Page 535 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 354354855255315325335345355365375385395455856351035 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    heard a rumor that at the plan for the next saudi show is to have kofi drop the belt to goldberg, which will then lead to ANOTHER goldberg/lesner feud.

i am praying to all the gods this is just a rumor.
    Honestly I'd be somewhat surprised if any major titles were changed in these Saudi shows. They sort of seem like really well well produced high profile house shows.

If Brock or Goldberg feud for any titles, one would think it would be for the Universal title as both never got rematches after losing the belt. Putting them in the WWE title scene would feel sort of random.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't mind Kofi feuding with Goldberg. Kofi becomes the instant underdog in that scenario, but it's different from his previous underdog storyline. Instead of being held down by the man, he's just facing a fucking monster.

If Kofi won the title back afterwards instead of doing another Lesnar feud, it's be awesome

BANNED

SD's ratings are plummeting with Kofi as champion, I doubt Vince will let him sniff the belt again after he drops it. This is a thankyou reign, nothing more

Ultimate Member

Ratings have been going down for years. If WWE blames any one talent for it, then it's just them covering their own butts to avoid acknowledging that maybe, just maybe, the problem is how they run and produce and write their shows.

As for the Saudi shows, they've never really changed the belts there. Except for the UT, but that title was vacant and they just put it back on Brock, so it wasn't really a "change" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wouldn't mind Kofi feuding with Goldberg. Kofi becomes the instant underdog in that scenario, but it's different from his previous underdog storyline. Instead of being held down by the man, he's just facing a fucking monster.

If Kofi won the title back afterwards instead of doing another Lesnar feud, it's be awesome
    Though Kofi certainly makes for a good underdog, I suspect Goldberg would get booed out of the building. Maybe they want that or don't mind, but fans were pretty much ready to turn against Goldberg even at the tail end of the Lesnar feud for whatever reason.

I think Goldberg should be saved for being a special attraction. Keep the belt off of him.

Ultimate Member

Yeah the Brock vs. Goldberg feud was actually pretty good. It just, didn't need the belt and it kind of screwed over the RAW ME scene for a LONG time after that.

Also you're doing nothing to make your full-timers look good if you say that they cannot beat a 50-something year old semi-retiree who's worked like 5 matches (none of them very long) in the last 15 years or so.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah the Brock vs. Goldberg feud was actually pretty good. It just, didn't need the belt and it kind of screwed over the RAW ME scene for a LONG time after that.

Also you're doing nothing to make your full-timers look good if you say that they cannot beat a 50-something year old semi-retiree who's worked like 5 matches (none of them very long) in the last 15 years or so.
    goldberg has never been a work horse, especially when compared to someone like kofi. so it would do the belt nor smackdown as a whole any favors to have kofi get squashed by goldberg. and it would be a squash if it happened.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

according to other sources, WWE offered lio a 5 year, 300k contract but he refused, saying he wanted double.

Mark Henry is criticizing Lio Rush https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...issues-653699/

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Agreed, neither guy needs a belt, and they kind of made the UT irrelevant for a year by having it on Brock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    part 2 july 26 2015
    makabe vs shibata
    styles vs ibushi
    tetsuya naito vs hiroshi tanahashi
    august 1 2015 block b
    "machine gun" karl Anderson (looks a lot better now) vs "blue justice" yuji nagata
    "BIG MIKE" vs tomaki honma
    "the stone pitbull" tomohiro ishii vs "the king of strong style" shinsuke nakamura
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-03-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

It really does sounds like Lio Rush is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way.

That's unfortunate though because the boy is a real talent.

Ultimate Member

https://i.redd.it/5pzakigaewv21.jpg

Ok, this has to be one of the best posters that WWE has done in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It really does sounds like Lio Rush is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way.

That's unfortunate though because the boy is a real talent.
    Yeah, it really is a shame. He can definately go in the ring, and was a darn efective heat magnet when paired with Lashley. They could have been a solid tag team too. Lashley will be hurt by this too, as I think Rush added a lot to his presentation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, it really is a shame. He can definately go in the ring, and was a darn efective heat magnet when paired with Lashley. They could have been a solid tag team too. Lashley will be hurt by this too, as I think Rush added a lot to his presentation.
    Agreed.

They could have been very good as a tag team.

Hope he comes to his senses though (although from I read, that seems unlikely).