Page 882 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 382782832872878879880881882883884885886892932982 ... LastLast
Results 13,216 to 13,230 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Now eric young on the other hand is a lost cause in the e
    Like Samoa Joe, and Bobby Roode, they originally only planned to have him be in NXT and give them some veterans to put their younger guys over.

They probably aren't going to give a 40 year guy a big push at this point. But I suspect he'll transition over to a full time role or coach at some point. (If he wants to stay with the company)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It's official: The January 15th Episode of AEW will be Bash at the Beach.
    That is weird to have that title (Guess WWE let the copyright lapse) and the fact its in the middle of January. Honestly I can see it used for Spring break or summer as a show title or event.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I am surprised that you say that. The AEW women division is the only part of AEW that I hear almost universal criticism about.
    I'm not 100% convinced AEW can handle a womens division better than the WWE.

It's perfectly fine in that we're getting reasonably talent wrestlers putting out reasonably solid enough matches. But they're not doing a great job creating stars or getting the audience emotionally invested IMO.

I'm 100% sure Kairi would have an easier time having a top spot in AEW than the WWE, but that's not necessarily because they book their women better. It could entirely stem from there not really being any competition for her at the top spot. In AEW she's not competing with Becky Lynch or Charlotte Flair or Sasha Banks. She can step over Riho and Brit Baker without breaking a sweat honestly. Riho is sort of a poor mans Kairi, and Brits entire character is based around being an dentist. A freaking dentist. That's what she's competing with in AEW. She or any other top WWE female star would be running the division in a week and a half.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not 100% convinced AEW can handle a womens division better than the WWE.

It's perfectly fine in that we're getting reasonably talent wrestlers putting out reasonably solid enough matches. But they're not doing a great job creating stars or getting the audience emotionally invested IMO.

I'm 100% sure Kairi would have an easier time having a top spot in AEW than the WWE, but that's not necessarily because they book their women better. It could entirely stem from there not really being any competition for her at the top spot. In AEW she's not competing with Becky Lynch or Charlotte Flair or Sasha Banks. She can step over Riho and Brit Baker without breaking a sweat honestly. Riho is sort of a poor mans Kairi, and Brits entire character is based around being an dentist. A freaking dentist. That's what she's competing with in AEW. She or any other top WWE female star would be running the division in a week and a half.
    AEW women's division is a mess.

Having a champ that cut a promo does the division no favors.

I have serious issues calling a transgender woman a beast.

I have no reason to care about Brandi and Kong, and I should. Brandi going dark heel should probably affect Cody in some way.

Kong should have been the first AEW women's champ. She has name and cut a promo. With Brandi's backing , she could have a great heel champ that Brit or Riho(not a fan) could beat to put the over. Brit making Kong tap to her mandible maneuver would have been star making.

Competition is manufactured. I care about the women on friggin NWA Power more than AEW, and they barely get more ten minutes a week.

Ultimate Member

Kong is a shadow of her former self. People seem to think that she's still the Kong from the days of feuding with Gail Kim, but age and injuries have slowed her considerably. There's s reason why they have her do little in the ring these days.

Also after Jericho, we didn't need another heel champion right away.

And Riho's perhaps their most over face, only Cody matches her, so her not cutting promos doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Vince's track record with Asian talent, simply isn't good and never has been.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Kong is a shadow of her former self. People seem to think that she's still the Kong from the days of feuding with Gail Kim, but age and injuries have slowed her considerably. There's s reason why they have her do little in the ring these days.

And Riho's perhaps their most over face, only Cody matches her, so her not cutting promos doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

given how shinsuke, kairi and asuka are being treated right now on the "main" roster, i'm inclined to agree.

but yeah, AEW needs to work on their women's division.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

I will go you one better, Vince does a piss poor job of booking most non English speaking performers. While funny enough HHH has no problem doing this.Io is one of the biggest stars on NXT.

I assume Kong can work a basic match or why sign her. She would have to be carried, but that's fine for a monster heel who is twice the size of most her competition.

When I have a champ, I want to know how much momentum a performer would get by beating them. Beating Riho doesn't mean much other than becoming the new champ. Kind of like beating Tony Nese for the cruiserweight title.

AEW hasn't been around long enough to say that they know how to push Japanese talent. They don't have a Japanese star yet.

Both Riho and Kairi are champs of poorly run divisions IMHO.

Astonishing Member

Kong seemed an obvious choice to be the first women's champ. But I'm guessing GLOW Season 4 is currently filming or about to film and she would have to be gone for several months while it's filming. (Given that we haven't seen her, I'm guessing it's filming now)

I expect that if they are going to give her a run, it will be when GLOW season 4 is about to drop and they can also do cross promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    given how shinsuke, kairi and asuka are being treated right now on the "main" roster, i'm inclined to agree.

but yeah, AEW needs to work on their women's division.
    I currently enjoy the Kabuki Warriors right now. They seem to be having more fun as heels (and really, that's usually the case for most wrestlers), and they're definately raising the profile of the womans tag titles quite a bit. Not that it's much of an accomplishment since the womans tag belts have been handled pretty badly thus far... but improvement is improvement.

Astonishing Member

At least AEW seems to be listening to criticism and slowly working on their women's division.

We'll see where that goes, I guess.

Extraordinary Member

We have Samoa Joe!

EDIT:
    He's definitely not wrestling, since he's still got a cast. But he's filling in for Dio on Commentary, dunno if it's for the whole night or just this match
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 11-18-2019 at 06:12 PM.

We have Samoa Joe!

EDIT:
    He's definitely not wrestling, since he's still got a cast. But he's filling in for Dio on Commentary, dunno if it's for the whole night or just this match
    When Joe retires, I wonder if he'd consider becoming a commentator. I wouldn't mind hearing Joe every week on RAW (or Smackdown or whatever).

Extraordinary Member

The Authors of Pain appear outside of a preview, beating down Ryder and Hawkins during an interview about their tag title match later tonight.

Now Karl Anderson is getting a singles match

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Like Samoa Joe, and Bobby Roode, they originally only planned to have him be in NXT and give them some veterans to put their younger guys over.

They probably aren't going to give a 40 year guy a big push at this point. But I suspect he'll transition over to a full time role or coach at some point. (If he wants to stay with the company)
    Of those three, Roode and Joe are used okay. Only Young is wasted.

Astonishing Member

We have Samoa Joe!

EDIT:
    I don't think Dio is coming back.Good. He wasn't ready to be on Raw yet.