Page 1045 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 455459459951035104110421043104410451046104710481049105510951145 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,675 of 19298

Timing it, the two world title fights probably were less than 10 minutes combined.

How, how can WWE think that was a good idea? This isn't boxing, you control the result! How can you think 2 months of hype should be settled in 5 finisher mashing minutes? Why does WWE keep putting world titles on part timers who can't go for anything other than a squash match?!

I'm glad they took the belts off both Brock and Goldberg, but I know they'll be tempted to put it back on Brock sooner rather than later.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

This was a horrible show way didn't wwe call it off?

Ultimate Member

iv vs. Nattie-Fun little match. Good to see Liv win, hopefully her push continues after this, she's got potential.

NXT title match-I have a similar feeling here that I had for the Mania 32 and 34 matches. They were really damn good matches, where the wrong woman won. And it was Charlotte every time. Gotta love how Io, Dakota, Candice, Bianca, etc all have been waiting years to get their shot in NXT, and every one of them could have used the rub of beating Rhea, especially after her winning at Mania. But nah, give it to Charlotte instead. She needs it right. Also I'm not looking forward to seeing them lose to Charlotte.

Otis vs. Mandy. This was really fun and hey a happy ending, Otis and Mandy for life!

Tag Title match-This was really good, and Montez Ford is a maniac. I should have guessed Bianca would show up, and it was really fun to see here here.

Edge vs, Randy-This was disappointing. Credit to both guys for trying their best, but the match was too long. Also LMS matches don't work well with no crowd seemingly.

SD title match-Really good match, possibly MOTN. But seeing Sasha lose at Mania again, she's 0-5 and all of the other HW have won MULTIPLE times there but her, was frustrating. Bayley, Charlotte, and Becky all won this weekend, but not Sasha. No wonder her fans are frustrated so much.

Cena vs. Bray-I have no clue WTF that was, but I do know that it was fun.

Drew vs. Brock-Drew's the first British WWE Champion. Wish we'd gotten a better match out of it, but **** it Drew won I'm satisfied. Now please, take a break from Brock beimg champion going into Mania next year, change it up a bit. Also Drew a former Impact and NXT Champion as well.

Overall, really fun show and only one match that I'd call meh. Minus the finishes to the women's matches, the matches themselves were really good, I have few complaints.

Night One-8/10.

Night Two-8.5-9/10.

Extraordinary Member

Drew vs. Brock was a Brock match, and by those standards it was decent.

The Firefly Funhouse match was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Now Drew/Brock, that was trash. Happy Drew won but that was literally the same as the Goldberg/Braun match. Jesus.
    Brock can't go more than 5 minutes, He's was sucking wind 2 minutes in. He needs to be gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Brock can't go more than 5 minutes, He's was sucking wind 2 minutes in. He needs to be gone for good.
    I don't think he needs to go away forever just don't put the belt on him ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't think he needs to go away forever just don't put the belt on him ever again.
    I agree with this. When paired with the right guy, in the right circumstances, I feel Brock can still be entertaining. That said he should be nowhere near a belt ever again.

Now Goldberg he should just be done entirely, there's nothing he's done since has return that his risen above meh and most of it has been trash. I'm not sure he can even do a proper jackhammer on anyone who's not a cruiserweight at this point.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 04-05-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Ultimate Member

Best parts of the show:

Boneyard Match. Lord was that fun and pretty much everyone played their parts to perfection. Taker looked more badass than he has in years, AJ was a great heel, the horror film vibe was great and they actually made me ok with AJ losing to old man Taker which I hadn't thought possible.

And of course AJ got the best performance out of Taker that he's had in years, AJ's that god-tier. Also how often do you see a triple murdee as the finish to a WWE match? Someone needs to comfort Wendy Styles and the Hot Asian Widow now.

Drew winning, nice payoff to his redemption, Declared the "next big thing" too early, couldn't handle it, got fired. Built himself up on the Indies and in Impact, came through NXT, got onto the MR and, after a few years of hit or miss, got really over and finally fufilled the potential that they thought he had all those years ago, good stuff.

Otis wins and gets the girl, it's great to see a happy ending. Everyone played their parts so well.

Worst Thing:

Charlotte winning. Now to make it clear, the match itself was damn good, really good. But I've tried to be patient but this is my tipping point, I'm sick of Charlotte. After all that build up for Rhea, having her beat Shayna, to end her reign so fast (NXT hates long and successful babyface reigns these days seemingly) with only two title defenses, a waste imo. And of all the women who can use the rub of beating her, all the talent in NXT just waiting to break out, Charlotte? It had to be Charlotte? She needed another rub at Mania and another title reign that bad huh? Not Io, or Dakota, or Bianca, or Candice, or Tegan, nope had to be Charlotte? Ugh.

It doesn't help that Charlotte's been in a title match in every Mania since 32, the only woman to get such an honor. Only been pinned once at Mania, never submitted, yet all of her wins at Mania have come via submission. They keep having her tap out women who are building up and it's so tiresome.

I'm tired of it, Charlotte's been bland for a long time now. NXT could have been put over huge here, but they blew it. And I'm really not looking forward to seeing Charlotte beat those women so soon after Shayna spent years beating them already.

Honestly that was the only thing on the show that I really hated.

Ultimate Member

Didn't watch the entire show but some things stuck out.

Charlotte didn't need the win. Unless Rhea gets a win back, this isn't good for her and doesn't bode well for the NXT women.

