Page 1277 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 277777117712271267127312741275127612771278127912801281 ... LastLast
Results 19,141 to 19,155 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    I recently looked over the list of people who held the Impact Wrestling World title(2007-present) and I have to say that the lineage is kinda impressive, if not underrated.
    and then there's richie swann. nothing against swann, i remember thinking he had potential back in CZW as 1/2 of irish drive by with ryan mcbride and his run with ronin in DGUSA/EVOLVE but he's not world title material imo.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Was it just me or was Keith Lee doing some almost heel like moves in the triple threat match? I found it odd that the triple treat match featured two faces and one heel, to face the over baby face champ. We know how much Vince doesn't do face vs face stuff too often so AJ's win was obvious, until I saw Keith Lee the giant monster of the match doing some if not outright heelish moves then very heel adjacent. Which makes me wonder if the Limitless one might in fact be the perfect recruit for the Hurt Business to go after the World Title. I know Vince might want to see how big Keith can get as a face before the live audiences but you can't drag out storytelling until the Covid issue passes, which is why Bailey Sasha had to come to a head. Keith backed by the Hurt Business might be a big enough threat to Drew in Raw all the way till Wrestlemania season. It is also a big enough threat to require Drew to drop the lone wolf act and find a few friends though there aren't many good enough to fend off the Hurt Business/Keith Lee combo. That being said my dream new member of the Hurt Business is Samoa Joe.
    would be cool but also hang lashley out to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    impact is about to get a massive spike in ratings next week.
    you think?? i'll believe it when i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Kenny showing up on Impact with the AEW belt would be EPIC!! I did NOT see this swerve coming.

Also Sting in AEW, also awesome!!

Dr. Britt vs. Keyla was good and the latter needs to be signed ASAP.

Dissension in the Inner Circle.

Shida being spooked by Abadon is interesting and she sells it well.
    didn't shida kind of squash abadon once?? you're right though shida is selling it well. still i don't think abadon should be in a title program, she's had like 1 win on dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Right now Anthem is back spending money on the company with Good Brothers and EC3 signed as we saw. So the company is out there spending money. It also makes me question the deal of this kind. Love or hate Impact , it currently is the #3 wrestling company right now in America. AEW is the 2nd. So the 2 coming together for an Invasion angle which guys will move back and forth is a pretty big deal as were gonna see. How did Khan and Anthem work this one out ?

AEW needed a big storyline , Impact needed a big storyline. The 2 doing this is a good move for things to spur interest in products. It also makes me wonder if ...if Anthem is looking to unload the company now. We know AEW isn't going away but Impact itself isn't a big earner for Anthem. In fact the company is not where it once was back in the day and just was bought for its overseas TV deals and TV for Anthem. (The TV library and more was just to keep tv producing) .

If Anthem is gonna sell the company out . Khan buying it for the TV library and allowing Anthem to air the old TNA/Impact episodes in a deal would help. AEW would inherit a pretty solid roster of Main Event talent. Your getting Sami Callihan , Eddie Edwards , RVD , EC3 , Moose and Ken Shamrock to work with the AEW ones of Chris Jericho , Moxley , Omega , and Cody Rhodes.

This has me question exactly what Sting's role is gonna be ? I mean it was a nice great debut for damn sure. But a big issue is ...what exactly does Sting do in AEW ? He's not a manager type ? AEW doesn't have a GM role.

If Sting's rumors are true , back in July he wanted to come back for 1 last wrestling run and hinted at it in tweets. The WWE obviously was too scared to put Sting in ring as we know. But if the tweets are true ...Sting is coming back to get in ring. Hopefully AEW has good doctors to get him checked out.
    RVD, shamrock(and moose honestly) shouldn't be in impacts main event scene much less AEWs.

i really hope they don't do an invasion angle, talent xchange sure but i'll take a pass on an invasion. i wouldn't mind seeing the x-divsion title defended on dynamite if they take it off of rohit and put it on somebody good.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    and then there's richie swann. nothing against swann, i remember thinking he had potential back in CZW as 1/2 of irish drive by with ryan mcbride and his run with ronin in DGUSA/EVOLVE but he's not world title material imo.

would be cool but also hang lashley out to dry.

you think?? i'll believe it when i see it.

didn't shida kind of squash abadon once?? you're right though shida is selling it well. still i don't think abadon should be in a title program, she's had like 1 win on dynamite.

RVD, shamrock(and moose honestly) shouldn't be in impacts main event scene much less AEWs.

i really hope they don't do an invasion angle, talent xchange sure but i'll take a pass on an invasion. i wouldn't mind seeing the x-divsion title defended on dynamite if they take it off of rohit and put it on somebody good.
    AEW needs the depth at main event scene. To have depth of main event guys to put over the others. Rob isn't what he once was , but he can work with some younger AEW talents like Sammy Guerva or Darby in some fun things awhile. To put them over (as RVD is doing a heel run). Moose has a good look and has a great upside and could be used good in this angle. Shamrock is like RVD , he's the older veteran who can be used to put some young talent over at his age.

But the AEW roster getting EC3 , Moose , Eddie Edwards and Sami Callihan is really a big infusion in Main event scene. Callihan getting a bigger spot in the #2 company is nice.

With Omega showing up this Tuesday on Impact , this seems like an Invasion angle. That AEW and Impact are gonna go to war soon. I fully expect as Callis who is back to what he should be (a full on heel) will brag Impact now has all the championships. EC3 or Sami Callihan can win the unified TNA/Impact World title and tag with Omega in a match against some AEW guys (Moxley and Cody possibly).

At the end they turn on Omega and deliver a finisher and then they can go..."We will see you on AEW Dynamite tomorrow night !"

The 2 companies having a fun war against each other with each side holding a title or guys flipping back n forth should be fun. Taz who worked in TNA before can be questioned on who he sides with. Sting now in AEW will be brought up as he worked for TNA as well. Who does he side with ? (I would laugh if Sting coming over to eye everyone was basically him as part of Callis invasion plot. I mean if you notice , no one on Team Taz was beaten down by him)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    impact is about to get a massive spike in ratings next week.
    I don't see Kenny being a ratings draw.

I don't get the hype of Sting being in AEW. What can the company do with him? He's 61 and has a mountain of neck and back problems.

AEW needs the depth at main event scene. To have depth of main event guys to put over the others. Rob isn't what he once was , but he can work with some younger AEW talents like Sammy Guerva or Darby in some fun things awhile. To put them over (as RVD is doing a heel run). Moose has a good look and has a great upside and could be used good in this angle. Shamrock is like RVD , he's the older veteran who can be used to put some young talent over at his age.

But the AEW roster getting EC3 , Moose , Eddie Edwards and Sami Callihan is really a big infusion in Main event scene. Callihan getting a bigger spot in the #2 company is nice.

With Omega showing up this Tuesday on Impact , this seems like an Invasion angle. That AEW and Impact are gonna go to war soon. I fully expect as Callis who is back to what he should be (a full on heel) will brag Impact now has all the championships. EC3 or Sami Callihan can win the unified TNA/Impact World title and tag with Omega in a match against some AEW guys (Moxley and Cody possibly).

At the end they turn on Omega and deliver a finisher and then they can go..."We will see you on AEW Dynamite tomorrow night !"

The 2 companies having a fun war against each other with each side holding a title or guys flipping back n forth should be fun. Taz who worked in TNA before can be questioned on who he sides with. Sting now in AEW will be brought up as he worked for TNA as well. Who does he side with ? (I would laugh if Sting coming over to eye everyone was basically him as part of Callis invasion plot. I mean if you notice , no one on Team Taz was beaten down by him)
    Ummm, RVD is not with Impact Wrestling anymore.

Anyway, I'm so happy this is happening. Multiple wrestling companies working together is good for the business and for the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

I don't get the hype of Sting being in AEW. What can the company do with him? He's 61 and has a mountain of neck and back problems.
    According to a report Sting is wanting a last run. He doesn't look 61 (Sting looks in his 40's with how he carries himself) but unless AEW legit looked at doctors and got him professionally cleared to work , then I wouldn't have used Sting here. He's a legend and him being there is a nice touch but unless he's medically cleared then this is just to sell AEW merch. (Notice Sting had an AEW Sting shirt lol)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Anyway, I'm so happy this is happening. Multiple wrestling companies working together is good for the business and for the fans
    Damn he left in September. I really loved Rob's heel turn last year. His Charlie Sheen type heel turn was a funny one . "Look man , I got some real problems. I got my girlfriend and my girlfriends , girlfriend ok !" (RVD and his real world problems folks !)

