Page 887 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 387787837877883884885886887888889890891897937987 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,305 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

goddamn, this match!!

rey fenix wins it.

jeezus, that match was a volcano!

meanwhile ricc returns to NXT and we got a stand off between him and riddle.

riddle wins it but swiss tony and shinsuke come in with attack.

that dark order promo was creepy

MJF and hangman win the battle royal.

le champion has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's his own fault. The talent come up with their own names.
    you sure that's how it works?? i remember somebody showing a list of names he was given to choose from. i've been wondering for a long time now how they decide who gets to keep their names and who has to change??

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's the thing... you can't really say any of the female wresters in AEW are horribly misuded or buried when none of them are stars (except Kong I guess). They're just kinda there for the most part. It's not that bad, and it's not that good. It just kinda is. Except Riho I guess.
    stars are not usually made overnight, many of the ladies are showing a lot of potential. if they continue to get time for their matches rivalries and feuds will develop naturally and that should provide more opportunity to show character & personality.

so will not lighting the world on fire they're not actively shooting themselves in the foot or booking completely nonsensically like WWE often does. if a becky lynch falls into their lap i really don't think they'll try and cool her off to push dr britt.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The reality of pro wrestling is that for the most part, the powers that be don't live in the same reality that most of us do. In our reality, a black face t-shirt would not be put on sale. A transgender woman would not go by the Beast, there are no dick flips, and so on.

Cornette is kind of like Bill Maher. Progressive for his era, but in some occasions an out of touch dinosaur to this era. It doesn't mean that he is talented and doesn't have occasional good points, but when the rubber meets the road, he is going to have some "offensive" takes.

You hear a lot of the big older names in wrestling, and you see Bill Watts is still revered. Hogan is one of the good ones. Moolah was good woman who was just a little too focused on money. Probably because they know them as friends, and we know them in the abstract, so we don't make excuses for them.
    i don't get what the issue is with calling a transgender woman or man a "beast" am i missing something there??

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I am trying hard to take my natural adversion to intergender match away from my take.

Cage is a face monster. He is billed as being this superhuman.He is a top guy in your promotion. Tessa is 5'5" 130lbs and Cage is 6'0" and about 270. Mysterio is like 5'6" and about 175.

I wouldn't have Rey Mysterio beat Cage like Tessa beat Cage.
    why would you compare tessa to rey?? they don't wrestle alike, but why couldn't rey beat cage clean if he has the advantage in a gauntlet match??

What made me laugh is that Tessa acted like she was having a match the caliber of WALTER vs Tyler Bates. The crowd was not reacting that way. That match had storytelling. That match had believability. Tessa was hitting Cage with power moves. Jordyn Grace could get away with that but a wrestler who is about 125 lbs.. C'mon son

It's basically a squash match because Cages best couldn't beat someone less than half his size.

Just like a squash only one person got over in that match.
    After this match, you probably don't even have Tessa fight women anymore.

She can beat Cage clean but has trouble with Kiera Hogan
    only one person needed to get over in that match though, cage is already a legit contender, tessa is going into a title match against a guy she's lost to on more than 1 occasion.

i would've done things differently in the gauntlet personally, i would've had cage endure crazy punishment before facing tessa(he is a machine after all). but then again if that happened i could see how some might feel it cheapened tessa's victory when she need to look strong going into a title match.

i have a much bigger problem with how much offense a nearly dead rich swann got against cage than anything that happened with tessa.

holy **** that paradigm shift!!

hey do you guys remember when ciampa was a cruiserweight??

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I was thinking the only time Cornette was right about modern day wrestling was how he took down Austin Aires for being an ******* for what he did to John Morrison at that Bound for Glory title match where he no sold the finisher seconds later and flipped off Callis as he left. That Aires should have more respect for Morrison in ring and the company he works for as he's on his way out.

But as he brought up this has been Austin Aires for years. When he heard he was in MLW he told the owner that he'll be talked into becoming World Champion at some point and get angry after his run is done and burn that bridge.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

NXT:

Becky vs. Rhea was quite good. I'd love to see them face off again in the future.

They'd BETTER have a good payoff with this Dakota stuff, because it's getting tedious to see her lose all the time.

TUE vs. The Revival was MOTN, great match.

Riddle vs. Ricochet and Cole vs. Dijakovic was also good.

The brawls were great.

Really good show overall.

AEW:

Moxley vs. Darby was really good, and Darby already feels like a star.

The "bluff to get a title shot" bit was really great.

Thank goodness Shida won.

The BR was fun, but I'm tired of these "we forgot about this wrestler who hid until the end" finishes.

Good show overall.

Astonishing Member

All I'll say is Wednesday is my wrestling night now, and going by how quiet it is here on Mondays and Fridays recently I'll assume a number of folks here agree.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you sure that's how it works?? i remember somebody showing a list of names he was given to choose from. i've been wondering for a long time now how they decide who gets to keep their names and who has to change??
    Yes. From my understanding, the guys create a list of names they want to use and give it to management. Management gives them back a list of the names that have been approved and they chose from that.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    All I'll say is Wednesday is my wrestling night now, and going by how quiet it is here on Mondays and Fridays recently I'll assume a number of folks here agree.
    Honestly I think this was a great wrestling week overall (though I don't regularly watch Impact so I can't say about Tuesday). RAW, NXT, and AEW were all really good this week, IMO at least. We'll see if Smackdown can keep the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    NXT:

Becky vs. Rhea was quite good. I'd love to see them face off again in the future.

They'd BETTER have a good payoff with this Dakota stuff, because it's getting tedious to see her lose all the time.

TUE vs. The Revival was MOTN, great match.

Riddle vs. Ricochet and Cole vs. Dijakovic was also good.

The brawls were great.

Really good show overall.

AEW:

Moxley vs. Darby was really good, and Darby already feels like a star.

The "bluff to get a title shot" bit was really great.

Thank goodness Shida won.

The BR was fun, but I'm tired of these "we forgot about this wrestler who hid until the end" finishes.

Good show overall.
    The interesting thing about Dakota is yeah she loses all the time... but I legit think lately she wrestlers on TV more than almost any woman in the NXT lockeroom right now. She loses on like every single show. So they're booking her to the degree that someone really really likes her.

If there is some sort of master plan for her (and I'm not saying there is... they might simply think she's very good at making her opponents look great), it could pay off at Survivor Series I suppose. Maybe being the underdog sole survivor. That's always been a good place to have a break out star. Probably wishful thinking though. For a stage that big, they probably would give the push to someone else.