Page 282 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1822322722782792802812822832842852862923323827821282 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    That's sex appeal for you.

I hope it's the start of something too. I think they can do a lot with some interesting match types.

I'm enjoying the fresh feel that Smackdown is doing with certain characters. Some of them have a lot of potential but some of them are falling horribly flat. In some cases, that's due to the writing, in others, that's due to the wrestler.

Raw is just starting with the fresh feel and has quite some way to go. Lashley becoming Intercontinental Championship was a step in the right direction along with pushing Balor as a main event talent.
    now they gotta keep with it
    despite what a certain new Yorker thinks

speaking of that new Yorker

honor rising 2018 on axs tv chuckie t YOSHI-HASHI and jay white vs hangman page and the young bucks
    marty scurll and cody vs the golden lovers
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-16-2019 at 03:22 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, what about merch? Do they get downside guarantees like the WWE does? WWE does healthcare too so I don't see how that matters at all. Less dates is less exposure and while I don't particularly like the WWE's organ-grinder schedule, they run enough TV/live dates to get people exposure.
    WWE doesn't have healthcare for their wrestlers. They'll pay for medical expenses if they hurt in the ring isn't the same thing as a honest to God company healthcare plan.

Less dates doesn't translate to less exposure. It means they don't have an insane schedule. If guys can get featured regularly on TV and big shows that's all they need.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE doesn't have healthcare for their wrestlers. They'll pay for medical expenses if they hurt in the ring isn't the same thing as a honest to God company healthcare plan.

Less dates doesn't translate to less exposure. It means they don't have an insane schedule. If guys can get featured regularly on TV and big shows that's all they need.
    this is very true
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I'd honestly be surprised if they genuinely offered healthcare to wrestlers while at the same time allowing them to work in other federations. That potentially opens the doors to them paying for injuries which occurred while they were working for someone else. With the WWE at least for the most part they don't wrestle outside the company (though there are some exceptions), so it's more cut and dry. It'll be interesting to see how they navitage that issue down the road.

I think the issue with less dates more than anything else is less money. So you're creating a situation where you're generating less income while offering wrestlers as much or more money while potentially pay for health care on top of that. If they get an off season like some speculate, that's months without income. Cody mentions money in his rally speech... that doesn't just apply to the wrestlers. That applies to the organization too.

I don't know... we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd honestly be surprised if they genuinely offered healthcare to wrestlers while at the same time allowing them to work in other federations. That potentially opens the doors to them paying for injuries which occurred while they were working for someone else. With the WWE at least for the most part they don't wrestle outside the company (though there are some exceptions), so it's more cut and dry. It'll be interesting to see how they navitage that issue down the road.

I think the issue with less dates more than anything else is less money. So you're creating a situation where you're generating less income while offering wrestlers as much or more money while potentially pay for health care on top of that. If they get an off season like some speculate, that's months without income. Cody mentions money in his rally speech... that doesn't just apply to the wrestlers. That applies to the organization too.

I don't know... we'll see.
    There's an easy way to offset that. The guys that sign exclusive contracts can have the benefit of healthcare while the non-exclusive do not.

Money issue with less dates will depend on how the talent gets paid and how much they earn from their merch. If they get paid a base salary then it's a non-issue.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i agree with this.

so long as they are putting on quality shows at reasonable dates that are spaced out a bit, it could be great in the long run. less chance of audience burn out.

Astonishing Member

I would say there's probably a reason that WWE doesn't offer health care to wrestlers. ($$$$$) I've heard the costs to get insurance for an Indy shows are often back breaking for promoters.

WWE often pays for health care for in-ring injuries because it effects their own insurance. But I don't think they're paying for Roman Reigns' leukemia treatments, for instance.

There's an easy way to offset that. The guys that sign exclusive contracts can have the benefit of healthcare while the non-exclusive do not.

Money issue with less dates will depend on how the talent gets paid and how much they earn from their merch. If they get paid a base salary then it's a non-issue.
    Its less a oroblem from the talebt so much as it's a problem for the company. Again you're paying as much or more while potentially generating less income because if less shows, while paying health care on top of that. While its nice the wrestlers are being taken care of, you have to wonder if the company will still ne around 5 years from now to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Its less a oroblem from the talebt so much as it's a problem for the company. Again you're paying as much or more while potentially generating less income because if less shows, while paying health care on top of that. While its nice the wrestlers are being taken care of, you have to wonder if the company will still ne around 5 years from now to do it.
    They can make up for less dates depending on how good their TV deal is. How much is the network paying for their content, and their cut of the ad revenue. How many TV deals they get for international boardcasts will make a big difference too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Honestly, it all hinges on what AEW wants to be. Outbidding the WWE for people just doesn't seem like something to brag about(or really talk about).
    It is a big deal that Vince is getting outbid BUT ...

AEW has got a long way to go yet to determine if that was wise or not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

My only fear regarding AEW is that the Elite start to act like a new age NWO and trample all over the younger talent.

This aside, I think there's room for another "well run" promotion. WWE has been signing up a lot of people but the simple reality is they don't have enough space for everyone.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it also depends on how well they use the talent they get, which has been a big problem for the E for a long time. they have a massive talent pool right now, probably the best they've ever had. it's just that they either under-utilize them or don't utilize them at all. we'll just see how AEW works with the talent they get.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It is a big deal that Vince is getting outbid BUT ...

AEW has got a long way to go yet to determine if that was wise or not.
    If TnA/Impact tells us anything, spending momey on top name talent can be a gamble. They spent millions on established main eventer and it never really moved the needle. They did just as well pushing new homegrown talent and saved a lot of money in the process.

I think getting 1 top guy like Jericho is necessary. But beyond that I think if they are going to compete with Vince on contracts it'll start being a detriment. If you're paying these guys millions you'd better be making millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    My only fear regarding AEW is that the Elite start to act like a new age NWO and trample all over the younger talent.

This aside, I think there's room for another "well run" promotion. WWE has been signing up a lot of people but the simple reality is they don't have enough space for everyone.
    That's always KIND OF a problem when you have wrestlers booking themselves. I don't think there's any question mark as to who the top tag team in AEW will be. Not that the Bucks don't deserve it... they do. But when you have wrestlers booking themselves, there's a potential conflict of interest there. And that MIGHT cause problems down the line.

WWE at least never had that issue aside from Triple H (though he was already a top heel before he got into the family).