Page 734 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2346346847247307317327337347357367377387447848341234 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They've totally changed her character from warrior woman to introverted nerd girl who likes cosplay.
    I don't think being called a war goddess means anything. It's a cool moniker for marketing

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

and this is how good jericho is. he turned a one off line into a damn meme. lol
    And riffed a bit from Spinal Tap, to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think being called a war goddess means anything. It's a cool moniker for marketing
    In the 80's I'm sure she would have had to be more in character, talking about how goes off into battle on a horse to slay her enemies or whatever. But in the modern era for the most part these gimmick names don't mean anything. Charlotte doesn't really think she's a queen, and Alexa doesn't really believe she's a goddesss. Kairi might actually believe she's a pirate, but that's somewhat out of the norm. For ember War Goddess is just something you put on a TV, if she ever gets one.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I really hope they do a huge makeover for Bayley.

I want her to go from Hannah Montana to Miley Cyrus.

This also would be a great time for a huge face push for Kari, Ember, and maybe Toni Storm.
    is it just me or does it seem like WWE tries to play bayley off as being white??
    not sure if bayley could pull it off but i do love an oblivious heel that believes they are a fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem is less using the HW and Alexa as top stars. It's ALWAYS centering things around them. WWE doesn't put much effort into building up new stars long-term that THAT'S the real problem I think.

They at best do a half-hearted short term thing with other women, but abandon it before too long. Ember being the most recent example of this, but also Asuka as well. And then you have women like Kairi, who are shoved to the background from the beginning.

Sasha wins, Bayley retains, two heel BFF champions. Build up some nee babyfaces to challenge them. Let Mandy and Sonya win the tag belts and put some actual effort into their booking. Ideally let Asuka and Kairi split and push them as single's stars, or at least actually TRY when booking their team, etc.

It's not complicated really. WWE just doesn't really try most of the time.

Also with Bayley going heel, Becky is pretty much the only babyface with any real credibility now. And they need to fix that. Asuka or especially Kairi could easily fill that role if given a chance, or even Liv or Sonya potentially.
    it will be charlotte......sigh. of course it has to be charlotte because blah blah blah yackety yack etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, the problem with that scenario is because Sasha and Bayley are only now getting the level of spotlight that Becky and Charlotte were getting the past year, odds are pretty good any faces that would challenge them would lose this early on. They should be protected for a bit.

Yes, seeing Asuka and Kairi feud with Sasha and Bayley would be great. But the Kabuki warriors probably should lose at least when it really counts. It's too soon to derail the BFF's heel push.

Mind you I'm not disagreeing with your booking here... just saying that the faces who step up to Sasha and Bayley are probably going to be used to ultlmately get Sasha and Bayley over. Though they can still look good in the process provided they give good matches rather than bathroom breaks (something Ember quite honestly didn't really do in her Bayley feud IMO).
    i don't see why the k.warriors couldn't win a big tag match against bayley and sasha, they keep they're singles titles and could win singles matches. could be good for everybody if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Cody will challenge Jericho at Full Gear
    can't say this xcites me but cody is a better fit for the main event than page. 1 thing that bothered me about AEW booking page in the 1st title match was that if jericho won beating page should really not be a big deal to him, but if page won while it should be a huge moment for him the problem would be page would be the champion. i guess in a way it makes sense for jericho as a heel to act as if him beating page was a huge accomplishment but i don't think that's the way they are or should play it. as is jericho is the champ because he beat adam page, that doesn't mean much. beating omega, cody, pac,or pentagon would mean more imo.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 09-06-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And riffed a bit from Spinal Tap, to boot!
    Jericho has referenced Spinal Tap a few times over the years, it's one of his favourite films. Back in his WCW days he did the getting lost backstage bit while he was mimicking Goldberg's entrance.

Ultimate Member

As for Cody vs. Jericho, because elsewhere some people are a, ready complaining about Cody getting this shot. People are going to have to get used to Elite winning matches and titles. That's what happens when they're also your biggest stars. As long as they're not ALWAYS hogging the top spots, then it's not a big deal imo. Also he went to a draw with Darby Allin so he's not beaten everyone, and it made sense for him to win his other matches. Plus I doubt that he's beating Jericho anyway.

Cody's their most over babyface right now as well, so it makes sense to push him.

