Page 369 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469869 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    he absolutely is not, especially not mania. maybe if he went away for some time but he's back on tv every few months and gets shoehorned into a match at mania every year.

that time could be used to present somebody who's going to keep wrestling the rest of the year as a star. we have more than enough nostalgia/part timers/special attractions w/o hhh every year.
    If you only wrestle 2-3 times a year, I think it's fair to label you a special attraction.

He's over enough to warrent the spot. And when he's not wrestling another special attraction, he's putting someone else over a younger guy at WM. He still has some credibility and in moderation that can be used.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you only wrestle 2-3 times a year, I think it's fair to label you a special attraction.
    if bryan saxton wrestled 2-3 times a year he could not fairly be called a special attraction.

He's over enough to warrent the spot. And when he's not wrestling another special attraction, he's putting someone else over a younger guy at WM. He still has some credibility and in moderation that can be used.
    that's another misconception. he doesn't put guys over he does jobs for guys that are already over and puts himself in their spotlight. he's not losing at mania to fandango.

if bryan saxton wrestled 2-3 times a year he could not fairly be called a special attraction.

that's another misconception. he doesn't put guys over he does jobs for guys that are already over and puts himself in their spotlight. he's not losing at mania to fandango.
    If Bryan Saxton was a multiple time world champion wrestling 2-3 times a year, I'd call him a special attraction too. Saxton is neither special nor an attraction. Triple H is both.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How the hell is Triple H an attraction? He's been a regular on TV for years as an authority figure and his matches since wrestlemabia 30 has been stinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How the hell is Triple H an attraction? He's been a regular on TV for years as an authority figure and his matches since wrestlemabia 30 has been stinkers.
    He's an attraction because he usually only wrestles 2-3 times a year. That's what special attractions wrestlers do.

His matches usually aren't great, but he's over enough to the point where the crowd is always emotionally invested in the match. He's enough of a draw to justify his spot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I personally would love it if Ronda shoots on "Rebecca Quinn" and ends up getting her ass handed to her.

But we all know that won't happen "legit" ... it would be friggin' funny though.

It was her husband ... that a lot of people think was a part of what led to her downfall. And most people think is well, like Becky's metaphorical penis ... a dick.

I think in all actuality ... they are all really, REALLY good friends. The best wrestling feuds with the nastiest jabs have largely come from close friends.

They are all probably laughing their ass off about it.

I'm 100% convinced Becky or WWE Writers or someone has been helping Ronda with her Twitter/Instagram account. She's had some really good zingers in this feud.

Yes, best friends who feud (in the wrestling world) are often the best because they know they can go really low and the other one not take it personally.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He's an attraction because he usually only wrestles 2-3 times a year. That's what special attractions wrestlers do.

His matches usually aren't great, but he's over enough to the point where the crowd is always emotionally invested in the match. He's enough of a draw to justify his spot.
    In order to be an attraction people have to actually want to see you. Unless he's on NXT HHH doesn't invoke that feeling.

Tell me who was invested in his match against Roman at WrestleMania? The crowd was dead the whole match and only came alive when Steph went through a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In order to be an attraction people have to actually want to see you. Unless he's on NXT HHH doesn't invoke that feeling.

Tell me who was invested in his match against Roman at WrestleMania? The crowd was dead the whole match and only came alive when Steph went through a table.
    I disagree. I think Triple H is probably more over than at least half the lockeroom. I'll wager there is greater emotional investment in anything he does short of the main eventers.

Astonishing Member

I disagree. I think Triple H is probably more over than at least half the lockeroom. I'll wager there is greater emotional investment in anything he does short of the main eventers.
    Agreed. I have always looked at as a emergency back up superstar. A guy who you can put out there without having to negotiate. Like Vince, you can pull him out for a pop.

Astonishing Member

The only interesting thing about Triple H's match at this year's Wrestlemania is the return of Batista.

