Page 894 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 394794844884890891892893894895896897898904944994 ... LastLast
Results 13,396 to 13,410 of 19298
    Amazing Member

That was an awesome show. While I enjoyed the women's war games and it had some incredible moments, I do feel a bit iffy about Team Rhea winning a 4 vs 2 handicap. 3 way was amazing. Balor vs Riddle was really good but got outshined by the other matches since it was a basic 1 vs 1 match. Main event was amazing. But damn Bobby Fish was limping kinda bad at the end and was being helped on his way back hopefully he didn't aggravate his knee injuries. Oh and Swerve vs Garza was a good opener (pre show)

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't see the similarities in the story or how they work in the ring. tessa is not a high flyer or a luchador, cage isn't a heel, and they're not even in a feud.

it really wasn't though and i think that might be where your issue is. you felt it should or was supposed to be david vs goliath but that's not what it was. to be fair cage did endure a hell of a lot of punishment, my problem is it came from a basically left for dead rich swann. i would've had elgin go over swann and he and cage just kill each other and then let tess and cage have the match they did.

how do you guys feel about movies like atomic blonde or kill bill??

i'd have to go with beastie on this one, though i haven't seen a whole lot she's been pretty damn good when i've seen her.

by that do you just mean they're going to call him up?? love keith, but he has 2 big things working against him 1)he's 35 2)he's unmistakingly african american.
    How do I feel about movies like Atomic Blonde or Kill Bill where the smaller women fighting larger mean have guns and swords? Better about the smaller women fighting larger men because they have guns and swords.

As far as Keith... I think he'll do about as well as Samoa Joe. I don't think he'll be THE guy. But I do think he still has a solid chance of being handled as a good credible upper mid-carder just sort of being a top guy. Big talented guy with presence. But WWE is stacked with talent, so there's never any gurantees in this sort of thing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in listening to Cornette's reply back on Friday about the NWA deal...

- Cornette was home and working downstairs when he claims Lagana called him. He called back and left a message that evening.

- That next morning Jim got up and checked his twitter and was like WTF is happening as people were calling him the worst human and swearing at him. So he quickly learns its about the NWA episode. So that morning Lagana calls him as they discuss it.

- Jim claims that the joke is a 30 year old one he used for Big Bubba Rogers to get him heel heat and was about starvation in Eithopia. That he coined the joke as the guys were in Charlotte getting chicken after switching cars.

- He asks why Lagana didn't say anything then after it was shot and he claimed it was by so quick he didn't notice it. But the outrage had exploded and Cornette blamed the AEW fans for circulating it. Cornette countered how you don't give in to these fans or they will see this and demand you do more. That its gonna keep doing it. So he said you can release a statement since you already called me up and reprimanded me over the line since its what your doing.

- The joke he discovered as a fan told him is also one ran on a 1995 WWF Superstars show. That the chicken joke is there as well from what someone discovered. Cornette claims the joke has been aired on TBS , USA Network and was aired internationally as well. It surprised him this joke was too much for Youtube to handle.

- Then he goes in on the fact this episode was sitting in a can for 6 weeks waiting to air. That Lagana , the co-host beside him didn't stop him right after or the TV people in the booth didn't say a word as it came across. That no one in 6 weeks saw a problem with this line used. That if anyone had a problem they could have said , hey were removing that line of a joke then fine. Ok , sorry it put extra work on you to do.

- If anyone had said , hey Jim that joke is racist and we can't air it , well its about starvation and is meant to be funny about that. Cornette brings up the Starvin Marvin episode of South Park as a reference. He also brings up he wished they had issued a better statement of , hey one of our announcers made a 30 year old joke that is now in bad taste and we apologize. It should have never made it past editing. Instead he feels Lagana tossed it all on him without any blame on not telling him at all weeks ago.

- Cornette claims he only did the show because he likes the NWA and the approach its doing. That its about pro wrestling and he did it for fun. But when things aren't being fun as he's had people demanding every couple weeks he apologize for something then its not fun.

- Jim apologized for any belief the joke was racist. That was not his intent. His co-host himself was asked about it and he told Jim the joke isn't good. That its in bad taste now for what many already know . That maybe it works for a heel manager trying to get his guy heel heat as was with Rogers , but not with today.

