Page 794 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 294694744784790791792793794795796797798804844894 ... LastLast
Results 11,896 to 11,910 of 19298
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    This is a public forum, not a private conversation. When you make a fool of yourself anyone can comment on it
    Lol

Immortal has already proven that it was a burial, and you have no response to his proof except nu uh
    He hasn't, but keeping thinking that way. Last I checked, Kofi didn't get kicked out of New Day and/or busted down to being a barely visible jobber, so yeah, still waiting on that proof. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Losing a match can be a burial. Kofi didn't look strong, he was treated as an afterthought as soon as it ended, Cain will be Brock's focus moving into Crown Jewel.The guy they spent the 7 months building into a credible champion is made to look like a guy you see in the jobber paradise chasing after the 24/7 title.
    There's no brightside for Kofi here. Legit burial right here.
    It depends on the circumstances. Booker losing to Hunter at WM 19 was a burial because everything that happened storyline-wise pointed to Booker winning, Goldberg news aside. Kofi got ran over by the guy that's been built-up as the biggest monster to ever come through the company on basically two weeks notice. It's ultra-shitty for Kofi obviously, but it's pretty in-line with Brock's booking. Also, why would they focus on the loser of the title match? The WWE rarely ever does that outside of storyline purposes. Pretty weird thing to use to say that someone got buried.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I don't know about a burial but Kofi deserved to lose it in a better fashion.
    I was hoping for something close to their Beast in the East match, personally.

Astonishing Member

You can say that Kofi losing the way that he did has now kept him "hot". There's a desire he was disrespected again and fans don't want him to fall back down into the mid card. He was starting to cool off before that loss.

Astonishing Member

The Cain guy MAYBE if he's actually ready to perform in a WWE ring, though I doubt that would actually be a title match.
    He's been already training before he was signed, and got rave reviews for his showing at an AAA match. Still new--who knows if he can carry a singles match, but apparently he has a high-flying style.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    You can say that Kofi losing the way that he did has now kept him "hot". There's a desire he was disrespected again and fans don't want him to fall back down into the mid card. He was starting to cool off before that loss.
    THat's honestly my guess. I think this will actually generate a surge of fan support for him, which will help him stay "hot." Or at least that's what I'm guessing... crowd reaction can sometimes be hard to anticipate, so this sort of thing isn't a given.

For underdogs who are allegedly held down or whatever, the chase is always the exciting part. It's the heroes journey... once they accomplsih that, there's always a risk they will cool off a bit. So this potentially will get Kofi back to his pre-Wrestlemania heat. Potentially at least.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    He's been already training before he was signed, and got rave reviews for his showing at an AAA match. Still new--who knows if he can carry a singles match, but apparently he has a high-flying style.
    Carrying a singles match fora high profile Brock Lesnar match is a lot of pressure. But it's cool to hear this guy seemingly can go in the ring. I'm a bit more curious to see him and Brock go at it now.

Ultimate Member

Brock's "monster" status took a big hit when Seth, who's like half his size, beat him CLEAN despite them playing up Seth being injured going into the match. That match, makes the Kofi thing look even worse honestly.

There's no reason why they couldn't have given Kofi at least a performance like say, Finn Balor, got against Brock at the RR.

Also I think that many fans are just tired of Vince screwing over full-time talent just to make part-timers and "special attractions" look good in-general.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its very short sighted to book special attractions and barely appearing workers over your full-time stars. Because its about building this generation to do the honors for the generation that follows. If the Attitude Era was like this right now with Vince , he would be putting Hulk Hogan over Rock at Wrestlemania and would have Hogan bury half the roster. Then he realized the importance of building that eras generation of stars. Now its like...**** em. I got Brock and Undertaker.

Ala a Verne Gagne those guys are getting old.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its very short sighted to book special attractions and barely appearing workers over your full-time stars. Because its about building this generation to do the honors for the generation that follows. If the Attitude Era was like this right now with Vince , he would be putting Hulk Hogan over Rock at Wrestlemania and would have Hogan bury half the roster. Then he realized the importance of building that eras generation of stars. Now its like...**** em. I got Brock and Undertaker.

Ala a Verne Gagne those guys are getting old.
    Brock SELECTIVELY puts people over. He did end up losing to Roman and Seth. But that's pretty much it.

Cena and Brock show the 2 different models of using established guys to put people over. Cena and this point pretty much puts over anyone and everyone. And that gives a lot of up and coming guys wins over a guy who arguably is the greatest of all time. The problem being Cena loses so often, that beating him doesn't mean as much. In fact I think at this point people pretty much expect Cena to lose. So while he still have value, it's watered down. Brock almost never loses... the downside of course being he doesn't put people over that often. But when he does, it means much more than beating Cena because it's so rare. WHen you beat Brock, that's the WWE basically saying you're THE guy.

There's a sort of trade off there. ANd honestly it's probably better to have both.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well Billy Corgan has set up his NWA POWERRR studio show that will be in Atlanta GA now. While I like the look of what Corgan is doing. He wants to be different and is doing this as the attempt at it. I still don't see the wisdom of putting the NWA World tag team titles on Rock N Roll Express. Which is a nice little 1 night deal as a homage to them as 9 time tag team champions.

But no way should they be long term champions and I speak as an older fan who loved their work. Both men are in their 60's.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Brock's "monster" status took a big hit when Seth, who's like half his size, beat him CLEAN despite them playing up Seth being injured going into the match. That match, makes the Kofi thing look even worse honestly.

There's no reason why they couldn't have given Kofi at least a performance like say, Finn Balor, got against Brock at the RR.

Also I think that many fans are just tired of Vince screwing over full-time talent just to make part-timers and "special attractions" look good in-general.
    not just finn but AJ, seth, DB and a few others. so there is no excuse that they couldn't let kofi have a proper match with brock, instead of getting squashed and treated like a after-thought.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

according to a report, the squash came directly from vince. many officials objected to the squash but not the result. but vince went ahead and booked it anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    according to a report, the squash came directly from vince. many officials objected to the squash but not the result. but vince went ahead and booked it anyway.
    SurprisedKirk.jpg

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    It depends on the circumstances. Booker losing to Hunter at WM 19 was a burial because everything that happened storyline-wise pointed to Booker winning, Goldberg news aside. Kofi got ran over by the guy that's been built-up as the biggest monster to ever come through the company on basically two weeks notice. It's ultra-shitty for Kofi obviously, but it's pretty in-line with Brock's booking. Also, why would they focus on the loser of the title match? The WWE rarely ever does that outside of storyline purposes. Pretty weird thing to use to say that someone got buried.
    As soon Brock won the match Rey came out with Cain. They didn't even let the win sink in before immediately moving on. It closed the book on Kofi real quick. It didn't leave any room for Kofi to continue the program.