Bray Wyatt apparently has the reality stone or something. The whole funhouse thing was hilarious. Although it was nice seeing Cena's gimmicks through the years and nicer of him to agree to the "event" because it wasnt really a match.

Drew vs Brock was straight trash. Great result, bad match.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Didn't watch the entire show but some things stuck out.

Charlotte didn't need the win. Unless Rhea gets a win back, this isn't good for her and doesn't bode well for the NXT women.

Bray Wyatt apparently has the reality stone or something. The whole funhouse thing was hilarious. Although it was nice seeing Cena's gimmicks through the years and nicer of him to agree to the "event" because it wasnt really a match.

Drew vs Brock was straight trash. Great result, bad match.
    This wasn't about Charlotte needing the win. She obviously didn't.

I think more than anything this was about giving NXT a bit of a boost by giving it a high profile star. You probably want to keep Becky away from Charlotte for awhile (as she's the only credible theat to Becky left with Shayna cleanly beat BUT it's too soon to revisit that rivalry), so giving her a run in NXT gives Charlotte something to do outside of the title scene. And it gives NXT some fresh matches with a top star. Win, lose or draw Charlotte competing against people like Io or Candace will make for good content. She can stay for a couple months, eventually put someone over on her way out (probably Rhea), and return to the main roster and PROBABLY feud with Becky again.

Ultimate Member

Charlotte hasn't moved the needle at all in NXT so far, on fact she's never been as over as her booking would suggest. And she's not outside of the title scene, she's the champion. Charlotte takes an extended break away from the main event, it's not hard. Every other woman has had to at one point or another. But WWE cannot conceive of that notion apparently. After two years of Shayna, the last thing NXT needs is another dominant heel champion.

This feels like a step backwards if anything.

Also I think what frustrates me even more about Charlottes victories

Its rarely a rollup. Its rarely a pin after a long match. They have to make sure that she almost always has to make people tap out. Women who are booked as killers before they faced her

Asuka literally beat 90's GOLDBERGS STREAK. She beat multiple opponents at once. Survived numerous holds and submissions and is a badass submission expert. Yet she can't get out of Charlotte's almighty leg lock and taps in seconds.

Rhea won 2 on 4 at War Games, defeated Shayna despite having a bad shoulder and has gotten out of her clutch multiple times, including powering out

But she cant get out of Charlottes leg lock, it's that unbreakable?

But they refuse to let Charlotte tap. Like it's been over a year since she last tapped. Becky even never got to make her tap during their feud. She made Bayley tap twice in one week, yet Bayley only beat her by cheating or MITB cash on when she was out could already. Asuka has only beaten her via shenanigans, yet Charlotte beat her three times via tap out.

And yet all of Charlotte's Mania victories came via tap out. Her one true lose (she didn't win last year, but she wasn't the one pinned) was a pin, never submitted.

It's ridiculous how OP they book her. Like at the very least, could they have not made Rhea tap here? Charlotte wouldn't have, they wouldn't allow it.

wrestlemania was great. the boneyard match and firefly funhouse match was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Charlotte hasn't moved the needle at all in NXT so far, on fact she's never been as over as her booking would suggest. And she's not outside of the title scene, she's the champion. Charlotte takes an extended break away from the main event, it's not hard. Every other woman has had to at one point or another. But WWE cannot conceive of that notion apparently. After two years of Shayna, the last thing NXT needs is another dominant heel champion.

This feels like a step backwards if anything.

Also I think what frustrates me even more about Charlottes victories

Its rarely a rollup. Its rarely a pin after a long match. They have to make sure that she almost always has to make people tap out. Women who are booked as killers before they faced her

Asuka literally beat 90's GOLDBERGS STREAK. She beat multiple opponents at once. Survived numerous holds and submissions and is a badass submission expert. Yet she can't get out of Charlotte's almighty leg lock and taps in seconds.

Rhea won 2 on 4 at War Games, defeated Shayna despite having a bad shoulder and has gotten out of her clutch multiple times, including powering out

But she cant get out of Charlottes leg lock, it's that unbreakable?

But they refuse to let Charlotte tap. Like it's been over a year since she last tapped. Becky even never got to make her tap during their feud. She made Bayley tap twice in one week, yet Bayley only beat her by cheating or MITB cash on when she was out could already. Asuka has only beaten her via shenanigans, yet Charlotte beat her three times via tap out.

And yet all of Charlotte's Mania victories came via tap out. Her one true lose (she didn't win last year, but she wasn't the one pinned) was a pin, never submitted.

It's ridiculous how OP they book her. Like at the very least, could they have not made Rhea tap here? Charlotte wouldn't have, they wouldn't allow it.
    Honestly I'm not sure ANY star on the WWE lockeroom would be able to move the needle in NXT in any significant manner... that said Charlotte is a credible star who potentially can deliver a lot of fresh good matches to the show.

As far as making Rhea tap ... her finish is a submission move, so it's not that weird. Its like complaining too many of Bret Harts opponents lose in the sharpshooter. If you're a top star and that's your move, you're going to beat people with it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Its likely a combination of things on why Lesnar looked bad. He turns 43 this year and the down slope of a career. He is barely working a schedule and only shows up on big shows. Which back in the 1980's was ok as we know for Hogan. But in today's time it shows. With barely working and time he is showing how bad it can be.

And we will have to chalk this last Brock run as a failure. The original idea was to build a big Cain match but his knee surgery derailed that etc. I am happy Drew won and I wish it wasn't like this as he deserved a huge crowd pop for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Firefly funhouse should have been the main-event last night. Easily the best thing of night 2.