Ultimate Member

As for Cody vs. Jericho, because elsewhere some people are a, ready complaining about Cody getting this shot. People are going to have to get used to Elite winning matches and titles. That's what happens when they're also your biggest stars. As long as they're not ALWAYS hogging the top spots, then it's not a big deal imo. Also he went to a draw with Darby Allin so he's not beaten everyone, and it made sense for him to win his other matches. Plus I doubt that he's beating Jericho anyway.

Cody's their most over babyface right now as well, so it makes sense to push him.
    I was actually about to ask if Cody was a face. Because Brandi seems to be working a heelish gimmick.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the 80's I'm sure she would have had to be more in character, talking about how goes off into battle on a horse to slay her enemies or whatever. But in the modern era for the most part these gimmick names don't mean anything. Charlotte doesn't really think she's a queen, and Alexa doesn't really believe she's a goddesss. Kairi might actually believe she's a pirate, but that's somewhat out of the norm. For ember War Goddess is just something you put on a TV, if she ever gets one.
    Charlotte and Alexa monikers ain't meant to be literal. They are different words to describe themselves as being the best. No different from when JBL would call himself a wrestling God.

Kairi having a pirate motif is a callback to her student years. She was in a yachting club when she was in high school and college. She has a passion for sailing and expresses it by being a pirate. So it's not a really a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007

Plus he's a familiar name.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    is it just me or does it seem like WWE tries to play bayley off as being white??
    not sure if bayley could pull it off but i do love an oblivious heel that believes they are a fan favorite.

it will be charlotte......sigh. of course it has to be charlotte because blah blah blah yackety yack etc.

i don't see why the k.warriors couldn't win a big tag match against bayley and sasha, they keep they're singles titles and could win singles matches. could be good for everybody if done right.

can't say this xcites me but cody is a better fit for the main event than page. 1 thing that bothered me about AEW booking page in the 1st title match was that if jericho won beating page should really not be a big deal to him, but if page won while it should be a huge moment for him the problem would be page would be the champion. i guess in a way it makes sense for jericho as a heel to act as if him beating page was a huge accomplishment but i don't think that's the way they are or should play it. as is jericho is the champ because he beat adam page, that doesn't mean much. beating omega, cody, pac,or pentagon would mean more imo.
    Sure, they can win a tag match. That's what I meant by saying they should lose when it really counts. It would be normal booking to have some sort of tag match building up to the PPV title defense with the Kabuki warriors winning to establish them as credible threats... but by hook or by crook Bayley and Sasha probably should be able to get out of the arena with the belts somehow when the titles are actually on the line. Because they are heels they don't have to win clean... though in Bayley and Sasha's case it wouldn't be entirely unjustifiable if they did win clean. Works either way.

Ultimate Member

The last thing that the KW need is to lose another big title match. That's part of the booking problem.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The performers have to take some blame though. I sti have no idea what Ember is. She looks like a Vampire Xena, but she talks like a kid. She is great in ring, but what is there to root for.

Kari is similar in that way, but she embraces her weird more. The second language barrier does not help.

The WWE has done a poor job with face women, so you have to start off fresh. The last thing I want to see is face Charlotte.

Toni Storm is a fresh face that Vince can strap a rocket to.

Bring up Candace LeRae would be cool too.
    Kairi doesn't deserve any blame imo. She's been on TV like eight times tops since MAY, and several of those were short backstage segments where she and Asuka were made to just stand there saying nothing while Paige talked. She barely has matches on TV and never gets to really show off what she can do. And her "biggest moments" on the MR so far were getting pinned CLEAN by Alexa two weeks in a row.

None if this is her fault, she's been set up to fail almost from day one on the MR.

The last thing that the KW need is to lose another big title match. That's part of the booking problem.
    Which is why you MIGHT want to avoid having them feud with Sasha and Bayley in the near future. That's why Charlotte and Becky are a good initial first feud.. they can not only take the loses without being hurt, but actually help elevate Sasha and Bayley.

You want Sasha and Bayley to win right out of the gate for their big push, so whoever they're going to face early on will lose when it counts. If you want the Kabuti warrior to both feud and flat out BEAT Sasha and Bayley, you probably wanna wait at least until the Rumble if not Wrestlemania. Sasha and Bayley are both deserving of good solid runs, so you don't want to end it prematurely. Not when they're both hot.