Page 1201 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 20170111011151119111971198119912001201120212031204120512111251 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,015 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Could Retribution be some of the guys that got cut? We're Ricochet, Cedric, and Ali on Raw last night?
    Using fired wrestlers would sort of be interesting, but most of the ones anyone would give a dam about are already working somewhere else.

Lio Rush and Rusev I suppose might be cool, if they're not signed doing anything else. Maybe Rowan. But I think that's about it, short of obviously Kurt Angle. But I think he's a stretch to be involved in anything like this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Using fired wrestlers would sort of be interesting, but most of the ones anyone would give a dam about are already working somewhere else.

Lio Rush and Rusev I suppose might be cool, if they're not signed doing anything else. Maybe Rowan. But I think that's about it, short of obviously Kurt Angle. But I think he's a stretch to be involved in anything like this.
    Lio Rush is retiring from wrestling and Rusev has covid.

Astonishing Member

Could Retribution be some of the guys that got cut? We're Ricochet, Cedric, and Ali on Raw last night?
    The optics of Ali being part of what's right now a WWE terrorist faction is probably not what they want right now....

I'm going with the rumored call-ups. Dijakovic, Ciampa, Chelsea Green....

I didn't see anyone getting buried for the Underground. It was a bunch of enhancement talent losing.Guy like Eric and Dolph looked great. The Hurt Business looked great.
    you're right, my bad, "squashed" is the term i should've used. couldn't disagree more about eric, dolph, and hurt business looking great. beating up randoms from the crowd wasn't impressive, especially since they didn't do anything they couldn't do in a regular match. and why put swerve in the crowd to get beat up like a jackoff??

If I were able to make changes. I would do the following.

Open it up to everybody. You got a bunch of "shooters" on the roster,let that be their playground.

Build up the matches via your social media with guys and gals challenging each other to Underground matches.Social media also gives you more lead way in what you can say in your promo.

Get rid of the dancing girls. It looks stupid. I rather see talent acting inappropriately than random eye candy.

Give this to MVP. Let him be Dario Cueto. Shane can be used as the impromptu manager for the new giant they have

I could also see a lot of variant toys coming out of this with repackaged wrestlers.
    god please no, hurt business is the highlight of raw right now, please keep them far away from that ****. it's bad enough they had to get mixed up with r truth, the ninjas and that whole clown show.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's no worse than Jerrett using GFW to sell "gold."
    that's not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing.

AEW came out of the gate "seemingly" more progressive. But in all honesty, WWE is beating them and Impact is light years ahead of them.
    i couldn't tell wtf it's supposed to be, i just figured it was something else for brandi to do.

while not as progressive as they'd like to think they are, they have not given us trish barking like a dog, HLA, bra & panty matches, claire lynch, or sharmell vs jenna morasca. just by not doing those things kind of evens the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lio Rush is retiring from wrestling and Rusev has covid.
    didn't he just wrestle for GCW or was that his retirement match??

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Just because AEW didn't exist back when those things all happened doesn't mean they wouldn't have done a lot of the same things. As an aside, Trish barking like a dog at least lead to her getting her revenge on Vince via Linda taking the company back from him and Trish punting him in the dick.
    Last edited by Kal-El Summers; 08-05-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you're right, my bad, "squashed" is the term i should've used. couldn't disagree more about eric, dolph, and hurt business looking great. beating up randoms from the crowd wasn't impressive, especially since they didn't do anything they couldn't do in a regular match. and why put swerve in the crowd to get beat up like a jackoff??

god please no, hurt business is the highlight of raw right now, please keep them far away from that ****. it's bad enough they had to get mixed up with r truth, the ninjas and that whole clown show.

that's not saying much.

i couldn't tell wtf it's supposed to be, i just figured it was something else for brandi to do.

while not as progressive as they'd like to think they are, they have not given us trish barking like a dog, HLA, bra & panty matches, claire lynch, or sharmell vs jenna morasca. just by not doing those things kind of evens the score.

Regarding the progressive stuff, we’re talking about today. Not years ago.

WWE isn’t perfect but they beat AEW hands down in terms of a diverse roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Just because AEW didn't exist back when those things all happened doesn't mean they wouldn't have done a lot of the same things. As an aside, Trish barking like a dog at least lead to her getting her revenge on Vince via Linda taking the company back from him and Trish punting him in the dick.
    they could still do those things now, bitchoff was even there but no HLA or him implying that one of the female talents does him sexual favors. i haven't seen a karaoke or dancing contest either.

thanks for reminding me of linda also being humiliated in that storyline, good times.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-06-2020 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Regarding the progressive stuff, we’re talking about today. Not years ago.

WWE isn’t perfect but they beat AEW hands down in terms of a diverse roster.
    i know, my point was that while they might not be doing as much as they could or act as if they do to move womens wrestling forward they also aren't responsible for fuking it up the 1st place.

xample, while wwe might be more diverse they also have towzawa doing a ninja gimmick and had r truth as pretty ricky less than a year ago.

i know, my point was that while they might not be doing as much as they could or act as if they do to move womens wrestling forward they also aren't responsible for fuking it up the 1st place.

xample, while wwe might be more diverse they also have towzawa doing a ninja gimmick and had r truth as pretty ricky less than a year ago.
    So you're going to ignore all the POC champions they have (Sasha, Bayley, Io, Keith Lee, Street Profits, Apollo, Nakamura, etc) and focus on the negative while downplaying AEW literally shunting their women's tag tournament to YouTube where no one will see it.

