Page 960 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 46086091095095695795895996096196296396497010101060 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Lol, NWA has an hour show and less than half of AEW roster and they have 3 singles titles.

The problem with a secondary title is that comes as a title for the sake of a title.

LU got it right with the Gift of the Gods title. It had a purpose. You win it and you get a shot at the world title at a time of your choosing. You had to defend it, or you lose that opportunity. So you couldn't book that guy as a jobber, he has to maintain momentum to get that world title match.

If I were AEW, that would be the type of secondary title I would have. TV, cruiser, and "geographic" titles are outdated.
    There's a reason why pretty much every major promotion, past and present, has at least one. They're very useful if used well.

Lol, NWA has an hour show and less than half of AEW roster and they have 3 singles titles.

The problem with a secondary title is that comes as a title for the sake of a title.

LU got it right with the Gift of the Gods title. It had a purpose. You win it and you get a shot at the world title at a time of your choosing. You had to defend it, or you lose that opportunity. So you couldn't book that guy as a jobber, he has to maintain momentum to get that world title match.

If I were AEW, that would be the type of secondary title I would have. TV, cruiser, and "geographic" titles are outdated.
    I always thought that the secondary champ should be able number one contender to the point where they can get a title shot if they choose to vacate their title. It doesn't have to be as elaborate as LU gift of the gods... but the idea that the IC or US champs can surrender their title for a chance at the world title to me made sense.

But it's also limiting storywise, so I can see why they don't do that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I always thought that the secondary champ should be able number one contender to the point where they can get a title shot if they choose to vacate their title. It doesn't have to be as elaborate as LU gift of the gods... but the idea that the IC or US champs can surrender their title for a chance at the world title to me made sense.

But it's also limiting storywise, so I can see why they don't do that.
    It makes so much sense for a guy like Roman to go after the IC title because it helps get a shot at the world title.

With the gift of the gods, you had an ongoing storyline.

I get why the WWE doesn't retire the US and IC title due to their history, but AEW doesn't have history.

The Bucks had mentioned the idea of a secondary title requiring 10 wins with it and you get a title shot if you choose so way back when.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Bucks had mentioned the idea of a secondary title requiring 10 wins with it and you get a title shot if you choose so way back when.
    That makes sense too. I just think a secondary champion should always be considered at least one of the logical number one contenders. They should arguably be considered the number 2 guy in the company.

But Lex Luger as US champion was really the only secondardy champion I can recall who ever got repeated chances at the world title. In fact he almost got too many back in the day.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tessa is completely denying she ever dropped an n-bomb to Black Rose in Japan
    https://twitter.com/Tess_Blanchard/s...94209006882816

She threw away her chance at an honest apology.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

It makes so much sense for a guy like Roman to go after the IC title because it helps get a shot at the world title.

With the gift of the gods, you had an ongoing storyline.

I get why the WWE doesn't retire the US and IC title due to their history, but AEW doesn't have history.
    but it will take some time to build up a mid-card belt. NXT went a long time before busting out the NA title.

so i'd say..........later this year for a mid card belt. earliest, this summer.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

sigh.

was willing to give her a chance but she fucked that up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sigh.

was willing to give her a chance but she fucked that up.
    Deny
    Deny
    Deny

Don't let your lying eyes fool you. You can see that Tessa Stan's have already forgiven her and are more than willing to belief whatever says.

Anyone gear the Booker T interview about Tessa's championship win. I agree 100% with the Booker Man.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    but it will take some time to build up a mid-card belt. NXT went a long time before busting out the NA title.

so i'd say..........later this year for a mid card belt. earliest, this summer.
    To be fair, NXT never needed a midcard belt because being developmental guys would only be there for about 2 years before getting called up. There hasn't been a roster call up since the Street Profits came to Raw IIRC. Now they have guys that are there to stay.

Extraordinary Member

heh, Kane helped Daniel Bryan get one over on the fiend

Extraordinary Member

Daniel Bryan challenges the Fiend to a Strap Match at the Rumble

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

How do we know she did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Daniel Bryan challenges the Fiend to a Strap Match at the Rumble
    Yes! I love strap matches. No matter what you do, you can't get away from your opponent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    How do we know she did it?
    4-5 witnesses with nothing to gain said she did it.