Page 1048 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 485489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast
Results 15,706 to 15,720 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'm honestly surprised they gave Black/Apollo that much time. Black's matches are usually short 90% of the time. Not that I mind, as Black is great and Apollo is very underrated. Just surprised me.
    I think in general we're going to get longer matches on RAW to fill time. They need to supply 3 hours of content each week, and probably want to fly out as little talent as possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think in general we're going to get longer matches on RAW to fill time. They need to supply 3 hours of content each week, and probably want to fly out as little talent as possible.
    Yeah, that seems to be the thing. That Street Profits match could have easily just been 15 minutes. Bianca debuted at Mania, so there was no need to do the same set up on Raw the next day.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Both Rhea and Basler got their momentum stomped by the established top tier of the womans divisions (Becky and Charlotte). That said, because of who they were wrestling against I don't think the loses really hurt either of them too much. And I think its possible both can get their wins back at some point.
    It does hurt them. This is the type of **** is why WWE can't produce any stars. They have to cut off the legs of anyone who gains any momentum. Rhea retaining would be more beneficial to NXT and WWE in the long run than giving Charlotte the belt. This is why it's hard for any of the remaining fans to get invested in anyone new.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It does hurt them. This is the type of **** is why WWE can't produce any stars. They have to cut off the legs of anyone who gains any momentum. Rhea retaining would be more beneficial to NXT and WWE in the long run than giving Charlotte the belt. This is why it's hard for any of the remaining fans to get invested in anyone new.
    Course, if it's true Rhea Visa expired and she needed to return to Australia, Charlotte winning is kind of a given.

Shayna is a somewhat different issue. We'll see if the WWE can raly and make up for her loss at WM.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-07-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Course, if it's true Rhea Visa expired and she needed to return to Australia, Charlotte winning is kind of a given.
    Maybe she can find out whatever happened to the Iiconics while she's back in Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Maybe she can find out whatever happened to the Iiconics while she's back in Australia!
    Now that a smackdown tag team as the womans tag belts, it would be good time for them to return.

Heck, with Fire and Desire seemingly on the outs I think Iconics are literally the only team left for Alexa and Niki to compete with at the moment (short of the obvious rematch with the Kabuki Warriors).

Astonishing Member

Heck, with Fire and Desire seemingly on the outs I think Iconics are literally the only team left for Alexa and Niki to compete with at the moment (short of the obvious rematch with the Kabuki Warriors).
    We should find out about Kairi's status soon too and whether or not they re-signed her. Supposedly her contract was about to expire.

Since there are taping at NXT, there are several potential heel pairings for Alexa and Nikki as well.

It's also conceivable, Bayley and Sasha challenge for the belt next, as a way for further drive a wedge between them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'm honestly surprised they gave Black/Apollo that much time. Black's matches are usually short 90% of the time. Not that I mind, as Black is great and Apollo is very underrated. Just surprised me.
    apollo suffers from the same problems that plagued shelton , good ringwork but lack of charisma will kill his momentum every time. Need another character makeover. Look at the losers from 3mb , first jinder had a makeover and actually won the title , now drew has followed suit , will heath slater be next ....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Exactly.

Charlotte is young but has been around for a while now. The only impression I get from this is "there can be only two".

Rhea beating Charlotte would have elevated the title and by extension the division. What's going to happen is that Charlotte is going to run over the NXT women until someone beats who might then lose to a Becky Lynch or Rhonda Rousey (if she ever comes back).

You can't build stars by tearing them down.l especially the younger ones.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Charlotte is young but has been around for a while now. The only impression I get from this is "there can be only two".

Rhea beating Charlotte would have elevated the title and by extension the division. What's going to happen is that Charlotte is going to run over the NXT women until someone beats who might then lose to a Becky Lynch or Rhonda Rousey (if she ever comes back).

it cannot be helped if rhea will not be back for the next couple of months. with the current coronavirus status , who knows when she will be able to renew with the current lockdown and quarantine and be back in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    apollo suffers from the same problems that plagued shelton , good ringwork but lack of charisma will kill his momentum every time. Need another character makeover. Look at the losers from 3mb , first jinder had a makeover and actually won the title , now drew has followed suit , will heath slater be next ....
    He was brought up from NXT too early IMO.

If he had stayed down in developmental a bit longer, they maybe could have given him a bit more time to develop some sort of identity or character a bit more.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if this is true, then oldberg is a dick for doing that to bray, after all his hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Yeah, but how elevated will the title be from Rhea cutting promos from her living room with the belt in Australia for the next 2 months?

Better to give it to Charlotte, have her defend the title in Nxt until Rhea can come back, then drop it back to her when Rhea returns. Or to someone else ... she's not going to stay in nxt forever. Charlotte wrestling in nxt isn't the worst thing in the world. There's a lot of fun matches they can pull from that. Again, funnier than promos of Rhea from her living room in Australia.

it cannot be helped if rhea will not be back for the next couple of months. with the current coronavirus status , who knows when she will be able to renew with the current lockdown and quarantine and be back in the states.
    I think that's why it was so important to make a big deal out of establishing a new number one contender for the NXT title.

They not only had to plan to take the belt off of Rhea, but also set up the next challenger for Charlotte as Rhea (the obvious person to chase Charlotte for the belt after losing it) won't be around. The other obvious choice might be Biance, but she's received a very well deserved call up to RAW (which frankly needs some fresh faces in the womans division), so they need to establish someone for Charlotte to compete against.

You almost have to consider the faces in the ladder match the favorites now. Candace, Mia or Tegan. I might favor Tegan a little bit... her history of leg injuries makes for a pretty easy story to tell against Charlotte.

I don't think he needs a makeover as much as he just needs a manager. He was doing well in Titus Worldwide because he and Titus and Dana to do the talking while he focused on what he does best: Wrestle. A good manager can do wonders for amazing wrestlers who aren't that great on the microphone. Look at Andrade.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans