Page 556 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 564565065465525535545555565575585595605666066561056 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, I just realized they're putting Money in the Bank on at the same time as the GoT finale
    There aren't a lot of shows which could motivate me to skip a live WWE PPV, but a GoT finale would do it.

BANNED

It's not even a question. GOT has sucked this season, it's an easy miss

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm sure a crappy GoT season would still be better than what the WWE been putting out.

Given the fanbases of both WWE and GoT seem pretty unhappy these days, I do wonder which way fans of both would go. Though I'd assume because it's the very very last GoT, that would be the priority for most viewers. If it were the last RAW ever, I'm sure it might go the other way.

BANNED

MITB does have a sense of unpredictability and freshness about it this year. I feel invested in the MITB matches, more so now that repeat participants are removed

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MITB does have a sense of unpredictability and freshness about it this year. I feel invested in the MITB matches, more so now that repeat participants are removed
    In the least, I will say at THIS point the MitB ladder matches are probably less predictable than the GoT ending will be. Probably.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the fanbases of both WWE and GoT seem pretty unhappy these days, I do wonder which way fans of both would go. Though I'd assume because it's the very very last GoT, that would be the priority for most viewers. If it were the last RAW ever, I'm sure it might go the other way.
    WWE fans have been unhappy for much longer. It's at a point where you can't give the company the benefit of the doubt anymore. I would pick a rerun of GoT over the final Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE fans have been unhappy for much longer. It's at a point where you can't give the company the benefit of the doubt anymore. I would pick a rerun of GoT over the final Raw.
    If you get HBO Go you can rewatch GoT reruns every Monday Night if that's your preference. Just saying.

BANNED

Chad Gable has had a haircut it appears.

Ultimate Member

Given what utter crap S8 of GOT has been, I'm tempted to go with MITB. But given how much I fear that stupid crap will happen there, now I'm not so sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    time for wrestling dontaku 2018 2 on axstv
    start with lij vs suzuki-gun and jericho jumped naito now kushida vs will ospreay for IWGP jr heavyweight championship
    dontaku 2018 3 on axstv
    tanahashi vs okada for the IWPG heavyweight title

dontaku 2019 okada vs sanada (2 hour special) axstv may 3 2019 the blacklist can wait LOL
    match 1 taichi vs jeff cobb(1st match in japan) for the never openweight championship
    match 2 ishii vs evil "the heavy hands of evil"
    the ace hiroshi tanahashi stops by july 6 live G 1CLIMAX jaw white vs okada? on axstv https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/statu...23606270484480
    match 3 sanda vs kazuchika for the IWGP heavyweight championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-17-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

THe answer isn't JUST the love of the business.... that's the answer to why someone would get into the wrestling business in the first place since odds are against you.
    i don't remember anybody asking that question but ok.

The reason you might pay a network to air them is to get on the network. AEW needs millions because they're paying their talent millions, and you're only going to generate that kind of income from being on national TV. If they can't do that, then they would need to totally rethink the idea of having million dollar contracted talent and just run big shows every now and then.
    paying out even more money to be on tv won't help pay talent it's just spending more money. spending money to be on a network defeats the purpose of being on the network in the 1st place. this reminds me of when somebody(you??) thought it would be a good idea for indy promotions to pay WWE to be on their network.

I'm not necessarilyin favor of them paying to air... I was simply arguing they should get the best deal they can. If that meant paying to air, then that's the so be it because that's the best they can do. But if they can do a better deal, then obviously that's better.
    no it's obviously not. it's like if you have a car you want to get rid of and nobody wants to buy it, then somebody says "i'll take it if you pay me $500" just because it's the only offer doesn't mean you should take it, you're literally better off giving the car away for free.

in this case and in todays environment you'd be better off giving your content away for free on youtube than paying to be on a network. advertise on a network sure but don't pay THEM to provide THEM a service.

I was asked why they might pay a network to air on TV, and my answer was simple... to get on TV. Obviously if they can get a better deal than that they should... I never argued otherwise.
    it is a simple answer that is true, horrible reasoning but simple.

Astonishing Member

hiroshi tanahashi vs eric bugenhagen air guitar off in NXT 2020 please

10 12 2015 part 1 axstv
    match 1 yoshi-hashi (chaos) vs tomoaki honnma (G.B.H)
    match 2 (bullet club) fale Anderson gallows vs toru yano kazushi sakuraba and IWGP IC Champion shinsuke nakamura
    match 3 tomohiro ishii vs togi makabe for the NEVER openweight title
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-18-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't remember anybody asking that question but ok.

paying out even more money to be on tv won't help pay talent it's just spending more money. spending money to be on a network defeats the purpose of being on the network in the 1st place. this reminds me of when somebody(you??) thought it would be a good idea for indy promotions to pay WWE to be on their network.

no it's obviously not. it's like if you have a car you want to get rid of and nobody wants to buy it, then somebody says "i'll take it if you pay me $500" just because it's the only offer doesn't mean you should take it, you're literally better off giving the car away for free.

in this case and in todays environment you'd be better off giving your content away for free on youtube than paying to be on a network. advertise on a network sure but don't pay THEM to provide THEM a service.

it is a simple answer that is true, horrible reasoning but simple.
    Spending money to get on national TV doesn't defeat the purpose of being on a network if being on a national platform allows you to generate more money than you are spending to get on a national platform. You spend money to make money. If the fanbase isn't wide enough to the point where you aren't generating add revenue and you're not able to grow your audience then sure... the purpose is defeated because no one is interested in their content and everyone is wasting their time.

Additionally, just being on TV means you're far more likely to generate liscensing deals for such things for such things as video games, etc, which are opportunities to generate more income. Wrestling organizations which can't make it to TV don't get the same opportunities as those that do.

Moral of the story being if you're at the level where you are needing to pay millions to contracte talent, get on national tv. If you can't get on TV, then you probably shouldn't be paying contracted talent millions of dollars in the first place. Not that TV gurantees sucess, but not having it gurantees failure at least with their current business model.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-18-2019 at 05:32 AM.