The history between Triple H and Batista already tells the story for this match and that puts them over the majority, arguably all, other male Raw matches and story lines for Wrestlemania. Difficult to compete with history but that doesn't take away the fact that the story telling for the male talent on Raw has been horribly lackluster for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    new beginning in Osaka tanahashi vs white for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_H...t_Championship
    I'd have to say that may be one of my favorite matches in awhile. The story telling prior to the match and within the match itself is really well told. Still ponder on it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    The only interesting thing about Triple H's match at this year's Wrestlemania is the return of Batista.

The history between Triple H and Batista already tells the story for this match and that puts them over the majority, arguably all, other male Raw matches and story lines for Wrestlemania. Difficult to compete with history but that doesn't take away the fact that the story telling for the male talent on Raw has been horribly lackluster for a very long time.

I'd have to say that may be one of my favorite matches in awhile. The story telling prior to the match and within the match itself is really well told. Still ponder on it quite a bit.
    Well, in the least the Triple H/Batista feud started off well. Interrupting Flairs party caught everyone's attention. We'll see how they follow up on it. I doubt Batista will be around every week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    new beginning in Osaka tanahashi vs white for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_H...t_Championship
    I MUST agree
    pro wrestling storytelling at its finest

https://www.facebook.com/AllEliteWre...type=3&theater
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-02-2019 at 12:00 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

If Bryan Saxton was a multiple time world champion wrestling 2-3 times a year, I'd call him a special attraction too.
    and you'd be wrong then too, which was basically the point.

Saxton is neither special nor an attraction. Triple H is both.
    actually he's not. hh doesn't move the needle now and never really has.

this shows you either don't know what a special attraction is or just believe if WWE books somebody as a special attraction they are one.

i think you're confusing him for his opponent.

as much as i dislike cm punk i have to give him credit for being smart enough to not buy hhhs' bullshit and realize it was hhh who needed the match with him and not him that would benefit from a match with hhh.

gee i wonder why, also this says a lot more about how poor of a job WWE does of creating new stars than it does about hhh.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Agreed. I have always looked at as a emergency back up superstar. A guy who you can put out there without having to negotiate. Like Vince, you can pull him out for a pop.
    and that sums up what he really is in rather than what he thinks(and wwe tries to tell us) he is.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
    Two Hundred
    March 1, 2019
    The Globe Theater
    Los Angeles, CA

Jungle Boy over Jake Atlas and Trey Miguel via crucifix on Miguel. [10’31]

Puma King over Laredo Kid via submission. [12’53]

Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent?) over Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) via roll up by Trent? on Davis. [20’32]

Brody King over Darby Allin via sitdown piledriver. [14’12]

Jonathan Gresham over David Starr
    by submission. [19’21]

The Rascalz (Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier) over Lucha Brothers (PENTA EL 0M & REY FENIX) and LAX (Ortiz & Santana) to retain the PWG World Tag Team Championship. [10’04]

Jeff Cobb over Bandido via Tour of the Islands to retain the PWG World Championship. [19’48]
    surprised jungle boy worked the show considering his dads' condition and all.

that main event sounds hot as hell.

and you'd be wrong then too, which was basically the point.

actually he's not. hh doesn't move the needle now and never really has.

this shows you either don't know what a special attraction is or just believe if WWE books somebody as a special attraction they are one. Very few people in the modern Era are as good at that as him. Arguably no one is.

i think you're confusing him for his opponent.

as much as i dislike cm punk i have to give him credit for being smart enough to not buy hhhs' bullshit and realize it was hhh who needed the match with him and not him that would benefit from a match with hhh.

gee i wonder why, also this says a lot more about how poor of a job WWE does of creating new stars than it does about hhh.

and that sums up what he really is in rather than what he thinks(and wwe tries to tell us) he is.

surprised jungle boy worked the show considering his dads' condition and all.

that main event sounds hot as hell.
    I'd agree Triple H wouldn't move the needle, but he's still more over than almost anyone they would put in that spot.

And the why is simple ... he's one of the best if not the best mic worker in the locker room right now. He's very very good at working the crowd and eliciting the reaction he needs, heel or face.