Page 805 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805806807808809815855905 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    They shuld stick the 24/7 Title on her. That's get her numbers up quick like
    if the 24/7 title counted, then truth has beaten it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    They shuld stick the 24/7 Title on her. That's get her numbers up quick like
    Though I don't think they would EVER really put that belt on Charlotte as I think they want the more credible legit performers to stay away from it, I do think there could be potentially some fun things they could do with Charlotte and her dad. Maybe when she gets REAL close to breaking her dads record, Ric trying to win the belt from her to bump up his numbers.

jr is bad in AEW for a few reasons. maybe they need to treat him with less respect in order for him to do his job well.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My thing is that AEW makes the claim that it's presentation is more like a real sport than the WWE.
    i'm not saying it is or isn't presented more like a sport, however it doesn't matter if it's joey ryan doing dick flips in the ring if it's PRESENTED like a sport they can still rightfully make the claim it has a sports like PRESENTATION.

xample

But Orange Cassidy just proves the only difference is that instead of using cheesy stuff that Vince thinks is funny, we're seeing cheesy stuff that the Elite thinks is funny.

Not that I think it's necessarily wrong to go the sports entertainment route... but I think NXT still has the crown for having the best alternative to the main roster WWE product.
    i think the huge difference there is that vince(and jr for that matter)is very out of touch with his audience while the elite are very in touch with theirs. so most of the time what the elite think is funny their audience enjoys while what vince thinks is funny, only vince think is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    maybe but i'm still not with this whole "cucking" angle with rusev.
    more than likely russev will still somehow get over.......and they'll fuk it up again.

so what's everyone doing on halloween?

i'm not watching crown jewel so i need some ideas.
    hmu if you want a link to bloodsport(suzuki vs barnett) 1 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    B-But Brock's a HUGE STAR. A star like no other the business has right now ! He's clearly not a reason that 1+ million fans decided to say **** it and not watch again. Clearly this is wrong. Brock Lesnar is the alpha and omega.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/10...d-week-on-fox/

Yep they lose 1+ million viewers folks. Lets put this in perspective... AEW lost only 19% off its debut show. It dropped 300,000 viewers . Meanwhile Smackdown on national TV lost a million viewers. That is just insane to see play out.
    i think vince and fox still haven't realized that MMA fans are NOT going to follow MMA guys to WWE long term. it's just a waste of money to give those guys big contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    jr is bad in AEW for a few reasons. maybe they need to treat him with less respect in order for him to do his job well.

i'm not saying it is or isn't presented more like a sport, however it doesn't matter if it's joey ryan doing dick flips in the ring if it's PRESENTED like a sport they can still rightfully make the claim it has a sports like PRESENTATION.

xample

i think the huge difference there is that vince(and jr for that matter)is very out of touch with his audience while the elite are very in touch with theirs. so most of the time what the elite think is funny their audience enjoys while what vince thinks is funny, only vince think is funny.

more than likely russev will still somehow get over.......and they'll fuk it up again.

i think vince and fox still haven't realized that MMA fans are NOT going to follow MMA guys to WWE long term. it's just a waste of money to give those guys big contracts.
    I'm sure Orange Cassiday has a certain fan base, otherwise he wouldn't be where he's at.

That said, I'm not entirely convinced his act sucessfully appeals to the mainstream wrestling audience. To me that's up there with invisible fireballs projectiles. Or maybe it does and I just don't appreciate the joke as much as others do ... I guess we'll see.

I never thought Rusev Day would get over, and it did. So who knows.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-12-2019 at 05:42 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

xample

so what's everyone doing on halloween?

i'm not watching crown jewel so i need some ideas.
    more Dracula reading?

Ultimate Member

All those people who tried to defend Kofi getting squashed last week because "it'll be a longer story and he'll get some charter growth" or whatever. NOPE, once again people give WWE more credit than they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    All those people who tried to defend Kofi getting squashed last week because "it'll be a longer story and he'll get some charter growth" or whatever. NOPE, once again people give WWE more credit than they deserve.
    And to think, Cornette claimed that was booked beautifully

Ultimate Member

And he whines about AEW's booking. Omega vs. Janella was booked better as a glorified dark match than this Kofi crap has been.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-13-2019 at 01:03 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    And to think, Cornette claimed that was booked beautifully
    The guy hates seeing long matches on TV. He often complains about the length of the matches both companies have

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The guy hates seeing long matches on TV. He often complains about the length of the matches both companies have
    He has a point. He hates long matches when upper card guy faces a low tier guy. Seth Rollins shouldn't have a fifteen minute match with Curt Hawkins. If you are going to do that, you have to move up Curt. That's basic storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    He has a point. He hates long matches when upper card guy faces a low tier guy. Seth Rollins shouldn't have a fifteen minute match with Curt Hawkins. If you are going to do that, you have to move up Curt. That's basic storytelling.
    Yeah, I think he has an understandable perspective. For tv, you shouldn't have long matches unless they are properly built up with 2 stars at a level where it makes sense to have a long match.

As a fan, I don't mind long matches regardless of the build up or who is in it if I'm enjoying the match. But I can u understand from a booking perspective why you don't necessarily want a match with no build up to go long, or have a top stat struggling with an undecard guy.

There are logistical reasons for having shorter tv matches. Plus you can obviously get more people on tv. It's a balancing act.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Back a decade ago John Morrison I detailed on the old Pro Wrestling WWE thread lost a less than 5 minute jobber match to John Cena as he was starting his WWE singles career. At the time a lot of folks did not like Morrison and felt he was the least talented member of MNM. That Joey Mercury was the star of the group etc. They would point at the less than 5 minute jobber match as a dig at Morrison. But here was John Cena a big main event star facing new singles guy John Morrison.

Time passed and Morrison got more of a push and his next match against Cena he went 8-10 minutes against Cena ; got more offense in and still lost. I pointed out he was slowly getting there. More time passed and Morrison now was a former ECW World Champion and i think he got 15-20 against Cena . In each case he slowly got more time as his character grew etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Back a decade ago John Morrison I detailed on the old Pro Wrestling WWE thread lost a less than 5 minute jobber match to John Cena as he was starting his WWE singles career. At the time a lot of folks did not like Morrison and felt he was the least talented member of MNM. That Joey Mercury was the star of the group etc. They would point at the less than 5 minute jobber match as a dig at Morrison. But here was John Cena a big main event star facing new singles guy John Morrison.

Time passed and Morrison got more of a push and his next match against Cena he went 8-10 minutes against Cena ; got more offense in and still lost. I pointed out he was slowly getting there. More time passed and Morrison now was a former ECW World Champion and i think he got 15-20 against Cena . In each case he slowly got more time as his character grew etc.
    One small correction......Melina's splits was the star of MNM