Page 984 of 1045 FirstFirst ... 4848849349749809819829839849859869879889941034 ... LastLast
Results 14,746 to 14,760 of 15675
  1. #14746
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    There is no standout woman on the roster. I would have put women in all of their stables. I would have had a woman in the Dark Order, The Inner Circle, The Elite, maybe even the Jurassic Express.
    Nxt definately is putting AEW to shame as far as the women goes. I had no idea who Blackhart was, but 2 showings already have me more invested than the dozen or so dentist segments with Brit.

  2. #14747
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Shotzi is new to the point where a loss doesn't really hurt her against arguably the brands biggest star. A good showing allows her stand out without hurting Shayna, who may need to be booked strong if she's ending up with a high profile spot in the big show.

    I

    At this point, we're past the point of the whole "just looking good when losing to Shayna is enough" stage. We've gotten two years of that already. She should be putting some people over, by putting them over. Also you want to make a new star, let them WIN a match against a big opponent.

    Also I'm not fond of the idea of sacrificing the division for the sake of a story that otherwise has nothing to do with them. They did it last year with the SD division, and it was crap there as well.

  3. #14748
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    At this point, we're past the point of the whole "just looking good when losing to Shayna is enough" stage. We've gotten two years of that already. She should be putting some people over, by putting them over. Also you want to make a new star, let them WIN a match against a big opponent.

    Also I'm not fond of the idea of sacrificing the division for the sake of a story that otherwise has nothing to do with them. They did it last year with the SD division, and it was crap there as well.
    She put over Rhea pretty imprrssivrly.

    But if you want her to possibly face the biggest female in the industry on the biggest show of the year, you don't hob her out to someone who just wslked through the door. I lime Blackhart as much as the next guy, but pushing her isn't and shouldn't be the priority. If you book Bayzler weak, having Becky lose to her makes Becky look bad.

  4. #14749
    The Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    NXT:

    Shotzi winning was nice, she should have beaten Shayna though, I still believe that.

    Lee vs. Dijakovic sounds cool.

    Ciampa looked like a total badass here.

    Dakota losing to Tegan already was the wrong move imo. It'd have made more sense to save that for a later match.

    Pete Dunne is awesome.

    AEW:

    Pac is awesome. Moxley should bear Jericho for the belt, and then Pac beats him for it later on. He's too great not to be AEW Champion.

    Still waiting to be impressed with Nyla.

    Darby is so fun to watch. Between him, Sammy, MJF, Cody, Jungle Boy, etch, AEW should have some kind of midcard title for these guys to tear it up over.
    I think Mox beats Jericho, then drops the belt to PAC at the July PPV, setting up Omega to be the one to take the belt from PAC as a natural escalation of their rivalry.

  5. #14750
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Nxt definately is putting AEW to shame as far as the women goes. I had no idea who Blackhart was, but 2 showings already have me more invested than the dozen or so dentist segments with Brit.
    I am more interested in Thunder Rosa and Camille from NWA than I am in any woman in AEW.

  6. #14751
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I am more interested in Thunder Rosa and Camille from NWA than I am in any woman in AEW.
    I'll give nwa credit in thay regard ... they are doing a pretty food with a fairly small limited roster.

  7. #14752
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She put over Rhea pretty imprrssivrly.

    But if you want her to possibly face the biggest female in the industry on the biggest show of the year, you don't hob her out to someone who just wslked through the door. I lime Blackhart as much as the next guy, but pushing her isn't and shouldn't be the priority. If you book Bayzler weak, having Becky lose to her makes Becky look bad.
    Shotzi has had moments and good showings. There is a long line of women, so she doesn't need to come in as this unstoppable Force.Quitw frankly , I wouldnt have had Bazzler show up until the Royal Rumble. Bazzler doesn't need to be jobbing when she has a big mania match coming up.

  8. #14753
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll give nwa credit in thay regard ... they are doing a pretty food with a fairly small limited roster.
    NWA is in the star making business not in the content business.They are trying to push stars and not matches. Most of the matches on Powerrr are forgettable. The perfect world would be NWA storytelling/promos with AEW in ring performances.

  9. #14754
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She put over Rhea pretty imprrssivrly.

    But if you want her to possibly face the biggest female in the industry on the biggest show of the year, you don't hob her out to someone who just wslked through the door. I lime Blackhart as much as the next guy, but pushing her isn't and shouldn't be the priority. If you book Bayzler weak, having Becky lose to her makes Becky look bad.
    Shayna gonna get moved up the best thing they can do for her is put another girl over on the way out. That's the tradition and overall best course of action for the long run. Once she goes to Raw her NXT run won't matter anymore

  10. #14755
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Shayna gonna get moved up the best thing they can do for her is put another girl over on the way out. That's the tradition and overall best course of action for the long run. Once she goes to Raw her NXT run won't matter anymore
    She said out over someone else on her way up ... Rhea. Lost to her at War Games and dropped the title. Most nxt chanps prior to going up drop the belt to someone on their way up ... though there are a few exceptions like the War Raiders and Asuka.

  11. #14756
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She said out over someone else on her way up ... Rhea. Lost to her at War Games and dropped the title. Most nxt chanps prior to going up drop the belt to someone on their way up ... though there are a few exceptions like the War Raiders and Asuka.
    That would have been fine if she went up after losing the belt but she didn't. She's stuck around and started a feud a Blackheart.

  12. #14757
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That would have been fine if she went up after losing the belt but she didn't. She's stuck around and started a feud a Blackheart.
    And that seemed to work in Blackharts favor despite the loss. It put immediate spotlight on her. It also got her in the Rumble.

  13. #14758

  14. #14759
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The slash and burn begins.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  15. #14760
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Oooh let's see what the financials look like tomorrow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •