Page 1032 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 325329329821022102810291030103110321033103410351036104210821132 ... LastLast
Results 15,466 to 15,480 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Well, Heaven would be Hell for Father Mitchell
    Aha, good point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I wonder how long it will take to see wrestling with a crowd again?

I almost cannot watch it without a crowd. Some say for soccer in Europe it could last over a year.
    Try watching some of the Title Wrestling or Ladies Night out shows on youtube. They have matches where you NEVER see the audience but can hear them-if you want practice on not seeing a crowd.

It does take time getting use to seeing a match without commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

just as emotional as part 1.

and kudos to jericho and chavo for helping daniel and his aunt connect and heal from this ****.
    Fixed it for you bro. Yeah, I was shaking during those first 20 or so minutes. In a way, the special was a repeat of previous interviews and podcasts. But seeing it all together like this, that was good. Thought it was going to end on that bad note. But seeing how Daniel and his aunt reconnect (and I can see how Jericho did it since he had them both on his podcast, big thanks to Jericho for what he did), that made it great.

Don't know if I'll ever have closure. But something good came out of this.

Oh yeah, great to see how Chris Nowinski is now a Ph.D!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Fixed it for you bro. Yeah, I was shaking during those first 20 or so minutes. In a way, the special was a repeat of previous interviews and podcasts. But seeing it all together like this, that was good. Thought it was going to end on that bad note. But seeing how Daniel and his aunt reconnect (and I can see how Jericho did it since he had them both on his podcast, big thanks to Jericho for what he did), that made it great.

If I ever see a guy take an unprotected chair shot or an protected diving headbutt I am going to scream. I am completely ok with "safe" wrestling.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It wasn't a repeat of previous stuff. No mainstream outlet ever contacted Nancy's sister about her thoughts. No one sure as hell didn't reach out to David. A lot of past stuff didn't bother to humanize Benoit and bury the wrestling industry when covering this.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It wasn't a repeat of previous stuff. No mainstream outlet ever contacted Nancy's sister about her thoughts. No one sure as hell didn't reach out to David. A lot of past stuff didn't bother to humanize Benoit and bury the wrestling industry when covering this.
    You're right about the mainstream news sources. However, I think about past episodes of Chris Jericho's podcasts, when he featured Chavo, David, Sandra, Chris Nowinski, and Vickie. A lot of the things that they said during Jericho's podcasts were featured in this episode. Not everything from the podcasts were covered, but I think a fair amount of it was featured.

Nonetheless, it's good to see this story brought up in a mainstream news story. Seeing David brought strong feelings. I'm still hesitant about him becoming a pro wrestler. But a big part of me would still like to see him succeed. Finally, seeing that side of Chris featured here, the loving dad and kind person, that definitely humanized Chris.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Killer Kross Is NXT!!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

You're right about the mainstream news sources. However, I think about past episodes of Chris Jericho's podcasts, when he featured Chavo, David, Sandra, Chris Nowinski, and Vickie. A lot of the things that they said during Jericho's podcasts were featured in this episode. Not everything from the podcasts were covered, but I think a fair amount of it was featured.

Nonetheless, it's good to see this story brought up in a mainstream news story. Seeing David brought strong feelings. I'm still hesitant about him becoming a pro wrestler. But a big part of me would still like to see him succeed. Finally, seeing that side of Chris featured here, the loving dad and kind person, that definitely humanized Chris.
    Jericho did go out of his way to get people close to the situation outside of himself to tell the story. That the right way to tell a story like this. His podcast isn't a big enough platform so I'm glad it came out here.

On Cornette podcast the producers confirmed an Owen Hart episode will be the season finale and they interviewed his wife and children for it. I'll be very interested to hear their take on Owen and their relationship with the WWE and the rest of the Hart family.

Ultimate Member

IO'S BACK!! She should win the ladder match now imo. Also Candice winning, good call. Hopefully Dakota wins the gauntlet match, Tegan being in this match but not her would be weird.

Bianca not being in it is interesting. I wonder if that means she's headed to Raw or SD soon? Hopefully if she is she gets a big push because she has "future star" written all over her.

So we're finally getting the blowoff match between Gargano and Ciampa, cool. I'm mixed on the possibility of one of them leaving. On the one hand, they've arguably done all there is to do in NXT, and it'd clear some space to build up new stars. But I don't really trust Raw or SD with either of them honestly.

Riddle vs. Strong was a fun match.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    i remember how hack jobs like nancy grace spun this **** and kept making it about steriods and how she made it seem like everyone in wrestling was juicing. that's one of the reasons why i hate it when someone dies in wrestling. the media often has no clue about how wrestling works and just say whatever they want about it with little to no idea of what they were talking about. and when they do have wrestlers on, they just talk down to them like they were idiots.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and roman/goldberg has been canceled.

Apparently, Roman Reigns pulled out by his own choice, worrying about traveling because of health concerns due to the coronavirus and his previous health issues. That's what reports are saying, anyway. I have yet to hear the WWE's official word on this.

When reached by CBS Sports this evening RE: report from Pro Wrestling Sheet that Roman Reigns has chosen not to participate in the universal championship match at #WrestleMania 36 due to potential health risk, WWE declined to comment.
    Twitter · 9 mins ago
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 03-26-2020 at 07:40 PM.

I say insert Goldberg into john cena vs the fiend turn it into a 3 way dance.

Extraordinary Member

Cool. Wonder if their gonna let Goldberg sit on the title until Roman is safe to travel, or if they'll have someone else challenge him?

Anybody know what undertakers new gimick is? Is it like a cross between bigevil and and Deadman?