Page 401 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yep. If they do that, they should just move Iconic to Raw, and make it a Raw exclusive title.

Raw would be
    Ronda
    Becky
    Charlotte
    Nat/Beth
    Riot Squad
    Iconic
    Nia/Tamina
    Io Shirai/ Kairi Zane

Smackdown
    Asuka
    Ember
    Bliss
    Bayley
    Sasha
    Sonya
    Mandy
    Naomi
    Rhea
    Nikki Cross
    Lacey
    Mickie
    I actually like the idea of a floating title. Yes, it logistically makes things very difficult as far as having wrestlers work on different brands.

But I think the upside is that you can always keep things fresh by simply jumping from brand to brand. For womans and tag divisions you generally have the same 3-4 people or teams wrestling over and over and over again. No matter how good it is, eventually it does become stale (ie New Day and the Usos). But if you have the ability to float over to Smackdown for a month to feud with the Iconics, then even to NXT to feud with Io and Sane, then you can really keep things fresh.

Its more work but I think its worth it if they can pull it off. I'd frankly consider doing that with the womans single title too. But if they can't pull it off then yeah... probably easier to just have the tags all on one brand
    Last edited by XPac; 03-14-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Asuka vs. Sonya/Mandy at Wrestlemania sounds like an awful match.

I think the rumors that Bliss was done may have been partially true. I think she may be done as a full time 100% wrestler and will only be wrestling sporadically. Maybe the tag team division where her partner can help carry her and take the bad bumps would be for the best.

I consider the Shield one of the all time greats. Certainly one of my favorite factions ever. One of the strongest booked since maybe the NWO days.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I actually like the idea of a floating title. Yes, it logistically makes things very difficult as far as having wrestlers work on different brands.

But I think the upside is that you can always keep things fresh by simply jumping from brand to brand. For womans and tag divisions you generally have the same 3-4 people or teams wrestling over and over and over again. No matter how good it is, eventually it does become stale (ie New Day and the Usos). But if you have the ability to float over to Smackdown for a month to feud with the Iconics, then even to NXT to feud with Io and Sane, then you can really keep things fresh.

Its more work but I think its worth it if they can pull it off. I'd frankly consider doing that with the womans single title too. But if they can't pull it off then yeah... probably easier to just have the tags all on one brand
    I like the idea of a floating title as well but the title needs to float. Sasha and Bayley haven't made a single appearance on Smackdown since winning the belts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

But the problem with a floating title as WWE uses it, is that the brand that doesn't have the fued going on just stays stagnant waiting for their turn.

I feel like Smackdown is best suited for a mixed gender tag title. You have a lot of couples on that show.

R-Truth and Mella
    Jimmy and Naomi
    Vega and Alma's
    Lana and Rusev
    Miz and Maryse

Sorry, I am in a list making mood

But the problem with a floating title as WWE uses it, is that the brand that doesn't have the fued going on just stays stagnant waiting for their turn.

I feel like Smackdown is best suited for a mixed gender tag title. You have a lot of couples on that show.

R-Truth and Mella
    Jimmy and Naomi
    Vega and Alma's
    Lana and Rusev
    Miz and Maryse

Yeah, the division without the tag belts probably would get stagnet. In theory you can have feuds without a title... obviously we see that with male singles wrestlers all the time. Orton and AJ for example are feuding just fine without a title in sight. But WWE doesn't seem all that great at feuds in the tag and womans division which doesn't involve the title. It CAN be done. In theory you can build a feud with say the Iconics vs Naiomi/Carmella, with the winner facing the Boss and Hug Connection the next time the tag belts come around. But the WWE generally speaking doesn't do well handling non title feuds with other divisions apart from the single male division.

So like I said, I think it can potentially be cool if they can pull it off. But if they can't, then yeah... it's easier to just put all the tags on one brand and all the purely singles on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like the idea of a floating title as well but the title needs to float. Sasha and Bayley haven't made a single appearance on Smackdown since winning the belts.
    The fact that the Iconics are cutting promos on TV (as opposed to say social media or whatever) tells me that eventually we'll get to some floation on Smackdown. But yeah... it sure doesn't seem like much of a priority. Particularly since the Smackdown womans tag division doesn't seem to be all that deep. Obviously the Iconics are a real team. But Naiomi and Carmella seem to be a one time thing (even though they actually ended up looking like a real team when at Elimination Chamber), while Fire and Desire seem on thin ice.

Maybe post Wrestlemania with the super star shake up we'll get more love for the womans tag division on RAW.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Rumor has it that Fox wants WWE programming to be edgier when Smackdown moves. Maybe that's why recent major angles have been wiping it's ass with kayfabe.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-15-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

R-Truth and Mella
    Jimmy and Naomi
    Vega and Alma's
    Lana and Rusev
    Miz and Maryse

i think that's potentially a good thing. could force them to create angles and feuds outside the title picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rumor has it that Fox wants WWE programming to be edgier when Smackdown moves. Maybe that's why recent major angles have been wiping it's ass with kayfabe.
    well ****, i guess we know what they think edgy means now.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-15-2019 at 06:43 AM.

el phantasmo is part of bullet club, that kind of cool. phantasmo in NJPW that is, haven't gave a fuk about BC in years.

for those unfamiliar

Astonishing Member

its part 2 time of king of pro wrestling 2018
    its also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Sabre_Jr. time as he takes on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_(wrestler)
    I think I remember this now
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-16-2019 at 02:17 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

Ultimate Member

^I will never not love Adam Pacitti's intro here, it's hilarious.

Extraordinary Member

I just had an idea for a spot in a Rumble or similar event and don't know if it's hilarious or if it would go over like a lead balloon

spoilers:

basically, the theme music for an audacious heel (Either a returning Legend or someone from the current Roster) and he comes out in a suit of full plate armor, shield, and blunted, shortened lance. He exploits the armor to make his enemies hurt themselves trying to attack him, uses the lance and shield to attack, then is eventually defeated through a means that the armor can't help him against

end of spoilers