over as champion though, she's Japanese and a star in the promotion. I wouldn't say the division is run poorly, nobody is getting berryed or misused, it just isn't as good as it could be imo. And I think that could change in time as talent gets more established in their roles and create history with one another.

Also I think beating riho for the title could do a hell of a lot to get heat on a heel.
    Honestly, I don't see a great female talent working at AEW other than Kong. Maybe I am being harsh, but out of TNA,NXT,NWA,SMACKDOWN, and RAW. I care the least about the AEW women. I care about Brandi a bit, but that's just because she is my flavor

Speaking of women. While I abhior men vs women matches, I truly hate a quality big man being put to pasture. The match between Tessa and Brian Cage was ridiculous.

Cage is Impacts Brock, and you have him lose clean to Tessa. You do nothing to protect him at all.

We talk about being buried, much like HITC match killed Seths curp stomo, the #1 contenders match on TNA killed Cages whole entire offense.

Tessa can take Cages offense but can't take Riho( for example) . She didn't outsmart Cage. At points, she dominated him. I wouldn't have Lio Rush dominate Braun.

Just earlier, a powerhouse like Jordyn Grace had problems taking out Johnny Bravo( a non wrestler). Johnny Friggin Bravo got more protected than Brian Cage.

I hope somebody gets Cage out of that promotion.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 11-20-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

knew this was coming.
    Cornette and his fanbase is getting torn a new ******* on Twitter. Can't say that it's undeserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cornette and his fanbase is getting torn a new ******* on Twitter. Can't say that it's undeserved.
    i feel bad for brian. he really looked up to corny and then he does this?

whatever happens to him after this mess, you can't say he didn;t deserve it.

Astonishing Member

i feel bad for brian. he really looked up to corny and then he does this?

whatever happens to him after this mess, you can't say he didn;t deserve it.
    I am entertained by Corny, but he rides that line like no other, and he like you say, it's his own fault for the repercussions of his actions.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Corgan should have never hired Cornette anyhow. Given his track record and what he's done the last decade. Cornette is good for old stories of the past , but his view of modern day is beyond silly. Corgan knew the dangers of this move really , he had to know. Since we have seen the last 2 decades of Jim being tossed from TNA , ROH and MLW over issues.

Go get Mike Teney if you want an old school type announcer to sell someone who isn't gonna say racist crap in a modern day setting.

Also as much as Zane is wounded Jim blocked him on Twitter....well Jim Cornette has blocked a ton of people on Twitter . Its what he does after he insults them. I mean Zane may have idolized Cornette but to not realize he would be blocked the moment he crossed him is funny.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

looks like corny is gone from NWA. from what i'm seeing, he just resigned.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This seems to be off NWA's website...

https://www.nationalwrestlingallianc...tling-alliance
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I've heard different things there. I remember one guy showing the list of names he was given to choose from. I've wondered for years how they decide who gets to keep their names

That's the thing... you can't really say any of the female wresters in AEW are horribly misuded or buried when none of them are stars (except Kong I guess). They're just kinda there for the most part. It's not that bad, and it's not that good. It just kinda is. Except Riho I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Corgan should have never hired Cornette anyhow. Given his track record and what he's done the last decade. Cornette is good for old stories of the past , but his view of modern day is beyond silly. Corgan knew the dangers of this move really , he had to know. Since we have seen the last 2 decades of Jim being tossed from TNA , ROH and MLW over issues.

Go get Mike Teney if you want an old school type announcer to sell someone who isn't gonna say racist crap in a modern day setting.

Also as much as Zane is wounded Jim blocked him on Twitter....well Jim Cornette has blocked a ton of people on Twitter . Its what he does after he insults them. I mean Zane may have idolized Cornette but to not realize he would be blocked the moment he crossed him is funny.
    Since NWA is a taped show, more than anything they should have simply edited the broadcast. This would have all been completely moot if NWA did a better job producing their program.

looks like corny is gone from NWA. from what i'm seeing, he just resigned.
    I was just going to post that the countdown to Jim Cornette being fired from yet another wrestling promotion has commenced.

But I guess it is already over!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Honestly, I don't see a great female talent working at AEW other than Kong. Maybe I am being harsh, but out of TNA,NXT,NWA,SMACKDOWN, and RAW. I care the least about the AEW women. I care about Brandi a bit, but that's just because she is my flavor

Speaking of women. While I abhior men vs women matches, I truly hate a quality big man being put to pasture. The match between Tessa and Brian Cage was ridiculous.

Cage is Impacts Brock, and you have him lose clean to Tessa. You do nothing to protect him at all.

We talk about being buried, much like HITC match killed Seths curp stomo, the #1 contenders match on TNA killed Cages whole entire offense.

Tessa can take Cages offense but can't take Riho( for example) . She didn't outsmart Cage. At points, she dominated him. I wouldn't have Lio Rush dominate Braun.

Just earlier, a powerhouse like Jordyn Grace had problems taking out Johnny Bravo( a non wrestler). Johnny Friggin Bravo got more protected than Brian Cage.

I hope somebody gets Cage out of that promotion.
    Cage kicked out of Tessa's big finisher, still had the strength afterwards to catch her in mid-air when she tried it again, hurl her across the ring, and only lost via surprise roll-up. I'd say that they did protect him.

Also it's not the first time that they've faced each other either.

Astonishing Member

It was, but was it really any less ridiculous than all of the XXX vs. Brock Lesnar or Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show matches? (Or Big Show vs. Little Person) stuff that all went on. Hornswoggle won the Cruiserweight title!