Page 272 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1722222622682692702712722732742752762823223727721272 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That actually makes me wonder how exclusive AEW contracts will be, and how willing they are to allow their contracted wrestlers to wrestle in other organizations.

That's particularly tricky if they are agreeing to cover the cost of wrestlers injuries. Sometimes it's OBVIOUS if an injury occurs in someone else's ring... but that may not be the case 100% of the time.
    Cody confirmed that Joey Janela will still be allowed to book his spring break shows and Jericho with his cruise.

Soooo ...

- Part of the Omega deal with New Japan is sounding like a working agreement with AEW.

- Jericho’s deal with AEW is not exclusive, says DA MELTZ. He still wants to do a match with Tana. New Japan still wants to do a series with Jericho/Tana/Naito/Omega. Along with the Kenny Omega development, Jericho could be another reason New Japan works with All Elite sooner rather than later.

- DA MELTZ also says Kenny Omega is likely to sign with AEW and while WWE really wanted him, it was always likely he was going to AEW. Omega is very important to New Japan since they were building towards a Jericho/Tana/Naito/Omega program. They are now considering working with AEW so they don’t lose Omega. Hence a deal where they work with New Japan now, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Soooo ...

- Part of the Omega deal with New Japan is sounding like a working agreement with AEW.

- Jericho’s deal with AEW is not exclusive, says DA MELTZ. He still wants to do a match with Tana. New Japan still wants to do a series with Jericho/Tana/Naito/Omega. Along with the Kenny Omega development, Jericho could be another reason New Japan works with All Elite sooner rather than later.

- DA MELTZ also says Kenny Omega is likely to sign with AEW and while WWE really wanted him, it was always likely he was going to AEW. Omega is very important to New Japan since they were building towards a Jericho/Tana/Naito/Omega program. They are now considering working with AEW so they don’t lose Omega. Hence a deal where they work with New Japan now, too.
    I sort of figured in the end New Japan and AEW would basically give Omega and Jericho whatever the heck they wanted. It would almost be stupid not too, since WWE is basically waiting to snag either or both.

AEW will be announcing a TV deal shortly.

Apparently, according to Jericho, that was why he signed. And it's a strong TV deal.

He also said on Vince ...

“A lot of that stuff is private but I did have a very amicable conversation with him. He knew what I was doing, it wasn’t a surprise. I didn’t just show up in Jacksonville and that was it. The bottom line is the Khan family isn’t messing around. They want to make a go at this and you know they have a lot of money and they have a lot of capital.”
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Apparently, according to Jericho, that was why he signed. And it's a strong TV deal.

“A lot of that stuff is private but I did have a very amicable conversation with him. He knew what I was doing, it wasn’t a surprise. I didn’t just show up in Jacksonville and that was it. The bottom line is the Khan family isn’t messing around. They want to make a go at this and you know they have a lot of money and they have a lot of capital.”
    It'll be interesting to see what day they end up going on. I assume if they own a football team, they're not going to try and get a piece of Monday Night.

Another video demonstrating how wwe is failing their wrestlers. Corbin is much more likeable here

It'll be interesting to see what day they end up going on. I assume if they own a football team, they're not going to try and get a piece of Monday Night.
    AEW trademarked Tuesday Night Dynamite. I assume for a TV show as it's listed as a recurring media trademark. So Impact is their first target, no?

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Impact is Thursday. Tuesday would put them against Smackdown.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

AEW trademarked Tuesday Night Dynamite. I assume for a TV show as it's listed as a recurring media trademark. So Impact is their first target, no?
    Impact is on Wednesday, right?

Depending on how quickly they get up and running it MIGHT be going head to head with Smackdown until it moves to Fox.

But in the general sense I do think AEW is actually more direct competition for IMpact and ROH than the WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Impact is Thursday. Tuesday would put them against Smackdown.
    Smackdown is moving to Friday this year

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its more important to build a strong ratings foothold 1st through TV and then start running shows slowly after that. I'd say find a place ala what Impact did awhile or what ROH did as a home arena and run shows there awhile for tapings. Then go from there.

What killed TNA with the approach they did was while they were doing 1.0+s on Spike and did select shows...once they tried more touring they thought they could instantly jump into big venues and it killed them money wise. Because the attendance wasn't there to run those big shows. I believe it was Ryder or someone who said if TNA had ran 2,000-3,000 seat places and ran smaller type clubs n places (ala what ECW did) and built on that they may have done better. It would have been cheaper to do .

AEW needs to go with the approach of , were a new start up. We can't expect to do what All In did (which was spectacular). So it starts with building to that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Impact is on Fridays now.

Right, forgot about that.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

“A lot of that stuff is private but I did have a very amicable conversation with him. He knew what I was doing, it wasn’t a surprise. I didn’t just show up in Jacksonville and that was it. The bottom line is the Khan family isn’t messing around. They want to make a go at this and you know they have a lot of money and they have a lot of capital.
    Be willing to risk more on a start-up indy fed than your own football team... This is honestly starting to making me a little mad.

This is only the start-up cost, upkeep will be much lower. Do you really think it was cheaper to get the Jaguars going?

~ Pól Rua