What does "they aren't responsible for fucking it up in the 1st place" have to do with anything? WWE and Impact have great women's divisions they actually put effort into. AEW gives the bare minimum 1 women's match a week and that's supposed to be good enough or not their fault because WWE didn't treat their women's division sseriously years ago? Nah, that's on Tony, Brandi and Kenny no one else.

You try way too hard to get your "WWE BAD" gimmick over, it's getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    So you're going to ignore all the POC champions they have (Sasha, Bayley, Io, Keith Lee, Street Profits, Apollo, Nakamura, etc) and focus on the negative while downplaying AEW literally shunting their women's tag tournament to YouTube where no one will see it.
    no, i'm not. just because i didn't comment on those people doesn't mean i'm ignoring them. i'll even add i think it's a big step for them to put the title on a foreigner with a heavy accent and NOT make him a heel. i can't remember the last time that happened.

i figure the tag cup thing is just another project for brandi and a way to try out some talents, they're in no position to start a womens tag division so putting it on youtube makes sense to me.

What does "they aren't responsible for fucking it up in the 1st place" have to do with anything? WWE and Impact have great women's divisions they actually put effort into. AEW gives the bare minimum 1 women's match a week and that's supposed to be good enough or not their fault because WWE didn't treat their women's division sseriously years ago? Nah, that's on Tony, Brandi and Kenny no one else.
    i already xplained what the point was when i brought up them not fuking it up in the 1st place.

fine with me if you want to blame tony, kenny and brandi for the division, they're guilty of not having a great women's division but they're not actively fuking up women's wrestling. it's a balancing act running multiple divisions and they obviously haven't figured it out yet, they probably should've done more work on the women's division before making the tnt title a weekly thing

You try way too hard to get your "WWE BAD" gimmick over, it's getting old.
    i will try harder to make less effort.

GCW match is Lio retirement match.

they could still do those things now, bitchoff was even there but no HLA or him implying that one of the female talents does him sexual favors. i haven't seen a karaoke or dancing contest either.

thanks for reminding me of linda also being humiliated in that storyline, good times.
    Bischoff wouldn't do any of those things as that's not what they brought him in for.

They might not have karaoke or dancing but the fact they have tag matches where no one bothers to follow basic tag rules is just as bad imo. Ref get buried all the time and it would be better if every match was no DQ like ECW.

no, i'm not. just because i didn't comment on those people doesn't mean i'm ignoring them. i'll even add i think it's a big step for them to put the title on a foreigner with a heavy accent and NOT make him a heel. i can't remember the last time that happened.

i figure the tag cup thing is just another project for brandi and a way to try out some talents, they're in no position to start a womens tag division so putting it on youtube makes sense to me.

i already xplained what the point was when i brought up them not fuking it up in the 1st place.

fine with me if you want to blame tony, kenny and brandi for the division, they're guilty of not having a great women's division but they're not actively fuking up women's wrestling. it's a balancing act running multiple divisions and they obviously haven't figured it out yet, they probably should've done more work on the women's division before making the tnt title a weekly thing

i will try harder to make less effort.
    I'll blame Moolah for fucking up women's wrestling as a whole as that was the model WWE followed for decades. Say what you want about WWE having "ruined" women's wrestling but they had it at the very least. WCW and ECW had no women wrestling to speak of. Neither did TNA in their early years.

Honestly I never saw the big deal about the Karaoke contest thing. Yeah it was kinda stupid... but the male wrestlers from time to time have to do stupid stuff like that too. That segment could have easily been the New Day and the Usos or Miz/Morrison and no one would have bated an eye. But because it's women, it's a sign they're less progressive or whatever.

Wrestlers occasionally do stupid stuff on TV... and that includes AEW, WWE, and Impact. The fact that it's not gender specific is just a sign that things are getting more progressive.

But if we judge things as a whole, looking at not just the floor but the ceiling too, we're seeing a lot of good stuff with the women. Most of it happens to be on Impact and the WWE at the moment.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-06-2020 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll blame Moolah for fucking up women's wrestling as a whole as that was the model WWE followed for decades. Say what you want about WWE having "ruined" women's wrestling but they had it at the very least. WCW and ECW had no women wrestling to speak of. Neither did TNA in their early years.
    Yeah, that's the thing. On a national level (in the US at least) there was basically no womans wrestling to F up.

WWE at least had it, though it was really really bad. But what the WWE DID do was create stars. Sunny, Sable, Chyna... they created women who legitimately became draws. Many of them couldn't actually wrestle well but were still put in matches, and I think that ultimately evolved into the womens wrestling we had today.

TNA deserves a lot of credit for womans wrestling (more than it usually gets), but even it probably wouldn't have had the Knock Out division it had if the WWE didn't keep womans wrestling alive on a national level for as long as it did.