Page 62 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566721121625621062 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I always thought it was sort of funny how arguably the best in-ring worker in the WWE in the last couple years is married to arguably the worst female performer. Nikki actually got better, but being married to Daniel I guess didn't run off too much on Brie.
    I'm surprised they didn't keep Summer Rae and Eva Marie around just to keep the title of worst female wrestler off Brie.

I actually think Nikki is fairly decent, not on the same level as Banks or Becky but capable enough.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Extraordinary Member

I wish Ryback would have shown up to help with the Shield beatdown. LOL.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    They were loudly booed for the Shield beatdown. Only idiots care about how many moves a wrestler does during a match. Ryback was never protected to the extent Braun has been, plus he's working with a guy that actually likes him and busts his ass to make Braun look good whenever they've been matched up unlike Punk who went into whiny shitheel mode and did nothing for Ryback.
    At this point Ryback's push was DOA and he basically was thrown against Punk. Of course he worked sloppy and dropped Punk wrong in a spot (giving Punk a sore hip for awhile due to that). I think Ryback had fucked up booking way before that Punk program. He was buried for months against the SHIELD and lost his heat from that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    At this point Ryback's push was DOA and he basically was thrown against Punk. Of course he worked sloppy and dropped Punk wrong in a spot (giving Punk a sore hip for awhile due to that). I think Ryback had fucked up booking way before that Punk program. He was buried for months against the SHIELD and lost his heat from that.
    The bad booking happened after the feud with Punk though.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The bad booking happened after the feud with Punk though.
    There was 2 programs he had against Punk though. One where he was thrown against him as a face and he was booked terrible in that cage match (It should have been a DQ finish with SHIELD involved) and one where he a year later was a heel.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There was 2 programs he had against Punk though. One where he was thrown against him as a face and he was booked terrible in that cage match (It should have been a DQ finish with SHIELD involved) and one where he a year later was a heel.
    I don't think you actually can get DQed in a cage match.

If killing Ryback is the price to pay to build up the SHIELD, I'd say it was worth it considering SHIELD ended up being 3 main eventers while Ryback ended up sucking. Sometimes things do work out for the best.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    raw needs 5 or 6 good long 25 or so minute matches not a bunch of 5-7 minute matches
    keep the shield off next week maybe
    Nah, 1 or 2 long matches per RAW with the occasional show with 1 or 2 more to switch it up works for RAW. PPVs should always be where you get more longer matches than the TV shows.

Like I said in the bit before what you bolded: Ryback was never protected like Braun has been.

raw needs 5 or 6 good long 25 or so minute matches not a bunch of 5-7 minute matches
    keep the shield off next week maybe
    I think having 1-2 long matches on a RAW is fine, but anything more than than and too many people get left off the show even on a 3 hour raw. Save the long matches for the PPV's and the main event.

That said, SHIELD being in jail probably hurt the wrestling quality of the PPV a bit, since Seth seemingly has been the work horse of the raw brand the last couple matches.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-04-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

BANNED

There are times I really think JD is going to end up being found in a halfway house on medication sometime...he's bitter to an unstable degree.

Astonishing Member

let the bitching begin
    Transformers TCG player

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i gotta admit, stephen amell surprised me at all in. it wasn't the best match but considering who he is, it was still incredible to see a non-wrestler take the bumps he did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i gotta admit, stephen amell surprised me at all in. it wasn't the best match but considering who he is, it was still incredible to see a non-wrestler take the bumps he did.
    better than most wwe womens and at least half the men
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    A popular heel turn no, but the crowd was eerily silent during the Finn Braun match and the subsequent Shield beat down. The kids loved Braun, now they can't, to the adults he just another monster heel, not that great on the mic and without an extensive move set. We might be seeing a Ryback level destruction of momentum.
    Yeah, Braun going heel in order to push the Shield/Roman as your top babyfaces is short sided.

You could have kept Braun in monster tweener land like Taker and Kane.

If the plan is to have a heel dominated Raw with the Shield fighting the evil Baron and his minions then I am okay with that.

WWE has shown little interest in showing a true good vs evil story.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

smh at still trying to make Becky the heel.