- Cornette understands that and he would have understood if they removed it saying it was a bad joke. His co-host of the podcast brings up that he has known him for 25 years way before the podcast. That he doesn't believe Jim is racist or anything like that. Since he is Jewish and he has literally hit people who have said terrible things like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOvRmf_HYAU
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSmark View Post
    That was an awesome show. While I enjoyed the women's war games and it had some incredible moments, I do feel a bit iffy about Team Rhea winning a 4 vs 2 handicap. 3 way was amazing. Balor vs Riddle was really good but got outshined by the other matches since it was a basic 1 vs 1 match. Main event was amazing. But damn Bobby Fish was limping kinda bad at the end and was being helped on his way back hopefully he didn't aggravate his knee injuries. Oh and Swerve vs Garza was a good opener (pre show)
    Yeah, I do think it made the heels look somewhat weak that they couldn't win a match 4 on 2. It was such a fun match I can almost overlook it, and I get wanting Rhea to win to help build her up as a threat to Bazler but still... those odds are a bit too big to overcome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I do think it made the heels look somewhat weak that they couldn't win a match 4 on 2. It was such a fun match I can almost overlook it, and I get wanting Rhea to win to help build her up as a threat to Bazler but still... those odds are a bit too big to overcome.
    They did it well enough that it was easy to explain. Since all the heat was on Bazler, who never loses, I was happy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

- Cornette was home and working downstairs when he claims Lagana called him. He called back and left a message that evening.

- That next morning Jim got up and checked his twitter and was like WTF is happening as people were calling him the worst human and swearing at him. So he quickly learns its about the NWA episode. So that morning Lagana calls him as they discuss it.

- Jim claims that the joke is a 30 year old one he used for Big Bubba Rogers to get him heel heat and was about starvation in Eithopia. That he coined the joke as the guys were in Charlotte getting chicken after switching cars.

- He asks why Lagana didn't say anything then after it was shot and he claimed it was by so quick he didn't notice it. But the outrage had exploded and Cornette blamed the AEW fans for circulating it. Cornette countered how you don't give in to these fans or they will see this and demand you do more. That its gonna keep doing it. So he said you can release a statement since you already called me up and reprimanded me over the line since its what your doing.

- The joke he discovered as a fan told him is also one ran on a 1995 WWF Superstars show. That the chicken joke is there as well from what someone discovered. Cornette claims the joke has been aired on TBS , USA Network and was aired internationally as well. It surprised him this joke was too much for Youtube to handle.

- Then he goes in on the fact this episode was sitting in a can for 6 weeks waiting to air. That Lagana , the co-host beside him didn't stop him right after or the TV people in the booth didn't say a word as it came across. That no one in 6 weeks saw a problem with this line used. That if anyone had a problem they could have said , hey were removing that line of a joke then fine. Ok , sorry it put extra work on you to do.

- If anyone had said , hey Jim that joke is racist and we can't air it , well its about starvation and is meant to be funny about that. Cornette brings up the Starvin Marvin episode of South Park as a reference. He also brings up he wished they had issued a better statement of , hey one of our announcers made a 30 year old joke that is now in bad taste and we apologize. It should have never made it past editing. Instead he feels Lagana tossed it all on him without any blame on not telling him at all weeks ago.

- Cornette claims he only did the show because he likes the NWA and the approach its doing. That its about pro wrestling and he did it for fun. But when things aren't being fun as he's had people demanding every couple weeks he apologize for something then its not fun.

- Jim apologized for any belief the joke was racist. That was not his intent. His co-host himself was asked about it and he told Jim the joke isn't good. That its in bad taste now for what many already know . That maybe it works for a heel manager trying to get his guy heel heat as was with Rogers , but not with today.

- Cornette understands that and he would have understood if they removed it saying it was a bad joke. His co-host of the podcast brings up that he has known him for 25 years way before the podcast. That he doesn't believe Jim is racist or anything like that. Since he is Jewish and he has literally hit people who have said terrible things like that.

I believe Cornette. I also believe that he is completely oblivious to modern day sensibilities. "It's joke" is not shield from being irresponsible with your speech.

How do I feel about movies like Atomic Blonde or Kill Bill where the smaller women fighting larger mean have guns and swords? Better about the smaller women fighting larger men because they have guns and swords.

As far as Keith... I think he'll do about as well as Samoa Joe. I don't think he'll be THE guy. But I do think he still has a solid chance of being handled as a good credible upper mid-carder just sort of being a top guy. Big talented guy with presence. But WWE is stacked with talent, so there's never any gurantees in this sort of thing.
    So you just ignore all the hand to hand combat and the men also having guns and swords as well??

Would you be able to buy Wonder Woman vs Superman??

Ultimate Member

Dunne winning was cool, and him vs. Cole sounds awesome.

Balor winning was the right call.

Both War Games matches were awesome, I think I preferred the Women's Match more though. Rhea looked REALLY smart here. They need to capitalize on her momentum, she should take the belt from Shayna in the near-future. The handcuff thing was great.

I'm conflicted on the Dakota thing. Her and Tegan played it really well. But WWE needs to hold off doing the "natural babyfaces lose a ton and then turn heel because they're losers.". Sami, Bayley, Kairi, and now Dakota, you need to have at least SOME credible babyfaces. Also you had the perfect "babyface overcoming the big bad heel" story with Dakota, and instead you do this? Plus the NXT women's division is VERY heel top-heavy as it is. This needs to be the last such turn for a while I think, start booking babyfaces to succeed as babyfaces.

Seeing KO again was EPIC!! And that pop that he got was insane. Can he stay in NXT, pretty please.

Overall, great show.

So you just ignore all the hand to hand combat and the men also having guns and swords as well??

Would you be able to buy Wonder Woman vs Superman??
    Like I said in an earlier response, it can depend on if it's the right man and woman. I can buy Bazler and Cole in NXT to a good degree, in the same way I could buy Wonder Woman and Superman. But Tessa and Cage are probably closer to Hulk and SHe-Hulk... and honestly I do believe Hulk would squash She-Hulk 99.99% of the time.

There are instances (especially in fiction) where a woman and man can fight on what I would perceive a relatively equal footing. This just wasn't one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Dunne winning was cool, and him vs. Cole sounds awesome.

Balor winning was the right call.

Both War Games matches were awesome, I think I preferred the Women's Match more though. Rhea looked REALLY smart here. They need to capitalize on her momentum, she should take the belt from Shayna in the near-future. The handcuff thing was great.

I'm conflicted on the Dakota thing. Her and Tegan played it really well. But WWE needs to hold off doing the "natural babyfaces lose a ton and then turn heel because they're losers.". Sami, Bayley, Kairi, and now Dakota, you need to have at least SOME credible babyfaces. Also you had the perfect "babyface overcoming the big bad heel" story with Dakota, and instead you do this? Plus the NXT women's division is VERY heel top-heavy as it is. This needs to be the last such turn for a while I think, start booking babyfaces to succeed as babyfaces.

Seeing KO again was EPIC!! And that pop that he got was insane. Can he stay in NXT, pretty please.

Overall, great show.
    I think KO staying in NXT for a short run is fine... but IMO he shouldn't stay there. Yes, it helps ratings... but NXT it still a developmental to a large degree, and too much focus on already established main roster WWE stars will actually start taking away opportunity if they're not used JUST right. It's sort of like when the main roster relies too heavily on Rock or other past stars... in moderation it's a good idea especially when they are ultimately putting people over. But it should still be about developing new talent. That's why I'm HOPING Triple H himself doesn't get in the ring for team NXT at Survivor Series.

Like I said in an earlier response, it can depend on if it's the right man and woman. I can buy Bazler and Cole in NXT to a good degree, in the same way I could buy Wonder Woman and Superman. But Tessa and Cage are probably closer to Hulk and SHe-Hulk... and honestly I do believe Hulk would squash She-Hulk 99.99% of the time.

There are instances (especially in fiction) where a woman and man can fight on what I would perceive a relatively equal footing. This just wasn't one of those times.
    But I wasn't asking about Tessa and Brian I was asking about movies.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 11-24-2019 at 06:47 AM.

But I wasn't asking about Tessa and Brian I was asking about movies.
    Like I said, it depends. With the right woman and the right man, an intergender fight is fine. I haven't watched either of the movies you mentioned in a long time, but I don't recall not buying any of the fights off the top of my head. If the difference in physical stats isn't too insurmountable and the woman is more skilled or at least as skilled, I assume it's fine. It's part of the reason I think Bazler could work in a lot of interdenger matches... though I would't be putting her in there with Brock Lesnar anytime soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Sounds like the usual bullshit.

**** Cornette.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The thing about Dakota's turn is that it wasn't about being a "loser," it was about her supposed best friend not sticking up for her when she had to jump through hoops to try and get Rhea to consider her for the last spot on the team.