Page 1278 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 278778117812281268127412751276127712781279128012811282 ... LastLast
Results 19,156 to 19,170 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that's an overstatement, look at the buzz and xcitement it's already created. will he get his money worth?? idk, probably not but it's still not just throwing money away.
    He is gonna wrestle? Will he be manager? Join the booking team or be involved in a backstage role somehow? T-shirt sales are short term.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    AEW's main event scene has no lack of depth, they have established top guys and plenty who could slide into the main event rather seamlessly. impact is the one lacking depth in the main event. i mean rich swann is the champ and you didn't even mention him for fuks sake..
    Lets examine AEW depth that you brought up....

Chris Jericho
    Jon Moxley
    Matt Hardy
    Kenny Omega
    Cody Rhodes * (Storyline wise he wrote himself out of the title picture)

Now you could say Hangman Page but the company booked him after his title match pretty much as a mid-card and tag team guy after it. Darby Allen isn't there yet and if stories are true Sting wants to work with him to elevate him good. But its gonna take some work there to do it. Brian Cage is running an angle where as a monster he's working against Cody and defending teh FTW belt awhile. He needs time to grow. Rusev just debuted and will need some time in mid-card 1st. Brodie Lee want the AEW TNT Championship but really dropped it before he could build his monster reputation enough to elevate up. MJF ...just feuded with Jericho but the match its said didn't help either guy so he needs more time before you push him to a world title.

Yes I forgot Rich Swann was Impact World Champion but given that when I last watched in August/September it was Eddie Edwards or Eric Young who was champion then. Swann I have no idea how he'll do , he became champion last month.

Its true EC3 just left the company in November. He finished up with his limited program with Moose and debuted in Ring of Honor. Still this is Impact's world champion depth chart.

Sami Callihan
    Moose
    Eddie Edwards
    Eric Young (as an insane guy)
    Ken Shamrock*
    Rich Swann *

Impact still has a decent depth chart here that AEW could still use. They have Edwards , Callihan , Young and Moose. With Shamrock as the old veteran hand to put guys over. Swann is a new champion and well he's getting his chance after everyone has. Lets look at mid-card

Rhino as a former ECW World Champion and NWA World Champion. Now its been a few years since he has been a World Champion for sure. He currently is in mid-card. But all it would take is a manager and to make Rhino the old ECW style killer that Heyman had built. Crazzy Steve is back and was getting a lot of attention before he departed for WWE awhile back. But he's back and needs time in mid-card. Chris Sabin is back with Alex Shelley in tag team as we know. Both men could need time in mid-card to get a shot again.

But those guys take time to build like the AEW mid-carders. But depth wise , Impact and AEW would benefit from this invasion angle.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Lets examine AEW depth that you brought up....

Chris Jericho
    Jon Moxley
    Matt Hardy
    Kenny Omega
    Cody Rhodes * (Storyline wise he wrote himself out of the title picture)

Now you could say Hangman Page but the company booked him after his title match pretty much as a mid-card and tag team guy after it. Darby Allen isn't there yet and if stories are true Sting wants to work with him to elevate him good. But its gonna take some work there to do it. Brian Cage is running an angle where as a monster he's working against Cody and defending teh FTW belt awhile. He needs time to grow. Rusev just debuted and will need some time in mid-card 1st. Brodie Lee want the AEW TNT Championship but really dropped it before he could build his monster reputation enough to elevate up. MJF ...just feuded with Jericho but the match its said didn't help either guy so he needs more time before you push him to a world title.
    1st take matt hardy out, and cody can still main event anytime just not for the world title. after that you have

omega, moxley, and jericho have been champion. then you have kingston, cage, brodie, archer, and hager who have all been contenders to the title but are fresh match ups for omega as champion. then there's cassidy and MJF who are each one match away from a title shot. then there's penta, pac, page & miro any of whom could be built as contender with pretty minimal effort, especially penta, pac & page considering past matches against omega.

omega
    moxley
    jericho
    kingston
    brodie
    cage
    archer
    hager
    cassidy or mjf
    pac
    page
    penta
    miro

that's over 10 deep guys who can(most've whom have) main event and would require no more time to build than any of impacts top guys.

Yes I forgot Rich Swann was Impact World Champion but given that when I last watched in August/September it was Eddie Edwards or Eric Young who was champion then. Swann I have no idea how he'll do , he became champion last month.
    the fact that swann won the title at impacts biggest ppv of the year and you have no idea how he will do speaks volumes about their lack of depth

Its true EC3 just left the company in November. He finished up with his limited program with Moose and debuted in Ring of Honor. Still this is Impact's world champion depth chart.

