Page 906 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4068068568969029039049059069079089099109169561006 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,590 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and dynamite opens with the legend, soultrain jones.

xpecting the crowd to know peper parks & andy williams is asking a lot even from the AEW crowd.

i hope the thing with joey is a work or gets straightened out, i was looking forward to him vs kip sabian with penelope. despite the criticisms joey rarely injures anybody, has good-great matches, is a good promo, can work heel or face, and most importantly gets over everywhere he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i hope the thing with joey is a work or gets straightened out, i was looking forward to him vs kip sabian with penelope. despite the criticisms joey rarely injures anybody, has good-great matches, is a good promo, can work heel or face, and most importantly gets over everywhere he goes.
    i approve. like i said, AEW was my first exposure to him and so far, i'm digging what he's doing so far.

ok. starting to see a bit from MJF.

Astonishing Member

My stupid dvr didn't record AEW. Damn sorry about my damn luck.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Catching up on Dynamite. This week's show is why I dislike Excalibur as an commentator. So when a brand new tag team attacks Cody all this guy can do is yell "The Blade" and "The Butcher". When Allie shows up he doesn't bother addressing why she's a heel or why she has a new name. For the love of god, why can't this guy tell people who anyone is? I'm confused as hell as to who they are, why they would attack Cody and why Allie is with them. He's completely inept at his job.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 11-29-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Catching up on Dynamite. This week's show is why I dislike Excalibur as an commentator. So when a brand new tag team attacks Cody all this guy can do is yell "The Blade" and "The Butcher". When Allie shows up he doesn't bother addressing why she's a heel or why she has a new name. For the love of god, why can't this guy tell people who anyone is? I'm confused as hell as to who they are, why they would attack Cody and why Allie is with them. He's completely inept at his job.
    I agree. The commentary was really killing it for me. I usually enjoy Excalibur, but you’re right he should have explained who they are. Of course, Jim Ross - who obviously had no clue who they were, should have asked him to explain.

Jim was really a disaster all night. He talked about Allstate in a segment promoted by Statefarm. He referred to a wrestler by the name of a completely different wrestler who works in a different company. He called an asian woman “oriental” and expressed shock that the Asian wrestlers could connect with fans despite speaking little English. He said the female referee “doesn’t let her gender be an issue.”

I think it’s time for him to hang it up.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I do think the commentators in general need to educate the audience a bit more about who these people are. Maybe because they're used to believing AEW fans are internet "smart" fans or whatever it's not necessary, but I think a lot of new viewers are going to need a bit more catching up on a lot of these people who aren't former WWE guys.

And they shouldn't have to rely entirely on Excalibur to do that. I get that JR and Shivonee aren't as familiar with some of the indy stuff as a lot of the AEW fan base, but in theory it should be a part of their job to do a bit of homework so the viewers don't have to. Cause if I get the sense that JR doesn't know or even particularly care about some of these people, then it makes it a bit tougher for me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I agree. The commentary was really killing it for me. I usually enjoy Excalibur, but you’re right he should have explained who they are. Of course, Jim Ross - who obviously had no clue who they were, should have asked him to explain.

Jim was really a disaster all night. He talked about Allstate in a segment promoted by Statefarm. He referred to a wrestler by the name of a completely different wrestler who works in a different company. He called an asian woman “oriental” and expressed shock that the Asian wrestlers could connect with fans despite speaking little English. He said the female referee “doesn’t let her gender be an issue.”

I think it’s time for him to hang it up.
    I’m not sure how Excalibur was supposed to explain in depth who they are while also reacting to what they were doing to Cody though. In a way I’m glad he at least made it seem like we should know who they are while telling us their names. Personally if I didn’t know them I would’ve quickly done a google search, he gave us that much info at least.

Agreed about JR, send him to NWA and he can just not know who anybody is.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think the commentators in general need to educate the audience a bit more about who these people are. Maybe because they're used to believing AEW fans are internet "smart" fans or whatever it's not necessary, but I think a lot of new viewers are going to need a bit more catching up on a lot of these people who aren't former WWE guys.

And they shouldn't have to rely entirely on Excalibur to do that. I get that JR and Shivonee aren't as familiar with some of the indy stuff as a lot of the AEW fan base, but in theory it should be a part of their job to do a bit of homework so the viewers don't have to. Cause if I get the sense that JR doesn't know or even particularly care about some of these people, then it makes it a bit tougher for me to.
    Even "smart" fans need guys explained to them. It's not possible for any one person to be familiar with every wrestling indie scene. Fans ain't trapped in the wrestling bubble as the people who work in it.

I take JR and Shivonee not knowing who they were as them not knowing they were going to be apart of the show. Honestly, they could have use that to force Excalibur to do his damn job!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I’m not sure how Excalibur was supposed to explain in depth who they are while also reacting to what they were doing to Cody though. In a way I’m glad he at least made it seem like we should know who they are while telling us their names. Personally if I didn’t know them I would’ve quickly done a google search, he gave us that much info at least.

Agreed about JR, send him to NWA and he can just not know who anybody is.
    It's not like there was a lot to their beatdown of Cody. They did pause to give some breathing room. Time Excalibur should have use to tell us who the hell these guys are. If I have to look stuff up myself that's a complete and utter failure on commentary. Also his failure to explain Allie alliance with them and name change is unacceptable.

so EC3 is reportedly out with a concussion.

that he suffered in september.

insert "getting concussion despite having not wrestled since the mox was with the company" jokes here.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of former announcers , Chris Cruise who weeks ago Jim Ross talked of positively in his podcast decided to turn AEW into Maryland commission over the Moxley/ Omega blade match. There are rules against guys blading and according to Meltzer they are looking into it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.