Page 1245 of 1263 FirstFirst ... 2457451145119512351241124212431244124512461247124812491255 ... LastLast
Results 18,661 to 18,675 of 18939
  1. #18661
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Sympathetic Sasha.... bah.

    I get the reasoning. (WWE needs her to be a face for new fans, especially because she is involved with Star Wars.) But, this ruined one of my favorite tag teams.

    What is the plan for Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross? Nikki was dressed on her "going heel" outfit. Alexa is conflicted, but going heel...but has a podcast.

    Lacey as a heel is one of my current favorite things. (But, where is Naomi?)


    Jeff Hardy might be sick of the insanity surrounding the Intercontinental belt, but it is so much fun to watch.

    Con: They're pretending Covid doesn't exist.
    So? Why does WWE need to build the pandemic in to a high profile angle?

    Caesaro v/s Metalik (with their respective cohorts) is fast becoming the thing I don't want WWE creative to screw up.


    A few weeks ago, somebody said they were expecting Roman and Uso to team up. The way that Heyman was looking at them both seems to support that.
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  2. #18662
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm assuming that all of the talent are tested right before the show...(and hopefully stopped doing stupid stuff like going to bars)
    No, what I mean is that they're pretending that Sami left for no reason instead of because there was a pandemic

  3. #18663
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post



    So? Why does WWE need to build the pandemic in to a high profile angle?
    Considering the way the company is currently being operated and some the wrestlers and personalities disappearing from TV is all because of covid pretending like it didn't effect their little bubble is highly disingenuous. Would it hurt them to say that's why there's no fans, why Apollo Crews disappeared for a month in the middle of his biggest feud?

  4. #18664
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, what I mean is that they're pretending that Sami left for no reason instead of because there was a pandemic
    I think that POTENTIALLY creates a scenario where SOME might judge him one way or the other for not showing up to work while others did. Not saying it's fair to do that, but building it into the narrative will only increase the odds of that happening. It PROBABLY wouldn't be a big deal if they mentioned it... but I think it's simpler to simply not

  5. #18665
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, what I mean is that they're pretending that Sami left for no reason instead of because there was a pandemic
    Because that gives him too much of a point and makes the company looks like the bad guys. (Which they would be if the title were real)

  6. #18666
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    about thunder rosa and ivelise, i thought the match started off rough with some miscommunication but ended up alright. from what i hear though they were having some kind of disagreements going into the match and there may have been some shooting during the match that was edited out. imo neither seemed to want to sell for the other at the start.
    There's a couple of gifs going around of Ivelissa clearly not selling and looking bored in the match. Too much fixing her hair. If they write her out before next week (or she eats the pin and we never hear from her again) you know there was something.

    To me, they should have brought an AEW girl to challenge for Thunder Rosa's title, that would have been fair.

  7. #18667
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    On the one hand, having Sasha mention that she's coming for Bayley's title does make it screamingly obvious that Nikki isn't going to win it. Again.

    On the other hand, because it does seem that obvious, perhaps there is a swerve coming. Let's say Sasha interferes at Clash of Champions. Nothing huge, no immediate miraculous recovery, but she does just enough to influence the outcome, leading to a Nikki win. Which in itself would be a nice bit of symmetry, particularly after Nikki mentioned it was Sasha's presence that cost her the victory in her previous title matches.

    So Sasha would have done what she promised and effectively taken Bayley's title away, albeit indirectly. The title then goes over to the imminent Nikki/Alexa feud for a while (which I'm really hoping will see Nikki be the one that turns but that's probably wishful swerving). In the meantime, Sasha and Bayley's history is big enough that don't need to feud over the title straight away. Then you have Sasha win the title from Nikki (or whoever) in February of next year. That way, when Bayley and Sasha have their blowout match at Wrestlemania, it's not about Sasha winning the title. Instead, you make it all about the one thing that Sasha has never done - Succesfully defending it.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 09-19-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

    "Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

  8. #18668
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,466

    Default


    Considering the way the company is currently being operated and some the wrestlers and personalities disappearing from TV is all because of covid pretending like it didn't effect their little bubble is highly disingenuous. Would it hurt them to say that's why there's no fans, why Apollo Crews disappeared for a month in the middle of his biggest feud?
    I am nevee going to understand the fixation that some people have with the show side of wrestling needing to reflect backstage practicalities.

