Page 1003 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 350390395399399910001001100210031004100510061007101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,045 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    NXT japan just might end being distant no 2 in Japan. If they poach the right talent.

Anyway ESPN should get Wrestlemania and Summer Slam.
    No it can't. DDT is #2 and it rivals New Japan in how big it is. It got it's own network, a sister joshing promotion and it's parent company just brought noah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No it can't. DDT is #2 and it rivals New Japan in how big it is. It got it's own network, a sister joshing promotion and it's parent company just brought noah.
    It can. Stop trolling.

Dragongate is still number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    It can. Stop trolling.

Dragongate is still number 2.
    Disagreeing with you is not a troll.

Astonishing Member

Remember how well the X-Box did in Japan? Yeah, expect that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    It doesnt feel like NXT UK has been that big of an impact so I dont know about adding another somewhat derivative show with NXT Japan. There is already a lot of content every week wrestling wise.
    i would watch day 1
    just like i have NXT UK
    and 205Live
    screw politics give me matches
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-23-2020 at 04:15 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They don't need to steamroll the region though... they just need to create content. They just need to be able to put out a weekly show, and develop some talent.
    That’s true if you believe content and talent development is their only goal. I don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    As far as US impact? Not much. As far as the UK wrestling scene? Yeah, it's done a number on the UK independent scene. NXT UK and WWE's association with Progress and, to an extent, NJPW's partnership with RevPro has almost completely gutted the UK independent scene.
    Yep, and i don’t think that was by accident either.

If the Aussie scene continues to grow I wouldn’t e surprised to see an NXT Australia pop up.

Again though, it's also content (which for a streaming business model is necessary). Each NXT is another weekly program along with their own PPV's.

And it's WWE creating it's own alternative to sports entertainment. If you're not interested in Vinces brand of wrestling, you can get some of the best pure in-wrestling content out there on the same WWE network. I'd argue NXT is a better WWE alternative than AEW is, for example.
    It’s not. I think your argument would be based on your feeling that NXT is less sports entertainment than AEW but that doesn’t make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    That’s true if you believe content and talent development is their only goal. I don’t.

Yep, and i don’t think that was by accident either.

If the Aussie scene continues to grow I wouldn’t e surprised to see an NXT Australia pop up.

It’s not. I think your argument would be based on your feeling that NXT is less sports entertainment than AEW but that doesn’t make it better.
    That's not the only reason I think NXT is a better WWE alternative. I also think NXT is a more consistantly booked product. AEW is kind of uneven.

As far as the goals of NXT Japan... sure I imagine they want to do more than JUST create content and develop stars. And I'm sure New Japan ideally would LIKE to surpass the WWE in the States when they started running shows and trying to get TV here in the States, but I'm frankly assuming they're not expecting it or using that as a real barameter of sucess either. I'm sure Vince would love it if NXT Japan somehow someway became the top wrestling company in Japan... but if it falls well short of that and they're only able to create good content and create stars, then NXT Japan will have been able to justify it's own existance.

Astonishing Member
    Transformers TCG player

There hasn't been any news regarding Tazz recently. I find that unfortunate.

That's not the only reason I think NXT is a better WWE alternative. I also think NXT is a more consistantly booked product. AEW is kind of uneven.

As far as the goals of NXT Japan... sure I imagine they want to do more than JUST create content and develop stars. And I'm sure New Japan ideally would LIKE to surpass the WWE in the States when they started running shows and trying to get TV here in the States, but I'm frankly assuming they're not expecting it or using that as a real barameter of sucess either. I'm sure Vince would love it if NXT Japan somehow someway became the top wrestling company in Japan... but if it falls well short of that and they're only able to create good content and create stars, then NXT Japan will have been able to justify it's own existance.
    New Japan is looking to expand their market not take it over. They don't have the resources to attempt a hostile takeover of a region like WWE goes with it's regional NXTs. The best New Japan can do is establish a US branch like Dragon Gate did a couple of years ago and run a couple of shows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    There hasn't been any news regarding Tazz recently. I find that unfortunate.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEW_Dark (which jdfromny206 fears)
    February 4, 2020 – present
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-23-2020 at 08:37 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

It's not an alternative if your money's still going to the same guy's pocket at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It's not an alternative if your money's still going to the same guy's pocket at the end of the day.
    If you're a viewer does that really matter? Coke and Sprite, but it doesn't mean they're the same thing.

As long as you're getting a different sort of product that you want, does anyone really car which billionaire ends up getting richer?

Astonishing Member

If you're a viewer does that really matter? Coke and Sprite, but it doesn't mean they're the same thing.

As long as you're getting a different sort of product that you want, does anyone really car which billionaire ends up getting richer?
    It shouldn't for the exact reasons you stated. Actually, the more successful that NXT is, the greater chance for the overall WWE product to change. Wrestling like comics is a copy cat business.

Yes because you can't be your own competition.