Page 1046 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 465469469961036104210431044104510461047104810491050105610961146 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,690 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Firefly funhouse should have been the main-event last night. Easily the best thing of night 2.
    I think traditionally Wrestlemania ends with a happy ending. There are a couple exceptions, like Triple H and Brock... but arguably those endings left a bad taste in everyones mouth.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think traditionally Wrestlemania ends with a happy ending. There are a couple exceptions, like Triple H and Brock... but arguably those endings left a bad taste in everyones mouth.
    How is Bray winning not a happy ending?

How is Bray winning not a happy ending?
    Heel wins and face loses.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Heel wins and face loses.
    John was suppose to be the face? I don't know man, he came off as a bully to me.

John was suppose to be the face? I don't know man, he came off as a bully to me.
    Taker was the face, and he arguably tried murdering 3 people the night before. Wrestling can be funny that way.

Miz as well. But everyone overlooks it because of the whole Rock/Cena stuff, which is a shame. I'm far from the biggest Miz fan, but the guy clearly has a love for the business. To main event (and win) a Wrestlemania is 90% of wrestler's dream, and the fact that he did both of those and is almost a footnote is pretty sad.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Taker was the face, and he arguably tried murdering 3 people the night before. Wrestling can be funny that way.
    Edge hit an unconscious guy in the head in the hair, which if any of us tried to do, we'd be going to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Edge hit an unconscious guy in the head in the hair, which if any of us tried to do, we'd be going to prison.
    But that wasn't the main event, so it's okay

Question- as someone who doesn't watch regularly anymore, and has only been watching old stuff and some NXT on the Network- what exactly is the appeal of Bray Wyatt? Because I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Miz as well. But everyone overlooks it because of the whole Rock/Cena stuff, which is a shame. I'm far from the biggest Miz fan, but the guy clearly has a love for the business. To main event (and win) a Wrestlemania is 90% of wrestler's dream, and the fact that he did both of those and is almost a footnote is pretty sad.
    Yeah, I think Miz is underrated.

He's a very hard working company guy that seemingly does everything he's asked with a smile on his face. He obviously loves to be there, even if he's not in the main event or whatever and I think there's something to admire in that.

Plus, the guy is solid in the ring and overall a very complete sports entertainer. He won't get any 5 star ratings from Dave, but he'll always be able to get people to give a damn when he's in the ring.

So for him to get his spotlight at WM, even if it's somewhat forgotten about (which I agree is a bit unfortunate) was great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't think he needs to go away forever just don't put the belt on him ever again.
    I would agree with this, but if he isn't the champ, what DO you do with him?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    He's good enough to go in short bursts that they could put the belt on him again--he just can't have these hijacking run that they've done with him before.

The rumor I heard (before the pandemic) that they wanted a face turn out of him after Mania. But I imagine he's not going to work the Performance Center so every thing is on hold with him.

There's some ready made storylines with him now that he's lost in such bold fashion to a person who wasn't Goldberg. He could have guys coming out of the woodwork thinking his weakened trying to make name himself. He can go on a tear trying to prove he still has it. He can get into a celebrity feud, decide he wants to be in a tag team (maybe take Rey Mysterio's son under his wing or something like that), do something with Sable. Because he's a part timer, one storyline with him can go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan
    He's good enough to go in short bursts that they could put the belt on him again--he just can't have these hijacking run that they've done with him before.

The rumor I heard (before the pandemic) that they wanted a face turn out of him after Mania. But I imagine he's not going to work the Performance Center so every thing is on hold with him.

There's some ready made storylines with him now that he's lost in such bold fashion to a person who wasn't Goldberg. He could have guys coming out of the woodwork thinking his weakened trying to make name himself. He can go on a tear trying to prove he still has it. He can get into a celebrity feud, decide he wants to be in a tag team (maybe take Rey Mysterio's son under his wing or something like that), do something with Sable. Because he's a part timer, one storyline with him can go a long way.
    Not a bad scenario! Long as Lesnar sells tickets McMahon will put the belt on him.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Astonishing Member

I don't know how I feel about WWE Films Mania. The vignette matches were entertaining. Bray is the best promo guy in wrestling .

I am watching FS1 right now, and seeing on the ticker , they have WrestleMania results is just weird. I am all for sports based wrestling. It what I enjoy the most, but I have to admit the cartoony stuff was fun.

Extraordinary Member

Titus O'Neil's expression was perfect after the funhouse match lol. "I don't know what I just saw" lol. I guess the 2 stand out matches were funhouse and graveyard. I think Cena and Bray are better actors than Taker and A.J. Even tho Taker looked better than he has in years.

Brock vs Drew was expected. We know "event" wrestlers like Brock don't go more than 10 minutes. All the matches were pretty decent. Only thing that annoyed me was Charlotte winning again. Damn good match but seriously...I also think the way Becky won was kinda corny. Another happy accident roll-up c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Though I'm not as big a critic of Brock as a lot of people here (I thought his usage at the Rumble for example was perfect), I think the WWE has pretty much done all they can with him.

At this point the ONLY reason to continue to pay the guy millions is to keep him out of AEW... and that might not be worth it at this point if WWE (like everyone else) is hurting financially due to the present situation. I think WWE might be willing to let Brock go at this point.

But if they don't, then he's always going to have value as a special attraction. He's still the most believable, credible, dominant superstar in WWE modern history at least (and possibly of all time). He's someone that in moderation will always be a draw. Him vs Bobby Lashley or Alastair Black or Keith Lee can headline any PPV in any arena on earth. Even if we KNOW the match itself will probably suck.