Page 1190 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 19069010901140118011861187118811891190119111921193119412001240 ... LastLast
Results 17,836 to 17,850 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

They should have Big-E break kayfabe a little and go up against Vince. "You made me shake and flip pancakes!"BOOM! Vince might be to old to take a bump but that would be some ****. On some road to a Championship stuff like they did in the attitude era.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 07-27-2020 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Do you do a whole new packaging?

New Ring Gear.
    New Music.
    New Finisher

And so forth.
    They didn't remove the New Day stuff from Kofi when he was champion. Why do it with Big E?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    They should have Big-E break kayfabe a little and go up against Vince. "You made me shake and flip pancakes!"BOOM! Vince might be to old to take a bump but that would be some ****. On some road to a Championship stuff like they did in the attitude era.
    But, is that a Vince thing or a New Day thing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Real GLOW, current GLOW, or Netflix's GLOW?
    Netflix GLOW. I can't remember her name.But the characters feel similar. It like in the 80's, Lacey Evans character would have to be a face, but today she screams pure heel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They didn't remove the New Day stuff from Kofi when he was champion. Why do it with Big E?
    Honestly, I think that hurt Kofi. I think goofy New Day Kofi could never really seperate himself as a singles star. When the New Day is finally healthy than bring back that theme out. But if you are serious about changing how Big E is going to be as a Singles Star, you have to do more than just win matches.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    But, is that a Vince thing or a New Day thing?
    I think they should play it like Vince thought they couldn't get over being serious. So he kinda pushed them to do the comedy stuff. I can see it like Big E and Vince in the ring and being friendly at first. But then E is like"But the pancakes weren't funny Vince" And Vince is all flabbergasted at first and then goes into one of his "Who the hell do you think you are??? rants lol.

Then E hits him with a finisher and makes him eat pancakes or something. Then Vince gets revenge by putting him through a tournament fighting monsters like Sheamus,Cesaro,Lashley and Braun. Like the deck is stacked like E can't win but eventually gets a big title out of it.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 07-27-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Why not Hunter? He's the on-screen authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Netflix GLOW. I can't remember her name.But the characters feel similar. It like in the 80's, Lacey Evans character would have to be a face, but today she screams pure heel.
    Liberty Belle? Betty Gilpin's character?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Yes, it's Liberty Belle. Thank you. I see a lot of Glow influence in womens wrestling lately. I am cool with that. The character may be goofy but at least they had unique personalities.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah Hunter could work too. I just always remember Vince's classic meltdowns lol.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You forgot to mention that AJ confronted Vince about their releases. Vince told them they initially weren't on it and Heyman got in his ear when he told him how much they were making.
    I should have mentioned they weren't originally on the list until Heyman told Vince what they were making. Which made Vince McMahon react as we saw. In the end though , Heyman didn't fire the guys. He didn't have that authority to fire guys. He told Vince they were making that much and McMahon looking at the fact they were barely on TV being used likely decided with this virus and needing to cut salary they were expendable.

It sounds like AJ's just angry his buddies got fired. But they were originally gonna leave back last fall before HHH signed them as we saw to keep em off AEW.

Sky Italy and Sky UK is dropping WWE for AEW.
    As posted this is a BIG blow. Bigger than losing talent etc. TV deals are the bread and butter of everything and international ones like this are a big $$$ deal for Vince. He likely swore and isn't happy. Because this give AEW a nice international market to grow in and once this mess is over a UK tour will do gangbusters.

It did for TNA who did 2 tours a year there to packed places. It was said when Dixie was trying to sell the company years earlier if someone bought it and moved it to UK it would do really solid there.

Also back then when Vince had interest before Anthem and all shook out , the big factors for getting TNA was -- 1 TV Library he could use. 2-- The International TV deals as well. (He would have likely ran Impact as a farm league ala NXT. Of course before NXT had TV deal he could have renamed the company NXT Impact and just did an invasion angle and used it)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Then Vince gets revenge by putting him through a tournament fighting monsters like Sheamus,Cesaro,Lashley and Braun. Like the deck is stacked like E can't win but eventually gets a big title out of it.
    So basically the same story they did with Kofi?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So basically the same story they did with Kofi?
    Except Kofi didn't break kayfabe. I think E should come across a little more angry and serious.

Except Kofi didn't break kayfabe. I think E should come across a little more angry and serious.
    Seems a bit ... tone deaf?

Why can't he still be a fun loving man?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Seems a bit ... tone deaf?

Why can't he still be a fun loving man?
    Eh..how many fun-loving Champs/Wrestlers get taken seriously? WWE has enough joke acts. I mean he can still keep that side but for a singles push, the clown stuff needs to be toned down.

Astonishing Member

I don't think you should do KofiMania. You can't recapture that Magic. There is a story about a man taking control of his destiny and achieving his goal.

Build up your heel. Make Big E the one guy who can beat the unbeatable. A Good Man conquering a Great Evil is a wonderful star making storyline.