    No talent is actually being cheated. We are getting a, thus far, entertaining angle.

    Referencing current events would add nothing, an probably come across as poncy virtue signalling.

    The title then goes over to the imminent Nikki/Alexa feud for a while (which I'm really hoping will see Nikki be the one that turns but that's probably wishful swerving). In the meantime, Sasha and Bayley's history is big enough that don't need to feud over the title straight away.
    I like where you are generally going with this. But, could Nikki actually be a convincing heel? I suspect that WWE was teasing it, but thought better of a heel turn because she wouldn't work as a heel. (Then again, if you told me two years ago that Akexa would be a credible face I would have laughed. So, I dunno.)
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  9. #18669
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,584

    Default

    Not having Sasha vs. Bayley be the title feud would be monumentally stupid on WWE's part.

  10. #18670
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Not having Sasha vs. Bayley be the title feud would be monumentally stupid on WWE's part.
    Because you don't think Sasha and Bayley could sell a feud for a couple of months without the title as a crutch?

    Your faith in them is truly overwhelming.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

    "Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

  11. #18671
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I am nevee going to understand the fixation that some people have with the show side of wrestling needing to reflect backstage practicalities.

    No talent is actually being cheated. We are getting a, thus far, entertaining angle.

    Referencing current events would add nothing, an probably come across as poncy virtue signalling.



    I like where you are generally going with this. But, could Nikki actually be a convincing heel? I suspect that WWE was teasing it, but thought better of a heel turn because she wouldn't work as a heel. (Then again, if you told me two years ago that Akexa would be a credible face I would have laughed. So, I dunno.)
    Real world events is the reason why the product is in the current state it's in. How is simply telling the truth virtue signaling?

  12. #18672
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,483

    Default

    If they were going to put real world into this, they should have had Sami doing promos from home and made it quite clear that he was really able to defend his title, but was using the real world as an excuse not to.

    Once Jeff saw him, they should have done a story where Jeff admits "You got screwed, let's wrestle for the title" and Sami is like "Let's not wrestle for it, I'm the Champ!"

  13. #18673
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Because you don't think Sasha and Bayley could sell a feud for a couple of months without the title as a crutch?

    Your faith in them is truly overwhelming.
    There's no need for it, it should be the title feud and it's what most fans want to see as the title feud.

  14. #18674
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If they were going to put real world into this, they should have had Sami doing promos from home and made it quite clear that he was really able to defend his title, but was using the real world as an excuse not to.

    Once Jeff saw him, they should have done a story where Jeff admits "You got screwed, let's wrestle for the title" and Sami is like "Let's not wrestle for it, I'm the Champ!"


    They could have had some comedic fun with this as Sami would be sitting in his backyard drinking a beer . "Look I have had numerous title defenses in my lock down !" And you can have him wearing a mask with him beating an outta shape mail man (mask too) and others for effect.

    "Whew , see you tomorrow for our rematch !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  15. #18675
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    That would have been funny.

    But, I cannot blame WWE for wanting to stay away from it. The pandemic has become overly politicized, on top of simply being intrusive. WWE is probably banking that people want their lives back.

    And, using the pandemic in an angle (especially an angle about a feckless heel dodging work) might draw the ire of frothing activists. Those frothing activists have time on their hands, and might be able to convince USA or Fox to punish WWE.

    Real world events is the reason why the product is in the current state it's in. How is simply telling the truth virtue signaling?
    The current state of the product is because of poor creative decisions that precede the current problem(s).
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •