Page 1178 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 1786781078112811681174117511761177117811791180118111821188 ... LastLast
Results 17,656 to 17,670 of 18030
  1. #17656
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yeah, I can't think of any recent time either where managers have gotten this much spotlight.

    My issue with AEW big men is they get a short hard push and then lose, and just become another guy. Brodie Lee has been a complete dud. Lance Archer should be going after bigger fish than Janella.
    not sure how you can even call that when there's no crowd but brodie still looks like a monster to me as he's only lost to mox and he didn't actually tap in that match.

    janela is perfect for archer right now imo, he'll bump his ass off to make archer look great and he'll get great heat for it as well.

    and to be honest janela probably has more upside, but archer is a big guy.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-08-2020 at 05:36 PM.

  2. #17657
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    386

    Default

    good match between cole and lee. i am guessing cole will be moving up to the main roster soon while lee will deal with kross.

  3. #17658
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    not sure how you can even call that when there's no crowd but brodie still looks like a monster to me as he's only lost to mox and he didn't actually tap in that match.

    janela is perfect for archer right now imo, he'll bump his ass off to make archer look great and he'll get great heat for it as well.

    and to be honest janela probably has more upside, but archer is a big guy.
    Who is Brodie feuding with Colt Cabana? Brodie should still be feuding with Moxley. There are some "evil" folks on the AEW roster, that could have made the Dark Order something.
    Pentagon
    Fenix
    Butcher
    Blade
    Abandon
    Archer
    Roberts
    Darby Allin
    Instead we are going with a league of losers, which would as a Babyface gimmick but not as intimidating heels.

  4. #17659
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Who is Brodie feuding with Colt Cabana? Brodie should still be feuding with Moxley. There are some "evil" folks on the AEW roster, that could have made the Dark Order something.
    Pentagon
    Fenix
    Butcher
    Blade
    Abandon
    Archer
    Roberts
    Darby Allin
    Instead we are going with a league of losers, which would as a Babyface gimmick but not as intimidating heels.
    You almost want to keep Brody away from guys like Mox or Cody unless you're booking him to win. I think for monsters ideally you want to protect them from losses at least right out of the gate. It's an area AEW should maybe work on a bit.

  5. #17660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's a massive change in plan. Before the global bastard happened Aldis was building a major feud with Scrull.
    They may be wanting to avoid Marty right now with the allegations against him and all.
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 7
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Superman, Young Justice

  6. #17661
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Who is Brodie feuding with Colt Cabana? Brodie should still be feuding with Moxley. There are some "evil" folks on the AEW roster, that could have made the Dark Order something.
    Pentagon
    Fenix
    Butcher
    Blade
    Abandon
    Archer
    Roberts
    Darby Allin
    Instead we are going with a league of losers, which would as a Babyface gimmick but not as intimidating heels.
    It's good that Brodie isn't continuing the feud with Moxley. He wasn't established when that feud started. It feels like AEW is actually doing that now with the angle with Colt.

    I don't want anyone good to be apart of the dork order.

  7. #17662
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Who is Brodie feuding with Colt Cabana? Brodie should still be feuding with Moxley. There are some "evil" folks on the AEW roster, that could have made the Dark Order something.
    Pentagon
    Fenix
    Butcher
    Blade
    Abandon
    Archer
    Roberts
    Darby Allin
    Instead we are going with a league of losers, which would as a Babyface gimmick but not as intimidating heels.
    The Dark Order is a cult. Cults don't recruit people on the top of the world, they recruit the downtrodden

  8. #17663
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The Dark Order is a cult. Cults don't recruit people on the top of the world, they recruit the downtrodden
    That's the problem with the group. If all you recruit are "losers", then all the fans see are losers. Look at Seth Rollins, he recruits those who are vulnerable but the fans have seen Theory and Murphy be awesome. If you are going to see these stunning transformations where the lovable loser becomes dominant then you can justify it. But no one who has joined the Order has gotten a significant push.

    I would face turn them. Make them lovable losers because they are far from threatening. I would have Hardy be their leader.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 07-09-2020 at 07:28 PM.

  9. #17664
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Who is Brodie feuding with Colt Cabana? Brodie should still be feuding with Moxley. There are some "evil" folks on the AEW roster, that could have made the Dark Order something.
    Pentagon
    Fenix
    Butcher
    Blade
    Abandon
    Archer
    Roberts
    Darby Allin
    Instead we are going with a league of losers, which would as a Babyface gimmick but not as intimidating heels.
    i don't think he's feuding with colt but that's a feud he'd win which is better for him than losing to mox again.

    wait you think dark order are a league of losers but butcher, blade, and abadon would some how change that?? dark order are goons for the most part, obviously there's a pecking order where uno & grayson are brodie's right hand men, then silver & reynolds and everyone else. pentagon, fenix, archer, roberts, and allin would gain nothing by being in the dark order and just take shine away from other guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You almost want to keep Brody away from guys like Mox or Cody unless you're booking him to win. I think for monsters ideally you want to protect them from losses at least right out of the gate. It's an area AEW should maybe work on a bit.
    agreed.
    though by having them just lose a match rather than a proper feud it didn't hurt them as much and did do a lot for the resume of their champions.

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That's the problem with the group. If all you recruit are "losers", then all the fans see are losers. Look at Seth Rollins, he recruits those who are vulnerable but the fans have seen Theory and Murphy be awesome. If you are going to see these stunning transformations where the lovable loser becomes dominant then you can justify it. But no one who has joined the Order has gotten a significant push.

    I would face turn them. Make them lovable losers because they are far from threatening. I would have Hardy be their leader.
    "losers" is all their supposed to be for now, it should take time for someone to realize they being xploited/manipulated/used etc, and they've got plenty of time for somebody to breakout. also both the beaver boys and smash bros are better tag teams than theory and murphy.

    orange cassidy had a hell of a showing against jericho in the main event.

    poor adam cole, i don't see much for him in the pritchard era.
    god damn it's nice to see how great orton can be when hhh isn't around to ruin him, the sad part is he's been this good for at least a decade and they've not truly taken advantage. please do orton vs drew as the next big program.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-10-2020 at 12:18 AM.

  10. #17665
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't think he's feuding with colt but that's a feud he'd win which is better for him than losing to mox again.

    wait you think dark order are a league of losers but butcher, blade, and abadon would some how change that?? dark order are goons for the most part, obviously there's a pecking order where uno & grayson are brodie's right hand men, then silver & reynolds and everyone else. pentagon, fenix, archer, roberts, and allin would gain nothing by being in the dark order and just take shine away from other guys.



    agreed.
    though by having them just lose a match rather than a proper feud it didn't hurt them as much and did do a lot for the resume of their champions.



    "losers" is all their supposed to be for now, it should take time for someone to realize they being xploited/manipulated/used etc, and they've got plenty of time for somebody to breakout. also both the beaver boys and smash bros are better tag teams than theory and murphy.

    orange cassidy had a hell of a showing against jericho in the main event.

    poor adam cole, i don't see much for him in the pritchard era.
    god damn it's nice to see how great orton can be when hhh isn't around to ruin him, the sad part is he's been this good for at least a decade and they've not truly taken advantage. please do orton vs drew as the next big program.
    If you had a group of
    Pentagon
    Abandon
    Lance Archer
    Brodie Lee
    With Jake as their manager. You would reset the Dark Order as an intimidating unit that could be used in so many feuds.

    If you let Matt Hardy and put his broken goofy magic on the Super Smash Bros , you would have lovable team like the Jurassic Express. There is nothing wrong with having teams for the kids.

    The current Dark Order gets way too much air time for a team of "losers'.

  11. #17666
    Mighty Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    A group of Pentagon, Archer, and Lee just wouldn't work. Too many alpha personalities in play leading to things like who's the top dog of the bunch and "Why should one of them even give a damn about what the other says?" questions.

  12. #17667
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    If you had a group of
    Pentagon
    Abandon
    Lance Archer
    Brodie Lee
    With Jake as their manager. You would reset the Dark Order as an intimidating unit that could be used in so many feuds.

    If you let Matt Hardy and put his broken goofy magic on the Super Smash Bros , you would have lovable team like the Jurassic Express. There is nothing wrong with having teams for the kids.

    The current Dark Order gets way too much air time for a team of "losers'.
    You got like no midcard guys here. Who will take the fall when they need to lose? Also, the dork order isn't meant to be intimidating. They are creepy.

  13. #17668
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You got like no midcard guys here. Who will take the fall when they need to lose? Also, the dork order isn't meant to be intimidating. They are creepy.
    They ain't creepy, they are corny.
    Archer and Brodie would be your tag team.
    Pentagon is your singles performer.
    Abandon is your women's performer.
    Jake is the mouthpiece. All of these guys lose. They just don't lose often. Everybody has a lane. So there is no inherent competition.

  14. #17669
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    A group of Pentagon, Archer, and Lee just wouldn't work. Too many alpha personalities in play leading to things like who's the top dog of the bunch and "Why should one of them even give a damn about what the other says?" questions.
    Lol, they are a bunch of people with little mic skills and their is no bigger alpha than Jake Roberts

  15. #17670
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    They ain't creepy, they are corny.
    Archer and Brodie would be your tag team.
    Pentagon is your singles performer.
    Abandon is your women's performer.
    Jake is the mouthpiece. All of these guys lose. They just don't lose often. Everybody has a lane. So there is no inherent competition.
    The stable has two teams in it already. Brodie himself doesn't need to be in one.

    Archer just wants to murder people. His general doesn't gel with what the dork order does. He makes no sense. Same with Abandon as she's a onryō. Unless group plans on going full supernatural she don't belong

    Pentagon is already in a stable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •