Page 328 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428828 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

3/4 of the four horsewomen on screen

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It's totally Becky's character to know she's walking into a trap and also not give a **** because she's going to kick their asses anyway.
    So far I think the authority have been REASONABLY fair to Becky. If this were real life rather than a TV show, I think most people would look at the situation and side with them over Becky.

Of course, I imagine that will change sooner or later... but as of now I don't think Becky legitimaely has too much to complain about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Bautista is entertaining an AEW contract after seeing the 2 TV deals.
    I like Batista but I was hoping AEW doesn't fold into the part-timers the way WWE has. Velveteen's Instagram/Twitter is all about letting the past die and I couldn't agree with him more.

It's also being reported that Lesnar is using AEW as leverage for a bigger WWE contract. So don't expect him to go anywhere for the next 2 - 3 years.

Here's a paragraph from the 10-K SEC filing by WWE about Vince McMahon who's reassured the company that he'll still remain focus on WWE when XFL starts up...

"In addition to serving as Chairman of our Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. McMahon leads the creative team that develops the storylines and the characters for our programming (including our television, WWE Network and other programming) and live events. From time to time, Mr. McMahon has also been an important member of our cast of performers. The loss of Mr. McMahon due to unexpected retirement, disability, death or other unexpected termination for any reason could have a material adverse effect on our ability to create popular characters and creative storylines or could otherwise adversely affect our operating results. Mr. McMahon has established Alpha Entertainment LLC, to explore investment opportunities across the sports entertainment landscapes, and Alpha Entertainment LLC plans to launch a professional football league in early 2020 . While he has provided the Company assurances that his focus on WWE will not be diverted by these efforts, any such diversion or perception of such diversion could adversely affect our operating results and could have a material adverse effect on our stock price."

And the revival has taken the belts!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    NJPW New Beginning: spoilers:
    Jay White actually did it, he's the new IWGP HW Champion! Gedo you cocky magnificent b*****d you. "Hey people crapped all over me for pushing Okada too early and putting him over Tana, yet I was right in the end. So why shouldn't I try it with Switchblade now?"

This makes so much sense though. Jay has gotten the better of Okada repeatedly. So what better way to prove that "The Rainmaker" is truly back than finally vanquishing Switchblade in the biggest way possible?
    end of spoilers
    The writing/booking is incredible. spoilers:
    I was skeptical about Omega's void in NJPW but Switchblade quickly filled that in. Now the inevitable Rainmaker/Switchblade program for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. I can't wait!

If they don't book Okada to defeat Switchblade, at first, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Ibushi go for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship either.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 02-11-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well WWE went in the most predictable way possible, shocking.

I feel like some people don't quite get why people are crapping on this.

What many people are so aggravated about is that they came out like two months ago and basically admitted that their show sucked and that it needed to change. So they promised a "New Era" and "YOU are the Authority now," and no one was asking for the McMahon's to shove their way into this. Well not even two months later, it's back to the same old same old and

THAT'S what many people hate the most.* That, after the RR, we actually started to think that MAYBE they would change/do new stuff* Nope, we were sure foolish to give them that much credit.

And in the process, they're undercutting a super-hot and popular angle because they* just cannot leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    The writing/booking is incredible. spoilers:
    I was skeptical about Omega's void in NJPW but Switchblade quickly filled that in. Now the inevitable Rainmaker/Switchblade program for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. I can't wait!

If they don't book Okada to defeat Switchblade, at first, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Ibushi go for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship either.
    end of spoilers
    This was Gedo transferring Omega's storylines to Switchblade.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Switchblade feels more like a "dark mirror" to Okada I think. There's even, I think completely intentional, parallels between how Okada was booked during his first push and how Jay is being booked now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    This was Gedo transferring Omega's storylines to Switchblade.
    That makes sense and I think it'll actually work better with Switchblade. He fills out that role of being the top heel of the company extremely well. I'm really looking forward to seeing how "The Cutthroat Era" plays out.

Astonishing Member

Switchblade feels more like a "dark mirror" to Okada I think. There's even, I think completely intentional, parallels between how Okada was booked during his first push and how Jay is being booked now.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is all to establish Okada as the top face of the company.

Ultimate Member

He's already their Ace. It's probably more to establish Jay as their top gaijin, top heel, and a future longer-term rival for Okada. Also to give Okada a "redemption" thing for this "he's lost his mojo ever since losing the title and needs to get it back" storyline, especially since during it Jay has beaten him repeatedly and Gedo betrayed him to join with Jay.

Astonishing Member

He's already their Ace. It's probably more to establish Jay as their top gaijin, top heel, and a future longer-term rival for Okada. Also to give Okada a "redemption" thing for this "he's lost his mojo ever since losing the title and needs to get it back" storyline, especially since during it Jay has beaten him repeatedly and Gedo betrayed him to join with Jay.
    I think they're going to be more careful with putting a lot of investment in their top gaijin unless they have long-term contracts. But, if they do want to establish Switchblade as their top heel for a longer-term, I expect programs with Ibushi and Naito in the foreseeable future.

The G1 Supercard at Madison Square Garden will be interesting. Is that RoH vs. NJPW or a card with both companies but their own matches?

Astonishing Member

944 pm nikkie v ruby 949 im disappointed because the 6 man took too long 1025 pm gaberoode vs the revival 1044 pm
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-12-2019 at 12:37 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

They've turned the Raw Women's Championship into a similar situation as Wrestlemania 30. Which, honestly, I don't mind but I'm still not under the impression it'll have the same ending.

Unless they have Becky/Charlotte at Fast Lane, that leaves Asuka and the Smackdown Women's Championship in disarray for Wrestlemania. I hope the rumor of Mandy Rose is absolutely false but I know Vince wants to push her.

Rollins/Heyman was good but I'm curious to see where it goes from here. Ambrose going 180 was weird but slightly satisfying even though it felt similar to Edge and Cena. Lesnar is going to be around after Wrestlemania so this may all mean nothing. Whether at Wrestlemania or down the line.

Somebody mentioned how the crowd reaction during The Revival/Roode and Gable went from uninterested to "This is awesome!" chants. That's what happens when you allow talented tag teams to put on great matches. It shouldn't be rare and hopefully the trend continues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    944 pm nikkie v ruby 949 im disappointed because the 6 man took too long 1025 pm gaberoode vs the revival 1044 pm
    ...Did I just see Pentagon Jr. dancing? Fun match.