I like how when Callis said Tuesday everyone was like "But Dynamite isn't on Tuesdays!" as if they can't even fathom Omega showing on up AEW Dark. Way to make your second show look strong, AEW.

That being said, it makes me smile that with AEW having a working relationship with AAA, NWA and now Impact, it's almost as if we're seeing a return of the old territory system. I'm not saying they'll beat WWE, but with WWE's ratings continually going down, all the other companies joining up and creating buzz may be what WWE needs to get their act together and stop phoning it in.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

According to a report Sting is wanting a last run. He doesn't look 61 (Sting looks in his 40's with how he carries himself) but unless AEW legit looked at doctors and got him professionally cleared to work , then I wouldn't have used Sting here. He's a legend and him being there is a nice touch but unless he's medically cleared then this is just to sell AEW merch. (Notice Sting had an AEW Sting shirt lol)
    I've seen 2 things about the Sting return that sound plausible:

1). He signed a PPA deal with 6 single matches, 4 have to be main events. Tag team matches do not count but have to be used as part of the PPA. Cody, Darby, Omega, Page were on his list of people to work with. Jericho and Moxley have been reported to want a program with him.

2). Sting coming into AEW is part of a working agreement to sell Impact to AEW at the end of FQ2 2021.

So maybe we get an invasion angle that ends with a company buyout again? I am thinking that AEW doesn't retread that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Sting could have an Edge type of deal perhaps? IF he can wrestle, he only does so occasionally but is on the show in other ways in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've seen 2 things about the Sting return that sound plausible:

1). He signed a PPA deal with 6 single matches, 4 have to be main events. Tag team matches do not count but have to be used as part of the PPA. Cody, Darby, Omega, Page were on his list of people to work with. Jericho and Moxley have been reported to want a program with him.

2). Sting coming into AEW is part of a working agreement to sell Impact to AEW at the end of FQ2 2021.

So maybe we get an invasion angle that ends with a company buyout again? I am thinking that AEW doesn't retread that.
    Every invasion ends with a group coming out on top. If this is Anthems way to sell out the company to Khan then its gonna go out with a bang over the next few months.

Every invasion ends with a group coming out on top. If this is Anthems way to sell out the company to Khan then its gonna go out with a bang over the next few months.
    Stinger's contract is out!

It is a multi-year talent contract with vague references if he can wrestler or not.

Let the speculation begin!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

is it a multi-million deal ? khan turning into the new ditzy carter, paying big bucks on old has-beens. sting is 61 , he's going to be limited at what he can do or take. taker is 55 and even he knows when to retire.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Do they have long term plans for Sting? What can they possibly do with him for a multi year deal? Tony is throwing his money away.

can't believe this didn't occur to me sooner but this whole impact/AEW thing makes a switchblade conspiracy(mox & callihan) reunion or confrontation possible. man i'd love to see them as cross promotional allies. mox could claim omega can't hide from him in impact as he has friends there.

for those who don't know moxley and callihan have a deep history. you could tell both guys were special and they had amazing chemistry. they're both very different characters now but i'd like to see if they can bring back that magic

AEW's main event scene has no lack of depth, they have established top guys and plenty who could slide into the main event rather seamlessly. impact is the one lacking depth in the main event. i mean rich swann is the champ and you didn't even mention him for fuks sake.

yeah not in impact anyways. i'm not sure anybody can be a real rating draw there. guess we'll see.

i think the hype for sting is a lot of people want to see him get a proper sendoff. his WWE run did nothing if not damage his legacy. i think if they utilize all the bells & whistles + add some smoke & mirrors they can get something decent out of the old guy. personally i'd give him a feud with penta and gimmick the fuk out of the matches.

oh yeah there's that too(neither is EC3 i believe) but still, even if he was it's not just he's not what he used to be he's just not very good anymore. he was probably my favorite ECW guy back in the day so it kind of pains me to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    is it a multi-million deal ? khan turning into the new ditzy carter, paying big bucks on old has-beens. sting is 61 , he's going to be limited at what he can do or take. taker is 55 and even he knows when to retire.

riiiiiiight, i guess you must've missed the last saudi(and probably the next) show.

Do they have long term plans for Sting? What can they possibly do with him for a multi year deal? Tony is throwing his money away.
    that's an overstatement, look at the buzz and xcitement it's already created. will he get his money worth?? idk, probably not but it's still not just throwing money away.