Page 1276 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2767761176122612661272127312741275127612771278127912801286 ... LastLast
Results 19,126 to 19,140 of 19298
    Mighty Member

Default Smackdown 11/27

Smackdown 11/27

All told not a bad episode.

Aside from the pre-match bloviating, the Mysterio family was...actually kind of entertaining. Initially, I was cringing when they showed up at ringside for Murphy/Corbin.

But, if they are going to be heels (and spent less time on pre-match bloviating), I can live with it.

Turning them heel would be consistent with Rollins' (likely imminent) face turn. And, Rey's eye seems to have...uh regrown, effectively undoing one of Rollins' worse bad actions.

I almost want Bailey on commentary more consistently, maybe moving Cole back stage. (If WWE is going to keep pushing Kayla Braxton as a celebrity reporter, they need to replace Renee Young for the "hard" news.)

Street Prophets are growing on me. (I really want to see them wrestle Lucha House Party.)

What happened to Shinsuke and Caesaro?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

Xavier Woods: "Where are the other tag teams?!?!?" line was hilarious. Says the same thing everyone else is thinking.

Ultimate Member

Drew vs. AJ, YES!!

So Alexa might be The Fiend’s one weakness, interesting.

Elias vs. Jeff was fun.

Cedric potentially going nuts, interesting.

Mia losing her first match on Raw, to Dana. Wow that’s Dumb.

So logically Asuka and Lana should win the tag belts at TLC, with Lana putting Nia through a table. That’d make the most sense given the story so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Mia losing her first match on Raw, to Dana. Wow that’s Dumb.
    It's not Mia, it's Reckoning! After this Retribution storyline is over, there's going to be a bunch of people who are going to move on like they were never in this storyline to begin with.

(Like Husky Harris)

Why would Ali flip out at Yim for her loss? That's all Retribution does. If he did it to all the other members as well it would make sense.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Was it just me or was Keith Lee doing some almost heel like moves in the triple threat match? I found it odd that the triple treat match featured two faces and one heel, to face the over baby face champ. We know how much Vince doesn't do face vs face stuff too often so AJ's win was obvious, until I saw Keith Lee the giant monster of the match doing some if not outright heelish moves then very heel adjacent. Which makes me wonder if the Limitless one might in fact be the perfect recruit for the Hurt Business to go after the World Title. I know Vince might want to see how big Keith can get as a face before the live audiences but you can't drag out storytelling until the Covid issue passes, which is why Bailey Sasha had to come to a head. Keith backed by the Hurt Business might be a big enough threat to Drew in Raw all the way till Wrestlemania season. It is also a big enough threat to require Drew to drop the lone wolf act and find a few friends though there aren't many good enough to fend off the Hurt Business/Keith Lee combo. That being said my dream new member of the Hurt Business is Samoa Joe.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 12-01-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Why would Ali flip out at Yim for her loss? That's all Retribution does. If he did it to all the other members as well it would make sense.
    From what I read, he flipped out on her for getting unmasked.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Pat Patterson passed away this morning

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/02/wwe-l...gay-superstar/

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

impact is about to get a massive spike in ratings next week.

Amazing Member

AEW and Impact working relationship!?!? If they exchange talent AEW gets a really good pool of Women wrestlers to work with. Some more good Tag Teams like the Good Brothers and the North, plus Callihan, Edwards, Storm, Sabin. And the whole thing is a huge plus to Impact.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    I recently looked over the list of people who held the Impact Wrestling World title(2007-present) and I have to say that the lineage is kinda impressive, if not underrated.
    Really underappreciated. The lows in the company history really blinded people. At one point you had Roode, Storm, Angle, EC3, Lashley, Galloway, the Hardy's, The Wolves, Moose, Mike Bennett, Eli Drake in the main event picture or hovering around it and people would not watch cause it came after the GFW invasion mess.

Then a bunch of people left but eventually another high came with John Morrison, Aries, Pentagon, Brian Cage, Callihan, Killer Kross. This period was kinda short a lot of people didnt stayed long.

Impacts ability to survive and put on surprisingly good shows is tremendous. Their big problem is that they keep getting raised or aren't able to lock big talent down.

Amazing Member

Sting debuts for AEW.

Still salty he never had a photoshoot or face off with the Undertaker. Not a match but just some interaction when they were both there.

Ultimate Member

Kenny showing up on Impact with the AEW belt would be EPIC!! I did NOT see this swerve coming.

Also Sting in AEW, also awesome!!

Dr. Britt vs. Keyla was good and the latter needs to be signed ASAP.

Dissension in the Inner Circle.

Shida being spooked by Abadon is interesting and she sells it well.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    Really underappreciated. The lows in the company history really blinded people. At one point you had Roode, Storm, Angle, EC3, Lashley, Galloway, the Hardy's, The Wolves, Moose, Mike Bennett, Eli Drake in the main event picture or hovering around it and people would not watch cause it came after the GFW invasion mess.

Then a bunch of people left but eventually another high came with John Morrison, Aries, Pentagon, Brian Cage, Callihan, Killer Kross. This period was kinda short a lot of people didnt stayed long.

Impacts ability to survive and put on surprisingly good shows is tremendous. Their big problem is that they keep getting raised or aren't able to lock big talent down.
    Right now Anthem is back spending money on the company with Good Brothers and EC3 signed as we saw. So the company is out there spending money. It also makes me question the deal of this kind. Love or hate Impact , it currently is the #3 wrestling company right now in America. AEW is the 2nd. So the 2 coming together for an Invasion angle which guys will move back and forth is a pretty big deal as were gonna see. How did Khan and Anthem work this one out ?

AEW needed a big storyline , Impact needed a big storyline. The 2 doing this is a good move for things to spur interest in products. It also makes me wonder if ...if Anthem is looking to unload the company now. We know AEW isn't going away but Impact itself isn't a big earner for Anthem. In fact the company is not where it once was back in the day and just was bought for its overseas TV deals and TV for Anthem. (The TV library and more was just to keep tv producing) .

If Anthem is gonna sell the company out . Khan buying it for the TV library and allowing Anthem to air the old TNA/Impact episodes in a deal would help. AEW would inherit a pretty solid roster of Main Event talent. Your getting Sami Callihan , Eddie Edwards , RVD , EC3 , Moose and Ken Shamrock to work with the AEW ones of Chris Jericho , Moxley , Omega , and Cody Rhodes.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    Sting debuts for AEW.

Still salty he never had a photoshoot or face off with the Undertaker. Not a match but just some interaction when they were both there.
    This has me question exactly what Sting's role is gonna be ? I mean it was a nice great debut for damn sure. But a big issue is ...what exactly does Sting do in AEW ? He's not a manager type ? AEW doesn't have a GM role.

If Sting's rumors are true , back in July he wanted to come back for 1 last wrestling run and hinted at it in tweets. The WWE obviously was too scared to put Sting in ring as we know. But if the tweets are true ...Sting is coming back to get in ring. Hopefully AEW has good doctors to get him checked out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player