Sami Callihan
    Moose
    Eddie Edwards
    Eric Young (as an insane guy)
    Ken Shamrock*
    Rich Swann *

Impact still has a decent depth chart here that AEW could still use. They have Edwards , Callihan , Young and Moose. With Shamrock as the old veteran hand to put guys over. Swann is a new champion and well he's getting his chance after everyone has. Lets look at mid-card
    i love sami but to be honest his work has suffered in recent years, also think very highly of edwards but he's become very stale, EY and doering could be good. swann is a great midcard guy but imo not main event or credible as a challenger for any who's held the aew world title. moose and shamrock will not work in an aew main event and just make the promotion look 2nd rate.

i think some aew midcard guys could do a lot for impacts depth at both main event and x-division levels.

Rhino as a former ECW World Champion and NWA World Champion. Now its been a few years since he has been a World Champion for sure. He currently is in mid-card. But all it would take is a manager and to make Rhino the old ECW style killer that Heyman had built. Crazzy Steve is back and was getting a lot of attention before he departed for WWE awhile back. But he's back and needs time in mid-card. Chris Sabin is back with Alex Shelley in tag team as we know. Both men could need time in mid-card to get a shot again.

But those guys take time to build like the AEW mid-carders. But depth wise , Impact and AEW would benefit from this invasion angle.
    about rhino and steve.......no, just no not by any means.

impact stands to gain much more than aew by an invasion angle. an invasion that is even remotely successful implies that the promotions are on an equal level.

again my personal preference would be a working agreement and talent xchange.

It's been reported that Sting won't take any bumps. That would rule him out as a wrestler and ringside manager.

I can see them using Sting as some kind of authority figure. I don't want to see that, as I think the whole authority/gm stuff is played out, but I can see them doing it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

He could just bat people and SDD them if they get out of line.

He is good at no-selling, too.

Plus, he could just drop his Sting Army if they get out of line.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He could just bat people and SDD them if they get out of line.

He is good at no-selling, too.

Plus, he could just drop his Sting Army if they get out of line.
    Now that you mention it, he is friends with Robocop.....

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I can see them using Sting as some kind of authority figure. I don't want to see that, as I think the whole authority/gm stuff is played out, but I can see them doing it.
    Having an authority figure in AEW is pointless because we know who runs the company. We know Cody, the Bucks and Omega are executive vice presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Having an authority figure in AEW is pointless because we know who runs the company. We know Cody, the Bucks and Omega are executive vice presidents.
    We all know Vince runs WWE but we still had people like Teddy Long and Bischoff. All you have to do is have Cody come out and say "I give this guy the authority to do stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    We all know Vince runs WWE but we still had people like Teddy Long and Bischoff. All you have to do is have Cody come out and say "I give this guy the authority to do stuff."
    Vince isn't an active wrestler or on air personality while the Elite are. They are on Dynamite every week. Commentary often brings up Tony Khan if any decrees need to be made. AEW has zero need for an authority figure.

Vince isn't an active wrestler or on air personality while the Elite are. They are on Dynamite every week. Commentary often brings up Tony Khan if any decrees need to be made. AEW has zero need for an authority figure.
    Agreed. As I said, I don't want them to do it. I can just see them doing it.

Sting can be an enforcer.

And who says he can't manage with no bumps?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sting can be an enforcer.

And who says he can't manage with no bumps?
    The guys around Sting is gonna look foolish if they can't attack him. Arn and Tully take the occasional bump. What good is Sting gonna be as manager if he can't be neutralized?

The guys around Sting is gonna look foolish if they can't attack him. Arn and Tully take the occasional bump. What good is Sting gonna be as manager if he can't be neutralized?
    Put a bunch of salt on the ground.

Then he can't cross unless invited.

Jokes aside, Sting requested a cinematic match with Undertaker before leaving WWE in May. He has trained in "Hollywood falls" which is different than wrestling and has a stunt team that was prepared to go. He would not take direct hits or bumps. Any big falls would come from his team of people. He just can't fall without a body switch or take head hits. So no back bumps. He could grapple and do other things.

Sounds like he might be doing that in AEW now since Vince poo poo'd that. Also sounds like he is doing that with Cody and Darby.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-04-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Best thing I've seen out of Sting appearance in AEW

https://twitter.com/ThatRetro/status...27908951961600